Last Updated on
Combination skin may be the most common type on the planet. And yet finding makeup that suits it is hard. But we’ve researched the best BB creams for combination skin and reviewed them in this article. We hope it helps you sort out the competition to find the right match for your face.
Did you know that BB creams were invented in the 1960s in Germany? A dermatologist decided to find a way to help her patients who had undergone facial peels and surgery. The “beauty balm” that appeared combines several benefits in one product. That’s because most BB creams offer pigmented coverage like a foundation plus moisturizer and other skin rejuvenating effects. Many also include sunscreen.
- Best BB Creams for Combination Skin (2020 Update)
- 1. Marcelle BB Cream Matte
- 2. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow, Universal Shade, Hypoallergenic and Fragrance-Free
- 3. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur with SPF 20
- 4. Revlon PhotoReady BB Skin Cream Perfector
- 5. CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream
- 6. Dr. Jart Dis-a-Pore SPF 30 Beauty Balm
- 7. Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
- 8. Rimmel London BB Beauty Balm 9-in-1 Cream
- 9. MISSHA M Signature Real Complete BB Cream SPF25 PA++
- 10. Jolie Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer
- 11. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30
- 12. Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40
- 13. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
- 14. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++
- 15. Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisturizer
- 16. Borghese Summer Glow Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
- 17. Beauty by Earth Tinted Facial Sunscreen – DD Cream for Face SPF 20
- 18. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- 19. Origins GinZing SPF 40 Energy-Boosting Tinted Moisturizer
- 20. Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Skin Tint Spf 20
- 21. DRMTLGY Anti-Aging Tinted Face Moisturizer SPF 45
- 22. Estee Lauder Daywear BB Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme
- 23. Estee Lauder DayWear Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35
Best BB Creams for Combination Skin (2020 Update)
1. Marcelle BB Cream Matte
Marcelle’s Matte BB Cream manages shine all day long. But it doesn’t crease in fine lines or draw attention to dry cheekbones. Instead, the oil-free formula corrects skin tone with self-adjusting pigments for a flawless appearance.
2. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow, Universal Shade, Hypoallergenic and Fragrance-Free
Marcelle’s Golden Glow BB Cream adjusts to fair or medium skin tones. Even though it doesn’t contain sunscreen, it thwarts signs of premature aging with antioxidants. Alongside that, it revives the skin with chamomile and aloe. Also importantly, the formula is free of parabens, artificial fragrances, and oils.
3. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur with SPF 20
The Effaclar BB Blur from La Roche-Posay hides blemishes and large pores with a lightweight pigmented cream. It contains a mineral sunscreen that protects sensitive skin from irritation. Plus, the formula absorbs excess oil to reduce shine. In fact, you can combine this Effaclar product with others in the same lineup, specifically, the acne treatment cream.
4. Revlon PhotoReady BB Skin Cream Perfector
The Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream conceals flaws and evens skin tone. As a result, your face looks brighter and healthier. Plus, it’s available in six shades.
The medium, buildable coverage disguises dark circles under the eyes as well as acne scars. It’s basically a concealer for your entire face. But it also protects you with SPF 30 and protects against dryness like a moisturizer.
5. CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream
The Clean Matte BB Cream from CoverGirl has buildable coverage that lasts all day long. It starts nearly sheer but can be layered to disguise imperfections. Moreover, the gentle formula is safe for sensitive skin and won’t clog pores.
6. Dr. Jart Dis-a-Pore SPF 30 Beauty Balm
Dr. Jart is a popular brand in Asia. Their Dis-a-Pore Beauty Balm is a moisturizer, sunscreen, and lightweight foundation all-in-one. It contains both chemical and mineral sunscreens as well as natural extracts that nourish the skin.
In the formula, you’ll find ingredients like vitamin tree fruit and snow lotus that brighten the skin. Also, chamomile, lavender, and rosemary soothe and refresh your face.
7. Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
Garnier’s SkinActive BB cream is specifically made for oily and combination skin. Not only does it control shine, but it also minimizes pores and evens skin tone. Furthermore, it protects against sunburn with SPF 15 and provides 24-hour hydration.
This popular BB cream serves as a standalone makeup or as a primer underneath foundation. When Garnier surveyed users, they discovered that 88% reported a natural shine-free finish. That’s probably due to the mineral pigments that absorb excess oil. There’s also wild Berry, an antioxidant that protects against signs of aging.
8. Rimmel London BB Beauty Balm 9-in-1 Cream
Rimmel offers an all-purpose beauty balm that reduces excess shine throughout the day. While it protects against the sun with SPF15, it also evens skin color and minimizes the appearance of pores. Additionally, it disguises dark circles and blemishes and leaves your skin with a matte finish.
9. MISSHA M Signature Real Complete BB Cream SPF25 PA++
Korean manufacturer MISSHA make some of the most popular BB creams in Asia. The Signature Real Complete cream offers 12-hour coverage that stays put and looks natural. But the formula is surprisingly gentle given its durability.
It seems that MISSHA has thought of everything that a person might need. First, the moisturizing ingredients fight dryness but also prevent excess oil production. Meanwhile, amino acids and lipids restore youth and suppleness to the skin. Also importantly, there are no parabens, GMOs, or alcohols in this product.
10. Jolie Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer
If you like to look like you’re not wearing makeup, you need the Jolie Mineral Sheer Tint Moisturizer. The sheer coverage enhances your appearance but it protects against ultraviolet rays. In the meantime, ginseng and vitamins A and E, plus Ginkgo biloba prevent aging. Additionally, the moisturizer is available in seven tints.
11. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30
The Complexion Rescue Tinted Cream from bareMinerals fights oiliness by moisturizing your skin. The lightweight gel contains glycerin and squalane to provide intense hydration without increasing sebum production. Then, the silica and titanium dioxide keeps shine to a minimum. But you’ll still have dewy fresh buildable coverage that lasts all day long.
12. Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40
Supergoop! may have a silly name but they are serious about their products. The Daily Correct CC Cream provides a powerful mineral sunscreen to protect against damage from UV rays. Next, the lightweight coverage contains mica tubular the look of blemishes, pores, and lines. Then, Omega oils and apple extract actually correct hyperpigmentation over time (read more).
Users have commented that this beauty balm doesn’t transfer and it lasts all day long. They like how it feels lightweight and looks natural on the skin. Plus, the lack of harmful chemicals means it’s safe for sensitive skin.
13. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
The Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream from L’Oreal automatically adapts to fair and medium skin tones. Then the pigments correct uneven skin tone and redness. Not only does it make skin look flawless, but it prevents aging with antioxidants and moisturizers.
14. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++
MISSHA also makes the top-selling Perfect Cover BB cream. It regenerates the skin while it gives you an unblemished appearance for all-day wear. Plus, you can use it as a primer underneath a foundation. Or, to control severe oiliness, apply a primer to problem areas, then use the BB cream over the top.
15. Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisturizer
Jane Iredale’s Dream Tint Moisturizer offers several benefits to women in a hurry. First, it has a soft-focus effect that diminishes the appearance of large pores, uneven skin tone, and fine lines. Then, the SPF15 brought-spectrum sunscreen is water resistant up to 40 minutes. Or, if you don’t plan to go swimming or do outdoor sports, it protects against the sun all day long.
Next, the moisturizer hydrates and calms the skin. Plus, you can set it with powder to reduce shine for longer.
16. Borghese Summer Glow Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
The Summer Glow Tinted Moisturizer from Borghese is possibly the most lightweight option we discovered. Not only will it make your skin look radiant, but the mineral-based formula provides SPF 20 protection against the sun. Of course, it’s oil-free to keep shine to a minimum.
17. Beauty by Earth Tinted Facial Sunscreen – DD Cream for Face SPF 20
The Beauty by Earth DD cream is a tinted sunscreen and more. It provides full-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays with zinc oxide. Zinc oxide is the original mineral component of the first sunscreens, and it’s very effective without irritating the skin.
Better yet, the natural pigments don’t crease. Instead, they help manage shine and create even skin tone.
Customers who reviewed this cream appreciate that it contains organic aloe plus organic oils and vegetable extracts. It’s vegan and cruelty-free. Moreover, it’s safe for everyone in the family, even children. And it’s water-resistant for up to 80 minutes in case you go for a run or a swim.
18. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
NARS offers sunscreen, a healthy glow, and hydration with their Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. It’s been tested by dermatologists to be non-comedogenic. It’s also free of artificial fragrances to make it safer for sensitive skin.
19. Origins GinZing SPF 40 Energy-Boosting Tinted Moisturizer
Origins follows the typical BB cream philosophy with their GinZing tinted moisturizer. It perfects, protects, and hydrates. Furthermore, it revitalizes your face with Panax ginseng and coffee beans.
The sheer tint evens skin tone while the sunscreen protects against sunburn. And the lightweight cream avoids making your T-zone shiny.
20. Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Skin Tint Spf 20
The Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar is easier to manage if you have a little spatula to scoop it out. This gel-like formula hydrates your skin without clogging your pores. The minerals brighten your skin tone and keep it healthy. Plus, the formula provides a lightweight sunscreen and a little moisturization.
21. DRMTLGY Anti-Aging Tinted Face Moisturizer SPF 45
DRMTLGY may have left out the vowels from their brand name, but they included all the essentials in their tinted moisturizer. It contains sunscreen, sheer coverage foundation, and one long-term advantage. That advantage is that, with regular use, the moisturizer minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. And you’ll have plenty of time to test the claim because they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee.
22. Estee Lauder Daywear BB Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme
Estee Lauder Daywear cream is suitable for all skin types. The SPF 35 formula present in the cream evens your skin tone and protects against damaging rays. Estee creams comes only in one shade i.e. light shade. You can apply BB cream evenly on your face once and it works the whole day.
Estee Lauder Daywear BB Anti-Oxidant cream absorbs into the skin quickly and feels light. It also softens the appearance of flaws. This is a unisex cream and can be used by both men and women.
23. Estee Lauder DayWear Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35
Estée Lauder is a go-to brand for many women. Their DayWear Beauty Benefit Cream doesn’t disappoint, either. Not only does it provide medium coverage to disguise sun spots and dark circles, but it also refreshes dry spots and makes skin look radiant overall.
Having combination skin doesn’t mean you need two different tinted moisturizers for your face. Instead, try one of the best BB creams for combination skin. Then you’ll find that it’s easy to manage shine in your T-zone while your cheeks stay hydrated and fresh. Moreover, many of our top picks include sunscreen and other ingredients to protect and nourish your skin.