Last Updated on
Guys who hate putting on lotion need to try one of the best men’s body washes for dry skin. Because with one of these soaps, taking a shower solves two problems at once.
There are a wide variety of shower gels for men. Not all of them heal dry skin. We researched to find the ones that do. Check out the reviews below to find a solution that softens rough, chapped skin.
- Best Men’s Body Washes for Dry Skin in 2020
- 1. Gillette Body Hydrator Body Wash, Dry Skin Relief
- 2. Old Spice Hardest Working Smoother Swagger Hydro Body Wash for Men
- 3. JACK BLACK Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser Hair and Body
- 4. Irish Spring Body Wash, Moisture Blast
- 5. NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
- 6. Mario Badescu Azulene Body Soap
- 7. Bioderma Atoderm Shower Gel
- 8. Bioderma Atoderm Shower Oil
- 9. MenScience Androceuticals Daily Body Wash
- 10. L’Occitane Shea Body Shower Oil with 10% Shea Oil
- 11. Olivina Men All In One Wash
- 12. All-in-One Shower Wash for Men by Rocky Mountain Barber Company
- 13. Every Man Jack Body Wash and Shower Gel Cedarwood
- 14. Gentlemen’s Reserve Men’s (Woods Scent) Organic Wash
- 15. Dove Fragrance-Free Body Wash, for Dry Skin
- 16. Cetaphil Marigold Extract Ultra Gentle Soothing Body Wash
- 17. Curél Itch Defense Body Wash
- 18. CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash
- 19. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash with Oat
- 20. Eucerin Skin Calming Dry Skin Body Wash Oil, Fragrance-Free
- 21. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel, Citrus & Sea Salt
- 22. ArtNaturals Men’s Natural Body Wash
- 23. Organic Men’s Face & Body Wash by Era Organics
- Popular Articles
Best Men’s Body Washes for Dry Skin in 2020
1. Gillette Body Hydrator Body Wash, Dry Skin Relief
Gillette’s Body Hydrator makes your skin smoother after only one use. But keep using it because, after four days, the effect multiplies. At that point, your skin stays moisturized for a full day after each shower. Users say it removes grease and grime well, too.
2. Old Spice Hardest Working Smoother Swagger Hydro Body Wash for Men
Old Spice’s Hydro Body Wash smells tasty and lathers up a lot. It kills odors dead while it softens your skin. Like the Gillette product above, both rely on petrolatum, a time-tested emollient, to resolve dryness.
3. JACK BLACK Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser Hair and Body
Energize your day with Jack Black’s Turbo Wash. It has a fresh aroma that actually opens up nasal passages. It also kills bacteria naturally, making it handy for after a workout. The secret ingredients include eucalyptus and rosemary, along with arnica to minimize muscle pain.
Wait, did we mention that it’s also a shampoo, not just a body wash? It takes care of both hair and skin with moisturizers like shea butter and coconut-derived surfactant.
4. Irish Spring Body Wash, Moisture Blast
You can be “clean as a whistle” and not end up itchy after your bath. Use the Moisture Blast version of Irish Spring. It neutralizes odors for 24 hours and conditions your skin as well.
5. NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
It’s not your fault if you have sensitive skin. But it can be a real pain to find a soap that doesn’t make it worse. Nivea’s alcohol-free body wash doesn’t have dyes, either. It does have a mild fragrance, though. If that’s something you want to avoid, scroll down further to see other options.
Customers comment that this product cleans well and leaves their skin soft. It even seems to be suitable for people with eczema.
6. Mario Badescu Azulene Body Soap
Mario Badescu’s body soap combines American know-how with European style. It features mineral-rich seawater with chamomile to soothe and cure dry winter skin. Some users have said that it has a medicinal scent.
7. Bioderma Atoderm Shower Gel
The Atoderm shower gel makes dry skin stop feeling so tight as soon as you use it. It has a clean fragrance that lasts after the bath is over. And people who have washed their face with it say it doesn’t sting their eyes.
8. Bioderma Atoderm Shower Oil
If you’re dealing with chapped skin, the Bioderma Shower Oil might be the solution you seek. It’s packed with vegetal biolipids that rebuild the skin’s natural barrier against moisture loss and infection. It even prevents staph bacteria from binding to the surface. This might come in handy after exercising at the gym.
Also, the formula is free of preservatives, parabens, dyes, and alkaline soap. It’s hypoallergenic and won’t contribute to body acne which you can read about here.
9. MenScience Androceuticals Daily Body Wash
The MenScience Androceuticals body wash contains salicylic and glycolic acids to cleanse pores and remove dead dry skin. As a result, your body feels super soft and smooth. There are no artificial dyes or fragrances, but some users wish it smelled a little less like chemicals.
10. L’Occitane Shea Body Shower Oil with 10% Shea Oil
Pamper your body with L’Occitane’s Shea Body Shower Oil. Yes, it leaves a protective film on your skin. But that’s going to make it feel more supple and less itchy. You can say goodbye to that flakiness you hate. Plus, the fragrance is a classic powder clean scent.
11. Olivina Men All In One Wash
Olivina’s All-in-One wash cleanses your hair and body. It smells like freshly-cut cedar and vanilla even though the scent doesn’t seem to last long for some people.
12. All-in-One Shower Wash for Men by Rocky Mountain Barber Company
Get the most for your money and save space in the shower with this one bottle. The Rocky Mountain Barber Company makes this wash for your hair, beard, and body. It conditions everything with aloe leaf juice. And the delicious cedar spice scent comes from natural essential oils, not synthetic perfumes.
Instead of irritating chemicals like SLS (sulfates) and parabens, the formula is based on natural ingredients. It contains orange, patchouli, and cinnamon leaf oils along with glycerin to keep your body hydrated.
13. Every Man Jack Body Wash and Shower Gel Cedarwood
The body washes and shampoos that dry out your skin and hair usually have sodium laureth sulfate as their primary ingredient. But the Every Man Jack shower gel begins with water as its base, then includes mild surfactants like sodium coco-sulfate. It also has glycerin, clary sage, and rosemary. Together, these components cleanse your skin and leave it baby soft and fresh. Moreover, there are no phthalates, dyes, or parabens to worry about. The company even gets their products certified by PETA.
14. Gentlemen’s Reserve Men’s (Woods Scent) Organic Wash
Gentlemen’s Reserve once you to wash your skin and hair with this one product. It’s loaded with natural ingredients like pine, olive, and jojoba oils, aloe, rosemary, cedarwood, and lemon verbena. But you might be asking, can this actually do a good job? Customers say yes, it lathers well, smells fantastic, and moisturizes their hair, beard, and skin. It doesn’t leave a residue, either.
15. Dove Fragrance-Free Body Wash, for Dry Skin
Now let’s jump to a body wash made for sensitive skin. This one from Dove’s DermaSeries leaves out perfumes, soaps, and harsh surfactants. It uses lipids, plant oils, and mild cleansers to avoid aggravating conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
16. Cetaphil Marigold Extract Ultra Gentle Soothing Body Wash
Cetaphil makes more than one body wash. We selected this one as it’s made specifically for soothing dry, itchy skin. It has a mild fragrance that isn’t a manly scent so anyone in the family can enjoy it. Users say that the marigold extract helps clear up their body acne.
17. Curél Itch Defense Body Wash
Some people say this is about as close as you can get to putting on lotion. The Curél Itch Defense body wash can even make eczema-prone skin feel better. It hydrates with olive and jojoba oils plus glycerin.
18. CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash
CeraVe’s body wash has a seal of approval from the National Eczema Association. Not only is it free of harsh sulfates, fragrances, and parabens, but it also lacks actual soap. Soap is an alkaline component that can upset the pH balance of your skin and cause extra dryness.
This formula provides hyaluronic acid to help moisture penetrate into your skin. Then it has emollients to seal in the hydration and ceramides to strengthen the skin’s natural barrier.
19. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash with Oat
Aveeno takes the traditional home remedy of soaking in oatmeal to a new level. Their body wash relies on oat kernel flour and other natural extracts to soothe itching and soften the skin. If you were to apply their Skin Relief Lotion after bathing with this product, the hydration would last up to 24 hours.
20. Eucerin Skin Calming Dry Skin Body Wash Oil, Fragrance-Free
Eucerin’s body wash oil also contains oatmeal to relieve itching. Plus, menthol makes it feel cool and fresh when you lather it on. Interestingly, the two main ingredients are soybean and castor seed oil.
21. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel, Citrus & Sea Salt
Anyone in the family can enjoy Puracy’s Natural shower gel. It has a mild fresh and clean fragrance from natural extracts. Additionally, it’s backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The coconut-based surfactants wash away grime and leave your skin smooth and soft.
22. ArtNaturals Men’s Natural Body Wash
ArtNaturals’ Men’s body wash has a rich aroma of sandalwood. It uses aloe, glycerin, cocoa butter, and vitamins to repair chapped skin. Since it’s made from botanical ingredients, it’s cruelty-free and lacks all the usual irritants. You can try it risk-free due to their satisfaction guarantee.
23. Organic Men’s Face & Body Wash by Era Organics
Era Organics tossed in everything but the kitchen sink to create this powerful face and body wash. Best of all, the majority of the components are USDA-certified organic. You’ll benefit from real, not synthetic, ingredients like chamomile, shea butter, coconut oil, rosemary and more. This formula preps your skin for shaving and keeps it soft after bathing. It also clears up acne and prevents ingrown hairs.
Related: Best men’s face creams reviewed
Don’t put up with dry skin when the solution is so easy. Choose one of the top men’s body washes for dry skin. Then enjoy smoother, more supple skin after each shower.
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
Nothing beats a nice warm long shower after a long busy day, right? You just can’t wait to lather that good-smelling shampoo all over your greasy hair and end the day feeling clean and refreshed. However, did you know that[...]
Anti-aging creams help erase lines, wrinkles, and spots caused on the face by aging. These types of creams come for both men and women. Along with body washes for men, there are many anti-aging products on the market that are[...]
Most of us don’t read the ingredients when we shop for bath soap. Instead, we pop the top on the bottle and take a sniff. That’s human nature. We want to use products that smell good. But fragrance is a[...]