You have them, and they bother you. But the best foundations and concealers for freckles will hide them. Your skin has simply produced too much pigment. Exposure to the sun is only going to make those little brown spots worse.
You may have freckles from the time you are small. Once you head into middle age, you’re likely to end up with age spots and sunspots, too. But it’s not all bad news. Wear sunscreen and cover up with full coverage foundations and concealers.
The scientific terms are ephelides and solar lentigines. Ephelides are the ordinary kind of freckles that appear on your face and upper body. Then, solar lengitines are the spots associated with continued sun exposure and age.
Either way, it’s just hyperpigmentation. You can get chemical peels and laser treatments at a dermatologist’s office. Or you can fade it at home with exfoliators and skin brighteners.
In the meantime, here are reviews of the top makeup foundations and concealers to make your skin look flawless. We hope they help you find the solution you desire.
- Best Foundations & Concealers for Freckles (2021 Update)
- 1. Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer
- 2. Catrice | HD Liquid Foundation – High & Natural Coverage
- 3. Catrice | Liquid Camouflage Concealer
- 4. TOUCH IN SOL Advanced Real Moisture Liquid Foundation SPF30 PA++
- 5. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Total Control Drop Foundation
- 6. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte but not Flat Liquid Foundation
- 7. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
- 8. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup
- 9. Revlon ColorStay Concealer
- 10. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
- 11. Maybelline New York Dream Brightening Creamy Concealer
- 12. Maybelline New York Facestudio Master Conceal Makeup
- 13. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation
- 14. KIKO MILANO – Full Coverage Foundation and Concealer
- 15. E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation, Semi-matte
- 16. E.L.F. Maximum Coverage Concealer
- 17. Dermacol Make-up Waterproof Hypoallergenic Foundation
- 18. Dermablend Smooth Liquid Foundation with SPF 25
- 19. Dermablend Quick-Fix Color Corrector Powder
- 20. Dermablend Quick-Fix Full Coverage Concealer
- 21. COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation
- 22. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation
- 23. L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation Makeup
- 24. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
- 25. Vichy Dermafinish Corrective Full Coverage Concealer Stick
- 26. Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup
- 27. Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
- Related Articles
- Popular Articles
Best Foundations & Concealers for Freckles (2021 Update)
1. Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer
Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez wears stila products. She’s keeping it real in politics, so we thought she might just know something about makeup, too.
Stila’s foundation and concealer come in a united package so they’re easy to find in your bag. They’ll stand up to 12 hours of wear to keep your face satiny fresh. The foundation may be a little matte if you have very dry skin. But users with normal to combination to oily skin love it.
The high-definition full-coverage finish comes from silicone-coated pigments. There’s no artificial fragrance and no oil in the formula. Moreover, it’s available in a variety of shades and tones to help you find the perfect match.
2. Catrice | HD Liquid Foundation – High & Natural Coverage
Catrice’s liquid foundation comes in at least seven shades from fair to medium-dark skin. This is another one that works better with combination to oily skin. It sets to a matte finish that lasts an incredible 24 hours.
3. Catrice | Liquid Camouflage Concealer
Catrice’s Liquid Camouflage comes in a tube with an applicator. There are at least four colors available, but you may want to blend two together for better results. The rich pigment disguises all sorts of discoloration and uneven texture. Plus, it’s waterproof. Users over 30 have commented that it tends to cake underneath their eyes.
4. TOUCH IN SOL Advanced Real Moisture Liquid Foundation SPF30 PA++
If you have dry skin, try this liquid foundation instead of the ones above. The formula corrects redness and offers buildable coverage. It provides sunscreen as well as a fresh dewy finish that won’t crease. Also important, it’s free of parabens and mineral oil.
5. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Total Control Drop Foundation
NYX’s liquid foundation comes with a dropper to help you get consistent results. More drops mean more coverage. Then it dries to a matte, but not flat finish. There are at least eight shades available, and those take into account undertones as well.
6. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte but not Flat Liquid Foundation
Here’s another one for oily skin. The NYX Stay Matte foundation is buildable from medium to full coverage, plus it won’t transfer or melt. Choose from over 20 satin shades that won’t cake into fine lines.
7. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
It’s not often that a concealer is available in almost as many shades as a foundation. But this one from NYX is available in 12 colors. And you can spread it over a large area like you would a foundation. That’s handy since it also moisturizes the skin.
8. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup
Pulling an all-nighter? Revlon’s ColorStay Liquid Makeup stays semi-matte for 24 hours. It includes sunscreen to keep you from developing more freckles. Additionally, salicylic acid (more here) keeps acne away
9. Revlon ColorStay Concealer
Pair the ColorStay concealer with the foundation to hide dark circles and pimples. It also wears up to 24 hours and provides full coverage.
10. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
Maybelline’s liquid foundation gives you full coverage without creasing and caking for up to 16 hours. They recommend it for normal skin, but say it’s also safe for sensitive faces. The satin finish should make you look completely poreless and airbrushed. Moreover, it contains a hydrating serum to keep your skin comfortable.
11. Maybelline New York Dream Brightening Creamy Concealer
You have a few choices when it comes to concealer for your Maybelline foundation. This crayon offers medium coverage and is especially nice for brightening the area under the eyes.
12. Maybelline New York Facestudio Master Conceal Makeup
But the top of the line concealer from Maybelline may be this one. When you need full coverage that stands up to hard wear and still looks natural, try the Master Conceal Makeup. Just a small amount hides blemishes without the need to pile it on.
13. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation
Customers with freckles say that Tarte’s Amazonian Clay foundation covers up their spots and their dark circles. It lasts for up to 12 hours and has SPF 15 sunscreen, too.
14. KIKO MILANO – Full Coverage Foundation and Concealer
KIKO’s foundation is also a concealer depending on how you apply it. The tip of the applicator helps you focus on small areas, or you can blend a larger amount with a sponge or your fingers across your face. It leaves the skin dewy fresh and won’t cake.
15. E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation, Semi-matte
The e.l.f. foundation is certified cruelty-free and vegan by PETA. It offers medium to full coverage that dries to a semi-matte appearance. But what’s interesting is that you can blend it with their Daily Hydration Moisturizer to thin it, or the Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Lotion to add sparkle.
16. E.L.F. Maximum Coverage Concealer
The e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer is surprisingly inexpensive but effective. It can even camouflage tattoos, not just freckles or pimples. Set it with the e.l.f. brand makeup mist for more durability.
17. Dermacol Make-up Waterproof Hypoallergenic Foundation
Dermacol’s waterproof foundation really does hold up in the pool or at the gym. It’s super-pigmented to disguise freckles, age spots, or tattoos. Furthermore, you can apply it anywhere on your body. Users have commented that it doesn’t flake or crease.
18. Dermablend Smooth Liquid Foundation with SPF 25
Not to be confused with the one above, Dermablend’s liquid foundation is great for dry to normal skin. It melts to a natural finish that disguises hyperpigmentation (momcurls.com/hyperpigmentation-lightening-cream) and scars. The full coverage lasts up to 16 hours.
If you have sensitive skin, this one is designed especially for you. It’s tested to be free of common allergens and it won’t clog pores. For maximum performance, set it with a powder.
19. Dermablend Quick-Fix Color Corrector Powder
The Dermablend powder isn’t a concealer as much as it is the ideal base for underneath your makeup. Choose from four colors that camouflage under eye circles, acne, freckles, and more.
20. Dermablend Quick-Fix Full Coverage Concealer
Touch up the tough spots with Dermablend’s Full Coverage Concealer. It’s a no-mess stick that turns blemishes invisible. Like the foundation, it’s non-acnegenic and allergy-tested. Some of the ingredients include mineral oil, kaolin clay, beeswax, and talc.
21. COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation
COVERGIRL’s Outlast Foundation is one of the least expensive makeup bases we found. It is not the best choice for very dry skin. But if you have normal to oily skin, it offers impressive performance for the price. Additionally, you can find it in at least a dozen shades.
The full-coverage finish endures all day long. Meanwhile, the SPF 20 sunscreen protects you from developing new freckles and keeps your T-zone under control.
22. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation
L’Oreal’s Infallible Total Cover foundation comes in either this creamy formula or the pro-matte version. There are a dozen shades with full coverage that doesn’t cake or crease. What’s more, it looks good for up to 24 hours.
23. L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation Makeup
L’Oreal’s True Match foundation has only medium coverage, but it’s available in 45 colors, including neutral, cool, and warm undertones. The lightweight sunscreen protects against UV radiation. And the vitamins and natural extracts prevent premature aging.
24. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
There are few shades available of Vichy’s Dermafinish liquid foundation, and that’s a shame. It’s highly-pigmented and maintains a matte finish for up to 16 hours. The mineral sunscreen provides SPF 30.
25. Vichy Dermafinish Corrective Full Coverage Concealer Stick
The Vichy Dermafinish concealer stick makes undereye circles disappear for up to 14 hours.
26. Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup
Did you know that Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup can hide everything from freckles to age spots to varicose veins anywhere in your body? It won’t smudge or transfer for 12 hours, and it has a light sunscreen, too. You won’t need a concealer for this one.
27. Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
The light-diffusing beads in Smashbox’s foundation make your face look radiant while they distract the eye away from blemishes. The formula may be moisturizing, but it keeps T-zone grease under control throughout the day, especially if you apply the Smashbox primer first.
If you don’t want to show off your freckles, get one of these full-coverage foundations and concealers. They will give you a flawless appearance that lasts, in some cases, up to 24 hours. In conclusion, we hope our article helped you find everything you need to feel confident and comfortable.
Related ArticlesView All Posts
Modern makeup is all about the glow; however, dewy foundations have a drawback, and that is accentuating large pores because they are designed to reflect the light, which ultimately draws attention to your pores. A natural satin finish foundation usually[...]
Nowadays, there are lots of crazy contouring tutorials out there, however, for most women marking up their face like an art project doesn't really appeal to them. If you are one of those women, don't dismay, because you can still[...]
So we've all probably been here before, in a moment of passion, we get carried away with our partners and just wake up with a round purplish or blue bruise better known as a hickey. A hickey is basically a[...]
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
How do you know which are the best essential oil brands for your money? After all, this is an industry that isn’t regulated by the FDA. Oil quality can vary based on the distillation process of each company. Does the[...]
If you suffer from dark spots on the skin (hyperpigmentation), sometimes it can feel like everyone is looking at them. Luckily they aren’t dangerous, but they can be a bother in public. Especially when they occur on the face and[...]
You’ve enjoyed your dip powder nails for a few weeks now, but the time has come to remove them. Lucky for you, you don’t have to visit a salon to take off your manicure. You can remove SNS nails at[...]
Blackheads. Pesky little black-tipped spots that lurk in the pores of your nose. However rigorous your daily cleansing routine, blackheads can start feeling like that annoying friend that just keeps hanging around. Unfortunately, blackheads are one of the most common[...]
Do you wish you had a magic eraser for your face? Those laugh lines and dark spots are proof that you have a lot of stories to tell. But if you’d rather keep your age a secret, then a foundation[...]
Acne-prone skin deserves tender loving care. It needs to be hydrated just like the rest of your body. While creamy, thick oils are out of the question, there are still plenty of moisture-boosting options. The best night creams for acne-prone[...]
Battling with bad skin and breakouts? Does greasy skin leave you pimple-prone? If so, salicylic acid might just be your new best friend. And your spot's worst enemy. Many people struggle with spots, pocks, and persistent skin trouble. These can[...]
If you get an oily scalp like me, you will probably marvel at those people that can wait five days between hair washes. While, let’s face it, us oily-scalpers are every-other-day-hairwash people at best. And an oily scalp often means[...]