We know from first-hand experience what it’s like to deal with makeup on combination skin. After all, it’s the most common skin type on the planet. All around the world people are dealing with greasy T-zones where their eyeshadow melts and dry cheeks where foundation flakes. It’s time for these frustrations to stop.
The issue when looking for a good foundation or concealer is that they might be good for other skin types but don’t work well for combination skin. This type of skin is more tricky to shop for but don’t worry! We’ve hand selected all the top products so that you can get one that’s right for you.
We evaluate them based on price, ingredients, and overall quality.
- Best Foundations & Concealers for Combination Skin (2019 Update)
- 1. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup for Combination and Oily Skin
- 2. Revlon ColorStay Concealer
- 3. New Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15
- 4. Clinique Even Better Concealer
- 5. Neutrogena Skinclearing Makeup
- 6. Neutrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer
- 7. Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 20
- 8. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
- 9. Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer
- 10. BOOTS No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
- 11. Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Concealer Stick
- 12. TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation from Mary Kay
- 13. Mary Kay Perfecting Concealer
- 14. Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Filter Foundation
- 15. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer
- 16. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte but not Flat Liquid Foundation
- 17. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
- 18. Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation
- 19. COVERGIRL Clean Invisible Lightweight Concealer
- 20. COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation
- 21. COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Soft Touch Concealer
- 22. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Total Cover Foundation
- 23. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro Glow Concealer
- 24. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15
- 25. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
- 26. Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Foundation
- 27. Smashbox Studio Skin 24-Hour Concealer
- 28. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Makeup
- 29. Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer
- 30. Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Smooth-Effect Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- 31. Chanel Le Correcteur De Chanel Longwear Concealer
- 32. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
- 33. Vichy Dermafinish Corrective Full Coverage Concealer Stick
- 34. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil-Free Photo Edition Foundation
- 35. Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer for Under Eye
- 36. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation
- 37. Cover FX Cream Concealer
- 38. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mattifying Mousse Matte Foundation
- 39. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Color Correcting Concealer Pen
- 40. Dermablend Blurring Mousse Camo Oil-Free Foundation Makeup with SPF 25
- 41. bliss Center of Attention Balancing Stick Foundation
Best Foundations & Concealers for Combination Skin (2019 Update)
To help you look your best all day long, we researched the best foundations and concealers for combination skin. We hope that our article helps you find exactly what you need.
1. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup for Combination and Oily Skin
It’s not hard to find a match for your skin tone when the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup comes in 22 colors. You only need a dab of the creamy foundation which goes on smooth, feels lightweight and lasts all day long. Users are pleased that the buildable medium coverage stays matte without looking flat. Plus, the water-based formula lacks perfume and provides SPF 15 protection.
2. Revlon ColorStay Concealer
The ColorStay Concealer is a perfect match for the foundation. It has time-release technology that camouflages imperfections for up to 24 hours.
3. New Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15
Clinique’s Even Better foundation is made for combination skin. It manages shine without causing dryness. Moreover, it’s free of oils and fragrances. Not only does it even out your skin tone and protect you from the sun, but it also adds a touch of radiance with luminous minerals.
4. Clinique Even Better Concealer
Use this concealer with the Clinique Even Better foundation to disguise pimples and discoloration. The creamy coverage builds well without caking. And the long-wearing finish contains vitamin C to fade hyperpigmentation over time.
5. Neutrogena Skinclearing Makeup
If you’re dealing with frequent acne as well as combination skin, try Neutrogena’s Skinclearing liquid foundation. It has Micro-Clear technology with salicylic acid that unclogs pores. The result is that you end up with less shine and fewer breakouts. Clinical trials proved it to be 100% effective.
6. Neutrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer
Don’t forget to use Neutrogena’s blemish concealer, too. It’s worth the extra cost because it has the same Micro-Clear technology as the foundation. Therefore, it literally blasts away blemishes each time you cover them up.
7. Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 20
The Neutrogena Shine Control makeup goes the extra mile to reduce shine for up to eight hours. It contains a rice protein complex that keeps your skin looking natural, not dry.
8. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
The lightweight Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation is like not wearing makeup at all, except that it hides imperfections and keeps your skin looking fresh. This liquid mousse is available in eight shades.
9. Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer
Reach for the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer to cover up pimples and erase dark circles. It’s made to instantly brighten and perfect your complexion.
10. BOOTS No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
Customers in the United Kingdom already know that the Beautifully Matte Foundation from Boots No7 reduces shine for up to 14 hours. It makes pores look smaller and evens out skin color. Choose from one of seven shades.
11. Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Concealer Stick
The Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel concealer stick doesn’t just camouflage blemishes, it also treats them. It literally shrinks pores and kills acne bacteria.
12. TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation from Mary Kay
Mary Kay’s TimeWise Foundation was designed for mature combination skin. The velvety matte finish doesn’t transfer onto clothing or melt when you perspire. Furthermore, while you wear it, it firms up the skin and fades discoloration with Vitamin E and peptides.
13. Mary Kay Perfecting Concealer
Apply the Mary Kay Perfecting Concealer to cover up age spots and fine lines alike. It’s also handy for hiding redness.
14. Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Filter Foundation
Revlon’s Insta-Filter Foundation offers buildable medium to full coverage over dark spots and fine lines. Combine it with the PhotoReady concealer and you’ll be ready for your next selfie without the need of any software filters to edit your image.
15. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer
Use this Revlon concealer with their Insta-Filter Foundation to hide dark circles or imperfections. The coverage is buildable.
16. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte but not Flat Liquid Foundation
Fans of the NYX Stay Matte foundation love how it resists high humidity and perspiration. But it never looks caked-on or dull. Plus, you can build the coverage to perfection.
17. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
In case you still have a couple of spots peeking through the foundation, use the NYX Professional concealer. The company describes it as “photogenic makeup.” It doesn’t hurt that it’s available in more than 12 shades and looks as good spread over large areas as it does over small blemishes.
18. Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation
CoverGirl and Olay teamed up for this medium coverage foundation that disguises age spots and fine lines. At the same time that it evens out skin tone, it fades acne scars and erases wrinkles with niacinamide, green tea, and vitamin E. It keeps your dry skin dewy fresh and oily patches under control.
19. COVERGIRL Clean Invisible Lightweight Concealer
If you only need a little cover-up, the CoverGirl Clean Invisible liquid concealer brightens up dark circles and disguises pimples without making the skin oilier.
20. COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation
COVERGIRL’s Clean Matte Liquid Foundation might be a drugstore product, but it manages shine all day long. The unscented makeup is available in six colors, too.
21. COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Soft Touch Concealer
Grab the Covergirl Outlast Concealer when you need look your best all day long. It’s buildable from medium to full coverage and it won’t smudge once it sets.
22. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Total Cover Foundation
When looking perfect is mission-critical, apply L’Oreal’s Infallible foundation. It persists up to 24 hours and doesn’t melt, smudge, or crease. It’s available in 12 shades with full coverage.
23. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro Glow Concealer
L’Oreal promises that the Infallible concealer lasts up to 16 hours. It corrects discoloration like undereye circles and acts as a highlighter.
24. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15
The MAC Studio Fix Foundation makes your complexion radiant with micronized pigments and reflective powder. Its matte finish endures for hours even in high humidity. And those pigments also absorb and disperse the excess oil.
25. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Use MAC’s Longwear Concealer along with their Studio Fix foundation to create a perfect canvas that lasts up to 15 hours.
26. Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Foundation
Smashbox’s Studio Skin also stands up to sweat in high humidity while it controls oil. The medium, buildable coverage sets to a satiny fresh finish. Part of the magic comes from light-diffusing beads that blur imperfections. Just ask the YouTubers who enjoy it.
27. Smashbox Studio Skin 24-Hour Concealer
Oddly enough, the Smashbox Studio Skin concealer last even longer than the foundation. It’s literally waterproof and transfer-resistant. You’re going to need a high-quality makeup remover for this one.
28. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Makeup
It’s hard to believe that the Maybelline Fit Me Matte Plus Foundation is so inexpensive. It has buildable coverage that lasts all day and it’s available in 24 shades for every skin color. The micro-powders inside absorb excess oil and disguise pores.
29. Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer
The Fit Me concealer may have a translucent base, but it’s convenient for brightening dark circles under the eyes.
30. Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Smooth-Effect Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Try the premium Chanel Lumiere Makeup and you may be spoiled for life. It manages oily T-zones with a flawless satin finish. This is one makeup that will never crease.
31. Chanel Le Correcteur De Chanel Longwear Concealer
Chanel’s Longwear concealer has the texture of a gel. It brightens up undereye circles and disguises imperfections with light-reflecting buildable coverage.
32. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
When it’s time to cover up that tattoo, try Vichy’s Dermafinish foundation and their Full Coverage Concealer. Together, they create a flawless, high-coverage matte finish that lasts up to 16 hours. The fragrance-free formula won’t settle into lines or look caked-on.
33. Vichy Dermafinish Corrective Full Coverage Concealer Stick
This is the Vichy Dermafinish concealer stick that will help you get the most out of the foundation. The concealer alone lasts up to 14 hours.
34. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil-Free Photo Edition Foundation
You don’t need to invest in a spray gun to enjoy an airbrushed finish to your makeup. Try Laura Mercier’s Silk Crème Foundation with full coverage pigment and sunscreen. It keeps shine in check for up to 12 hours.
35. Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer for Under Eye
The Laura Mercier concealer doesn’t just hide them, its formula reduces dark circles and bags under your eyes.
36. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation
Customers who love Cover FX’s foundation say that it makes their pores look smaller and their skin brighter. The silky liquid is available in 15 shades.
37. Cover FX Cream Concealer
The cream concealer from Cover FX has full coverage and a satin matte finish. Some users apply it to cover up scars as well as other imperfections.
38. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mattifying Mousse Matte Foundation
Fair to medium-toned users with sensitive skin will find relief when they use the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mattifying Mousse. The mild formula is free of parabens, oils, and artificial fragrances. Moreover, it contains Retinyl linoleate to clear up breakouts and Airlicium to reduce shine. The only thing it lacks is a sunscreen.
39. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Color Correcting Concealer Pen
Be sure to choose the right color of Toleriane concealer as it comes in three shades for different purposes. While yellow brightens dark circles, the beige versions camouflage dark spots and redness.
40. Dermablend Blurring Mousse Camo Oil-Free Foundation Makeup with SPF 25
The Dermablend Blurring Mousse has mineral pigments that continue to absorb excess oil for up to 18 hours. The same pigments provide a physical sunblock against ultraviolet radiation. But the makeup feels very lightweight on the skin.
41. bliss Center of Attention Balancing Stick Foundation
The bliss stick foundation is a pigmented gel that mattifies your complexion to keep it looking fresh, not shiny. It’s buildable from medium to full coverage.
Having your makeup last all day becomes reality with the best foundations and concealers for combination skin. It’s our hope that these reviews simplified your shopping. Be sure to check out our articles about BB creams and face washes for combination skin, too.