If you suffer from dark spots on the skin (hyperpigmentation), sometimes it can feel like everyone is looking at them. Luckily they aren’t dangerous, but they can be a bother in public. Especially when they occur on the face and neck.
Hyperpigmentation, the medical name given to these dark patches, occurs when there is an excess of melanin in the skin. This can be caused by various factors including over-exposure to the sun, pregnancy, Addison’s disease, having a particular skin type prone to some types of hyperpigmentation like melasma, as well as occurring during the skin’s healing process from inflammation such as acne or burns.
If you suffer with hyperpigmentation, you are not alone. This is a super common problem that can happen to anyone and any skin type. As such, there are a range of products out there that can lighten skin and help reduce the effects. We have searched the market to find the top contenders for you to choose from. Time to get you feeling 100% confident in your skin.
- Best Skin Lightening Cream for Hyperpigmentation (2021 Reviews)
- 1. Admire My Skin 2% Hydroquinone Hyperpigmentation Corrector For Face & Melasma Treatment, 1Oz
- 2. Olay Hyerpigmentation Corrector Serum for Even Skin Tone with Vitamin B3 & Sea Kelp Extract, 1.3 Fl Oz
- 3. AsaVea Hyperpigmentation Whitening Cream with Collagen
- 4. Melina Organics Bleaching Cream – Hyperpigmentation Remover for Body & Skin Lightener
- 5. NxN Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid Anti Aging Serum Set for Hyperpigmentation
- 6. Divine Derriere Hyperpigmentation Intimate Skin Lightening Gel for Body, Face, Bikini and Sensitive Areas
- 7. Bellezon Hyperpigmentation Whitening Cream
- 8. Lariolla Whitening Cream – Advanced Skin Bleaching Cream- Melasma & Hyperpigmentation Treatment – 50 ML
- 9. AsaVea Lightening Cream for Hyperpigmentation Whitens, Nourishes, Repairs & Restores Skin
- 10. Skin Beauty Pro Strength Skin Lightening Serum – Skin Bleaching, Hyperpigmentation, Melasma, Acne Spot (2 oz / 60 ml)
- Things to consider when buying a skin lightening cream for Hyperpigmentation
- Related Articles
- Popular Articles
Best Skin Lightening Cream for Hyperpigmentation (2021 Reviews)
1. Admire My Skin 2% Hydroquinone Hyperpigmentation Corrector For Face & Melasma Treatment, 1Oz
For an intense product that really works, try the Hydroquinone Dark Spot Corrector that is packed with more active ingredients than many skin lightening creams.
With 2% Hydroquinone as well as other active products, this corrector works by peeling away the dark patches, revealing the lighter, fresher and more even skin underneath. This is the highest concentration of Hydroquinone allowed without a prescription and is therefore considered to be one of the most effective on the market.
Just be careful if you have very sensitive skin. This product works to improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation and melasma, as well as reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
This product can be easily added into your beauty regime and should be used once or twice daily. You should start seeing results in 4 weeks although after every 60 days of use, you should give your skin a 30 day break from the product. So if you are sick of melasma and hyperpigmentation on the face and want a strong product to combat it, this could be the answer.
- Hydroquinone (2%)
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Lactic Acid
- Azelaic Acid
- Kojic Acid
- Vitamin C
- Potent strength peels and reduce discoloration
- See results within 4 weeks
- Highest concentration of Hydroquinone without prescription
- Some people may get mild irritation from the product
2. Olay Hyerpigmentation Corrector Serum for Even Skin Tone with Vitamin B3 & Sea Kelp Extract, 1.3 Fl Oz
Dark spots be gone! The Olay professional skin lightening spot corrector treatment works to fade discoloration, even your skin tone and hydrate the skin. It doesn’t matter what has caused your hyperpigmentation, UV exposure, surface free radicals, lack of hydration or something else, this product is especially designed to tackle it.
The product includes exfoliants to remove dead skin cells and dirt and increase circulation. This will reduce dullness and give skin a brighter, healthier look. The concentrated formula penetrates the skin’s surface to target dark spots, making them lighter in appearance and preventing them in the future. This product also moisturizes and rejuvenates meaning your skin comes out with an all over healthy glow after use.
This product was dermatologist developed. It should be applied to problem areas up to twice a day to see the best results.
- Laminaria Saccharina Extract
- Effectively reduces appearance of dark spots
- Hydrates and rejuvenates
- Can be used daily
- Can cause redness on some sensitive skin types
Check also other serums.
3. AsaVea Hyperpigmentation Whitening Cream with Collagen
This all in one whitening cream can be used anywhere on the body and is especially designed for use on intimate parts including underarms, neck, elbows and knees. The AsaVea cream whitens dark areas and can be effective on darker, hyperpigmented patches. This formula is not too harsh and uses safe ingredients. It also includes many natural enriching ingredients to moisturize and nourish the skin which leaves you looking healthy and luminous.
For best results just massage the cream into the skin after showering. Once it has been left to sink in for 10 to 15 minutes, massage again for 30 seconds. Make sure to use SPF on treated skin after using this product. The gentle formulation can be applied anywhere including delicate areas.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Bamboo Charcoal
- Effective skin light cream
- Gentle formulation which can be used even in sensitive areas
- Safe ingredient list
- Can leave a white film on skin if not rubbed in sufficiently
4. Melina Organics Bleaching Cream – Hyperpigmentation Remover for Body & Skin Lightener
With a whopping 25% bleaching concentrate this is one of the best whitening creams out there for skin brightening and combating hyperpigmentation. If you have dark spots, sun spots, brown spots or melasma this cream will tackle them head on using the strong but natural Alpha Arbutin, which is a natural form of Hydroquinone.
This is a gel product with a super lightweight texture that absorbs quickly. It includes a range of plant-based compounds that help to moisturize and revitalise your complexion. Arbutin, Aloe Vera, Licorice, Citric Acid, and Lemon Essential Oil lighten and nourish at the same time. This bleaching skin cream is especially designed to be used in intimate areas.
- Aloe Vera
- Citric Acid
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Alpha Arbutin
- Hyaluronic Acid
- 25% active bleaching agent for lightening dark patches
- Ingredients to soften and moisturize
- Lightweight gel consistency
- Some people complained the smell was quite strong
5. NxN Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid Anti Aging Serum Set for Hyperpigmentation
If you feel like you have had your share of fine line wrinkles and want to reduce them at the same time as reducing the appearance of dark spots, look no further than the NxN Serum Set. You get two amazing products that work together and share the same goal, to rejuvenate your skin.
The NxN Hydra Power 4D HA Hydration Serum uses the power of strong-antioxidants to lighten the appearance of dark patches and smooth an uneven skin tone. Then the NxN C-Change Vitamin C Glow Serum uses BV-OSC Vitamin C to promote the production of collagen in the skin.
This type of Vitamin C is said to be the most effective for collagen encouragement and is known to have longer-lasting effects than L-Ascorbic Acid. The Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and plumps the skin, combating sings of premature aging.
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate
- Neossance Squalane
- BV-OSC Vitamin C
- 2 products that effectively work together
- Lightens appearance of dark spots
- Hydrates and combats signs of aging
- Some people found the formulation too oily
6. Divine Derriere Hyperpigmentation Intimate Skin Lightening Gel for Body, Face, Bikini and Sensitive Areas
If tanning, hormones or hair removal have caused discoloration on your face or body, the Divine Derriere Intimate Lightening Gel can help. It uses many natural ingredients, lots of which are derived from plants, to enhance your skin and give you a luminous appearance.
Say goodbye to dullness with mix of the B-white whitening peptide and natural plant-based substances such as Kojic Acid which is derived from Japanese mushrooms, and Lactic Acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that naturally occurs during milk fermentation.
This product is effective at tackling hyperpigmentation and is gentle enough to be used in intimate areas such as face, hands, chest, elbows, underarms, nipples, and even vagina, penis and anal area. So if you would like to rejuevenate and brighten… down there, this could be a more comfortable option than sitting embarrassed in the spa!
- Mulberry Extract
- Licorice Extract
- B-White Peptide
- Kojic Acid
- Lactic Acid
- B-white peptide and effective plant-based ingredients work to whiten and enhance
- Can be used in all your intimate areas!
- Gentle consistency for daily use
- The bottle is quite small so you might use it up fairly quickly
7. Bellezon Hyperpigmentation Whitening Cream
If you are looking for a product to reduce hyperpigmentation that is best for all skin types, the Bellezon cream is a great all-rounder with a 25% brightening concentrate that can be added into anyone’s skin care or beauty regime.
The product includes a variety of different substances from fruit extracts, active natural ingredients to antioxidants. They work together to both lighten, make brighter, as well as soften, calm and hydrate as well!
The cream is designed to be gentle on delicate areas and for those who are very sensitive. That means you can use it on your face and body down to your bikini line or genital area. It doesn’t include harsh chemicals, perfumes or dyes and is paraben free!
- Aloe Vera
- Kojic Acid
- Mandelic Acid
- Effective lightening with 25% brightening concentrate
- Best for all skin types
- Gentle formulation for sensitive skin and intimate areas
- Using this product can make you more sensitive to the sun, make sure to use a good sunscreen
8. Lariolla Whitening Cream – Advanced Skin Bleaching Cream- Melasma & Hyperpigmentation Treatment – 50 ML
Want to reduce excess pigment safely and effectively without breaking the bank? This USA-made product by Lariolla has no nasty chemicals. It works to make dark areas lighter and more radiant and is affordable to boot.
Do you have blotchy patches, discoloration, sun spots or acne scars? Apply this cream to problem areas to even out your skin tone. It has high quality ingredients and natural extracts that hydrate and moisturize and nourish. This beauty product is one of the best for encouraging radiance and brightening.
- Bearberry Extract
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Cucumber Oil
- Orange Essential Oil
- Safe and reliable bleaching
- Light-weight, non-sticky formula
- Can sting if comes into contact with eyes
9. AsaVea Lightening Cream for Hyperpigmentation Whitens, Nourishes, Repairs & Restores Skin
If you are looking for skin lightening creams that can be used after makeup or hair removal, look no further than this lightening cream by AsaVea. If you need to even the transition between face and neck after makeup, this cream is perfect. It also reduces the size of pores which is helpful after removing hair.
The cream is an active natural whitener using Vitamin C and Collagen to lighten and smooth pigmented patches. Apply it to affected areas to dilute the melanin concentration. The product is also designed to deeply moisturize dry skin.
- Vitamin C
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Dilutes melanin to lighten darker areas of skin
- Can be used in intimate areas
- Reduces size of pores and tightens
- The smell is not everyone’s favorite!
10. Skin Beauty Pro Strength Skin Lightening Serum – Skin Bleaching, Hyperpigmentation, Melasma, Acne Spot (2 oz / 60 ml)
If you have tried your share of creams and want a straightforward, strong product with no fuss, this Lightening Serum could be perfect. It tackles dark patches of skin caused by hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne spots, and even scars.
It uses a blend of Kojic Acid and Alpha-Arbutin to lighten dark areas. It also includes Vitamin C to nourish. Just massage an even layer in to your problem areas and let it do its magic. This cream is also an affordable option compared to many on the market.
- Vitamin C
- Kojic Acid
- Strong formula to tackle hyperpigmentation and dark spots and freckles
- Good for people on a budget
- Reduces oil on skin’s surface
- Skin can be sensitive after use, so make sure to use SPF
Things to consider when buying a skin lightening cream for Hyperpigmentation
1. Which cream is best for hyperpigmentation?
There are a variety of creams on the market that work to reduce the effects of hyperpigmentation. Look out for products with active ingredients such as Hydroquinone (1), Kojic acid, Vitamin E or C, Azelaic Acid, Arbutin, Niacinamide, Licorice Extract.
2. What is the best treatment for hyperpigmentation?
The most effective at home treatments are the array of skin lightening creams on the market that dilute the excess melanin (2). Hydroquinone or Retinol (Vitamin A) products are known to work well. If you want a more extreme treatment you can also get Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment or Q-switched lasers.
3. How can I get rid of dark pigmentation?
Reduce dark pigmentation at home with exfoliation and a cream or serum specifically designed to reduce hyperpigmentation, see products listed above. Make sure to use these in conjunction with SPF as they can make your skin extra sensitive.
4. How long does it take for hyperpigmentation to fade?
If your hyperpigmentation is caused by acne inflammation it may lighten on its own in a few months. If it is due to a hormonal imbalance or some other reason you may need to use a cream or treatment can take around three or four weeks to see the effects. You can also speed up the skin’s natural exfoliation process, which usually takes a month, by exfoliating regularly.
No need to stress about your hyperpigmentation any more. Choose from the array of creams and treatments and say hello to your skin’s brand new light and even glow. Make sure to consult your dermatologist for advice with the use of any products.
Related ArticlesView All Posts
Hyperpigmentation may be harmless, but it doesn’t mean it's pretty. Hyperpigmentation causes dark patches of skin on the body, anywhere from the face to the arms or legs. It is caused by an excess of melanoma in the skin and[...]
A lot of things can discolor your skin: age spots, melasma during pregnancy, and sun damage, for example. But the best face masks for hyperpigmentation fade discoloration. They may also offer anti-aging benefits like firmer skin and deep hydration. While[...]
Hyperpigmentation affects most people at one time or another. It doesn’t matter if you have light or dark skin tone. Acne scars, sun damage, and melasma are common afflictions. But you can fade or erase the discoloration with one of[...]
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
How do you know which are the best essential oil brands for your money? After all, this is an industry that isn’t regulated by the FDA. Oil quality can vary based on the distillation process of each company. Does the[...]
If you suffer from dark spots on the skin (hyperpigmentation), sometimes it can feel like everyone is looking at them. Luckily they aren’t dangerous, but they can be a bother in public. Especially when they occur on the face and[...]
You’ve enjoyed your dip powder nails for a few weeks now, but the time has come to remove them. Lucky for you, you don’t have to visit a salon to take off your manicure. You can remove SNS nails at[...]
Fine hair refers to the thickness of your individual hair strands. If you have fine hair, I'm sure you go through ups and downs with it. On some days you probably rejoice in the fact that it is easy and[...]
Blackheads. Pesky little black-tipped spots that lurk in the pores of your nose. However rigorous your daily cleansing routine, blackheads can start feeling like that annoying friend that just keeps hanging around. Unfortunately, blackheads are one of the most common[...]
Do you wish you had a magic eraser for your face? Those laugh lines and dark spots are proof that you have a lot of stories to tell. But if you’d rather keep your age a secret, then a foundation[...]
Acne-prone skin deserves tender loving care. It needs to be hydrated just like the rest of your body. While creamy, thick oils are out of the question, there are still plenty of moisture-boosting options. The best night creams for acne-prone[...]
Battling with bad skin and breakouts? Does greasy skin leave you pimple-prone? If so, salicylic acid might just be your new best friend. And your spot's worst enemy. Many people struggle with spots, pocks, and persistent skin trouble. These can[...]
If you get an oily scalp like me, you will probably marvel at those people that can wait five days between hair washes. While, let’s face it, us oily-scalpers are every-other-day-hairwash people at best. And an oily scalp often means[...]