Is it a challenge to keep your makeup from melting off by the middle of the afternoon? Do you find yourself touching it up throughout the day? It sounds like you need to switch to the best foundations and concealers for oily skin.
- Top Foundations & Concealers for Oily Skin
- 1. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
- 2. Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer
- 3. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15
- 4. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
- 5. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Makeup
- 6. Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer
- 7. Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum Spf 20
- 8. Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15
- 9. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup for Combination and Oily Skin
- 10. Revlon ColorStay Concealer
- 11. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mattifying Mousse Foundation
- 12. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Color Correcting Concealer Pen
- 13. bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation
- 14. bareMinerals BareSkin Complete Coverage Concealer
- 15. BOOTS No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
- 16. Boots No7 Radiant Glow Concealer
- 17. The Body Shop All In One Face Base
- 18. Mary Kay TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation
- 19. Mary Kay Perfecting Concealer
- 20. Mary Kay Undereye Corrector
- 21. COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation
- 22. COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Soft Touch Concealer
- 23. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Total Cover Foundation
- 24. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro Glow Concealer
- 25. Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Foundation
- 26. Smashbox Studio Skin 24-Hour Concealer
- 27. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation
- 28. Cover FX Cream Concealer
- 29. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte but not Flat Liquid Foundation
- 30. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
- 31. Dermablend Intense Powder Foundation Makeup, Matte Finish
- 32. Dermablend Quick-Fix Color Corrector Powder
- 33. bliss Center of Attention Balancing Stick Foundation
- 34. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
- 35. Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish
- Related Articles
- Popular Articles
Top Foundations & Concealers for Oily Skin
Makeup for oily skin lets you keep a matte, not flat, complexion throughout the day. It won’t clog your pores or cause breakouts. Keep reading to see our hand-picked choices for the top concealers and foundations for oily skin. We hope our selections help you find exactly what you need.
1. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
Rimmel’s Stay Matte Foundation is a lightweight mousse when it comes out of the bottle. It sets quickly to a velvety matte finish that manages oil all day long. Choose from one of eight shades with full coverage.
2. Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer
Apply the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer to cover up dark circles under your eyes. It instantly brightens your skin tone to make you look less fatigued.
3. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15
The MAC Studio Fix Foundation contains micronized pigments and reflective powder that create a flawless canvas on your face. The matte finish lasts for hours, even standing up to perspiration and high humidity. That only does it reduce shine, but it disperses and absorbs skin oil.
4. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Combine the power of MAC’s Longwear Concealer with their Studio Fix foundation for camouflage that works nonstop for up to 15 hours.
5. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Makeup
The Maybelline Fit Me Matte Plus Foundation might be a drugstore product, but it works. Thousands of customers repeat the same story. The buildable coverage lasts throughout the day without getting shiny or melting. That’s because it has micro-powders that soak up excess oil and camouflage large pores. It’s also convenient that the foundation comes in 24 shades to match every skin color.
6. Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer
The Fit Me concealer has a translucent base, but it’s good for concealing undereye circles.
7. Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum Spf 20
Neutrogena promises that their Shine Control makeup reduces oiliness for up to eight hours. The secret lies in the rice protein complex that keeps the skin fresh and natural-looking.
8. Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15
Clinique’s Even Better Makeup isn’t just for oily skin. It works for those with combination skin, too. It comes in 10 shades, and you can blend any of those together to create the perfect match. This formula is free of oils and artificial fragrances, plus it contains sunscreen.
9. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup for Combination and Oily Skin
The Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup is available in 22 colors. It goes on smooth and feels lightweight on the skin. Customers say that the buildable medium coverage stays matte throughout the day. Moreover, the water-based formula has no artificial fragrance and offers SPF 15 protection against the sun. For even better performance, apply the ColorStay primer first.
10. Revlon ColorStay Concealer
The ColorStay Concealer has time-release technology that allows it to camouflage imperfections for up to 24 hours.
11. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mattifying Mousse Foundation
If you have sensitive skin, try the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mattifying Mousse Foundation. Not only does it reduce shine for hours, but it feels so light that it’s hard to know you’re wearing makeup at all. Additionally, there are no artificial fragrances or parabens in the formula. On the downside, it’s available in only five shades for light to medium tone skin. Some users say that it transfers easily to clothes.
12. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Color Correcting Concealer Pen
13. bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation
The Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte powder foundation has light but buildable coverage and it’s available in 19 shades. It reduces oiliness throughout the day and hides pores.
14. bareMinerals BareSkin Complete Coverage Concealer
Pair this silky liquid concealer with the powder foundation to hide dark circles and blemishes.
15. BOOTS No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
BOOTS No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation reduces shine for up to 12 hours. It provides SPF 15 against ultraviolet radiation and comes in seven shades. This product from the United Kingdom makes customers on both sides of the Atlantic happy.
16. Boots No7 Radiant Glow Concealer
The Radiant Glow concealer from Boots No7 is made for all skin types. The thick coverage hides blemishes for up to 12 hours.
17. The Body Shop All In One Face Base
The Body Shop’s All In One Face Base is a pressed powder foundation that offers full coverage. It’s especially nice for oily skin because it manages shine throughout the day. But it doesn’t look caked-on or chalky. It comes in a compact complete with mirror and applicator sponge. There are five shades for light to medium tones.
18. Mary Kay TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation
If you’re in your 30s and beyond, try the TimeWise Matte-Wear Foundation from Mary Kay. Not only does it manage excess oil, but it also keeps your skin young. While it resists perspiration and humidity, peptides and Vitamin E firm up your face.
19. Mary Kay Perfecting Concealer
Use the Mary Kay Perfecting Concealer with the TimeWise foundation to camouflage discoloration and fine lines.
20. Mary Kay Undereye Corrector
Don’t forget the Mary Kay Undereye Corrector to brighten your eyes. It gets rid of shadows and it’s safe for contact lens wearers.
21. COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation
No review of oil-control foundations would be complete without the COVERGIRL Clean Matte liquid makeup. It’s inexpensive, but it helps manage shine all day long by absorbing excess oil. Although it’s only available in six colors, the formula is unscented and non-comedogenic.
22. COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Soft Touch Concealer
Combine the Covergirl Outlast Concealer with the Clean Matte foundation to cover up blemishes for all-day wear. Once it sets, it doesn’t smudge.
23. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Total Cover Foundation
L’Oreal’s Infallible foundation endures up to 24 hours after you put it on. It doesn’t melt if you have oily skin, and it doesn’t cake or crease. Try one of the 12 shades and experience this lightweight, full coverage formula that consistently gets good reviews.
24. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro Glow Concealer
The Infallible concealer lasts up to 16 hours. Not only does it conceal imperfections, but it also corrects hyperpigmentation and serves as a highlighter, too.
25. Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Foundation
Smashbox’s Studio Skin offers medium, buildable coverage that resists humidity and sweat while it reduces shine. Instead of a flat matte finish, your skin looks refreshed. Plus, light-diffusing beads disguise imperfections so that you’re ready to go in front of the camera.
26. Smashbox Studio Skin 24-Hour Concealer
Smashbox’s Studio Skin concealer last even longer than the foundation. It’s actually waterproof and transfer-resistant.
27. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation
Cover FX’s foundation puts a soft focus finish on your face. This has the effect of concealing pores and fine lines. Meanwhile, antioxidants in the formula help your skin repair environmental damage. It sets to a satin finish but isn’t our top choice for reducing shine.
28. Cover FX Cream Concealer
The cream concealer from Cover FX has full coverage with a matte finish.
29. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte but not Flat Liquid Foundation
Be sure to match the NYX Stay Matte foundation to your undertone. The buildable coverage sets to a satin finish that stands up to a rainy day.
30. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
This coverup makeup from NYX is available in more shades than the typical concealer. That helps you achieve a natural finish. Unfortunately, it’s not specially made for oil control as much as moisturization.
31. Dermablend Intense Powder Foundation Makeup, Matte Finish
Dermablend’s powder foundation is designed for oily skin. It provides medium to full coverage without looking cakey or chalky. It’s available in 15 shades. But before you apply it, check out Color Corrector Powder below.
32. Dermablend Quick-Fix Color Corrector Powder
The Dermablend corrector powder needs to be smoothed onto blemishes before you apply the Intense Powder Foundation. It’s available in four shades: red, yellow, orange, and green. Each color eliminates a different problem such as redness, undereye bags, or hyperpigmentation.
33. bliss Center of Attention Balancing Stick Foundation
Leave the traditional liquid foundations and powders behind when you try the bliss stick foundation. The creamy gel mattifies your face so that it looks naturally fresh, not shiny. Add more layers to go beyond medium to full coverage.
34. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
The Tarte Airbrush Foundation doubles as a finishing powder, too. Users say that it not only reduces shine, but it evens out their skin tone, makes their face look radiant, and feels very lightweight. Moreover, there are no parabens, phthalates, or gluten in the powder. Instead, the main ingredients are mica, pearl powder, tea leaf extract, caffeine, and powder gems like ruby and tourmaline.
It’s not foundation or concealer, but it ensures that your makeup lasts all day without melting. Use the Skindinavia finishing spray to set your foundation so that doesn’t slip or get shiny.
Oily skin is an opportunity to test the limits of your makeup. When you use one of the best foundations and concealers for oily skin, you’ll discover how it feels to look fresh, but not shiny, all day long. To further reduce shine, take a look at the best primers for oily skin. You may also appreciate a finishing powder or spray.
Related ArticlesView All Posts
Modern makeup is all about the glow; however, dewy foundations have a drawback, and that is accentuating large pores because they are designed to reflect the light, which ultimately draws attention to your pores. A natural satin finish foundation usually[...]
What’s your main concern when choosing foundations for mature skin? Are you looking for the best anti-aging foundation? What about coverage without creasing? These are both pertinent points. You might also consider your budget. Luckily, there are many options from[...]
Would you like to have a brighter complexion? Perhaps smaller pores, healthier skin, and fewer fine lines, too? Then you need the best vitamin C serum for oily skin. Topical Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) firms your skin by building collagen.[...]
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
How do you know which are the best essential oil brands for your money? After all, this is an industry that isn’t regulated by the FDA. Oil quality can vary based on the distillation process of each company. Does the[...]
If you suffer from dark spots on the skin (hyperpigmentation), sometimes it can feel like everyone is looking at them. Luckily they aren’t dangerous, but they can be a bother in public. Especially when they occur on the face and[...]
You’ve enjoyed your dip powder nails for a few weeks now, but the time has come to remove them. Lucky for you, you don’t have to visit a salon to take off your manicure. You can remove SNS nails at[...]
Fine hair refers to the thickness of your individual hair strands. If you have fine hair, I'm sure you go through ups and downs with it. On some days you probably rejoice in the fact that it is easy and[...]
Blackheads. Pesky little black-tipped spots that lurk in the pores of your nose. However rigorous your daily cleansing routine, blackheads can start feeling like that annoying friend that just keeps hanging around. Unfortunately, blackheads are one of the most common[...]
Do you wish you had a magic eraser for your face? Those laugh lines and dark spots are proof that you have a lot of stories to tell. But if you’d rather keep your age a secret, then a foundation[...]
Acne-prone skin deserves tender loving care. It needs to be hydrated just like the rest of your body. While creamy, thick oils are out of the question, there are still plenty of moisture-boosting options. The best night creams for acne-prone[...]
Battling with bad skin and breakouts? Does greasy skin leave you pimple-prone? If so, salicylic acid might just be your new best friend. And your spot's worst enemy. Many people struggle with spots, pocks, and persistent skin trouble. These can[...]
If you get an oily scalp like me, you will probably marvel at those people that can wait five days between hair washes. While, let’s face it, us oily-scalpers are every-other-day-hairwash people at best. And an oily scalp often means[...]