Nothing beats a nice warm long shower after a long busy day, right? You just can’t wait to lather that good-smelling shampoo all over your greasy hair and end the day feeling clean and refreshed. However, did you know that shampooing hair daily can do more harm than good? It scrapes off the natural oil secreted by the scalp, which keep your hair nourished. It is recommended that you wash your hair at least three times a week in order to get rid of the dust and pollution that hair is exposed to and to keep your scalp healthy. Oils and sweat make hair look greasy and weighed down. Washed hair is lighter and has a natural bounce to it which makes your hair appear voluminous.
Among all the grooming products made for men, shampoo ranks the highest. So, we’ve have shortlisted the top shampoos for men. Let’s go through how each of the shampoo can work for you.
- The Top 7 Shampoos for Men
- RevivaHair Shampoo from PureBiology Review
- VANTAGGIO Hair Growth Shampoo Review
- KICK Men’s Shampoo – Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Shampoo Review
- Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth and Volume Review
- Challenger Tea Tree Shampoo & Awesome Conditioner Review
- PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Deep Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner Set Review
- MenFirst’s Gradual Gray Review
- Top Benefits of Using a Men’s Shampoo
- How to select a shampoo that will work best for you?
The Top 7 Shampoos for Men
RevivaHair Shampoo from PureBiology Review
With exposure to so much dust and pollution, hair problems like dullness of hair, hair breakage, hair fall and thinning of hair are becoming increasingly common. If you are facing similar problems, RevivaHair shampoo is the answer to your hair woes. Enriched with Keratin, Biotin, Vitamin E, Vitamin B, green tea extracts, saw palmetto, Coconut Oil,C astor Oil, and more, RevivaHair helps stimulate hair growth and also prevents hair breakage and loss.
Essential acids and natural vitamins present in coconut oil help nourish your scalp and remove build-up of sebum from the hair follicles and promote hair growth. Green tea extracts and saw palmetto prevent DHT (dihydrotestosterone) to promote the regrowth of hair. Amino Kera NPNF which is a combination of amino acids derived from Keratin, ensure deeper penetration in the hair fibers. PureBiology uses this ingredient instead of other keratin products, due to its ability to pull moisture to the areas where it is needed most. This ingredient also provides the hair with strength as it is a source of cysteine. When your hair is strong it provides good resistance against breakage.
Procapil, an ingredient in the shampoo, targets follicle atrophy, follicle aging and poor scalp micro-circulation which are known to be the leading causes of alopecia. PureBiology has discovered the groundbreaking combination to rejuvenate and fortify hair follicles to prevent hair loss.
- RevivaHair shampoo is specially formulated to help reduce hair fall.
- This shampoos is a great combination of natural ingredients.
- Helps stimulate hair growth and makes hair look glossy and voluminous.
- This shampoo is packaged in a pump bottle. Some users said that the pump gets stuck and doesn’t work.
VANTAGGIO Hair Growth Shampoo Review
Hair is called the crowning glory of a person for a reason. Well maintained and properly groomed hair looks great and can work wonders for your confidence. Hair breakage and hair loss can take a toll on one’s self-esteem. VANTAGGIO & Co. hair growth shampoo has exactly this idea in mind. This is why they have formulated a shampoo that contains Procapil.
Procapil is a blend of powerful ingredients such as ginseng, ginger, rosemary, castor oil, peppermint oil, Dead Sea salt and aloe vera. VANTAGGIO & Co. hair growth shampoo boosts the growth of new hair by up to 121% and stops hair fall by up to 46%. This shampoo offers great results without causing any side effects. Enriched with natural ingredients, this shampoo not only smells great but also makes good lather.
Once you have washed your hair with this shampoo, your hair and scalp will feel noticeably cleaner. VANTAGGIO & Co. hair growth shampoo makes your hair stronger, healthier and fuller. Since the ingredients used in this shampoo are natural, this shampoo is not harsh. This makes it suitable for men of all ages and also for those with a delicate and sensitive skin.
- Made with revolutionary patent – Procapil.
- Shows visible results with correct usage.
- Makes hair stronger, healthier and fuller.
- Takes 6 months to show results
KICK Men’s Shampoo – Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Shampoo Review
There are numerous reasons why you could have an itchy scalp. Itchy scalp can be caused due to dandruff, changes in the hormonal balance, seasonal changes, etc. To soothe an itchy scalp, KICK has formulated a shampoo from tea tree oil and active peppermint. Made with ultra-potent ingredients such as rosemary, eucalyptus, aloe vera, tea tree oil, peppermint, etc. this shampoo helps restore optimal scalp and hair health.
Irritating surfactants tend to cause dryness of skin that leads to itchiness on the scalp. They also cause flakiness and dandruff, which can often result in hair loss. KICK men’s shampoo is free from parabens, SLS/sulfates and other harsh chemicals. Since natural and botanical ingredients are used to formulate this shampoo, you can rest assured this grooming product is absolutely irritant-free. This shampoo is also color safe and cruelty-free.
Besides effectively soothing an itchy scalp, KICK men’s shampoo is great for managing frizzy and dry hair. The refreshing smell and cooling tingle of peppermint will leave you feeling fresh all day long after washing your hair.
- Made with botanical ingredients, this shampoo is gentle and irritant free.
- Provides relief from an itchy scalp.
- Doesn’t leave hair feeling dry after use.
- The smell of peppermint can be a bit overbearing for some users.
Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth and Volume Review
Hair damage, hair breakage and hair loss can happen due to a variety of reasons such as exposure to harsh sun, accumulation of dust, sweat and natural oils from the scalp, poor hair hygiene, etc. To fight hair loss, Biotin shampoo has been formulated with natural oils and vitamins that strengthen the hair fibers as well as stimulate hair follicles.
Biotin shampoo reinvigorates limp and dull hair to look fuller and thicker. It also promotes new hair growth and adds more body to wavy hair and curly hair. Free of sulfate parabens and silicone, the formula of this shampoo is very gentle. The shampoo is enriched with ingredients like tea tree oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil, argan oil, evening primrose oil, keratin, pro-vitamin b5, etc. Biotin B complex formula repairs damaged hair, reduces hair fall and boosts the density of hair. This shampoo also contains hair moisturizers that are rich in antioxidants. These moisturizers protect elasticity and collagen to prevent hair breakage.
Besides fighting hair loss, Biotin shampoo is an effective dandruff shampoo for men as it also helps get rid of dandruff effectively. The gentle formula works just as well for dry hair as it does for oily hair. Those with a sensitive scalp can use this shampoo without worrying about getting an allergy or developing a rash. It is also safe to use for color treated hair.
- Promotes growth of new hair and revitalizes dull hair.
- With 96% natural ingredients, the formula is gentle enough even for people with a sensitive scalp.
- 16 oz. bottle is economic and lasts for many weeks before running out.
- Some users felt that though they saw a visible difference in new hair growth, they didn’t find their hair getting a bouncy lift as claimed by the makers.
Challenger Tea Tree Shampoo & Awesome Conditioner Review
Hair experts and leading dermatologists recommend that you need not cleanse your hair with a shampoo every single day. Three times a week will suffice. Therefore, when you do wash your hair you may as well do it with an excellent shampoo and an awesome conditioner. Tea tree shampoo and conditioner from Challenger will leave your hair feeling clean and soft and nourished.
Challenger tea tree shampoo is made with hair hydrating ingredients like peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus, vanilla, etc. This is great for repairing hair damage. Arganoil,Keratin, Biotin,Vitamin C, Vitamin D, hydrolyzed rice protein help build hair follicles, improve the scalp health and also thicken the hair. With hydrating ingredients, such as olive oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, shea butter and hydrolyzed Keratin, Challenger Awesome conditioner helps restore moisture, elasticity, softness and glossiness to your hair.
Neither are the tea tree shampoo nor the conditioner are watered down. Both have a thick consistency. Which means you just need a little bit of the shampoo to work up a nice and foamy lather to cleanse your hair. The shampoo is sulfate free. The conditioner is gentle and also cruelty free.
- A conditioner is included in the price of the shampoo which means you don’t need to purchase a separate one. Savings!
- Due to the thick consistency, very little shampoo is required. The shampoo lasts for many hair washes. Savings again!
- Strengthens hair and leaves them feeling soft and clean.
- A few users said that they felt they were smelling like an ice cream/candy all day long due to the smell of vanilla in the shampoo and conditioner.
PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Deep Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner Set Review
PURA D’OR is committed towards providing effective solutions for personal care and beauty problems. Their products are environmental friendly. Every formula is made with natural, exotic ingredients which are sourced from various parts of the world and premium oils. PURA D’OR products are made in Southern California using renewable energy as well as recyclable packaging.
PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo was previously known as Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo. Besides the name of the shampoo, nothing else has changed. It is the same great quality product. PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo is plant-based, vegan, gluten free and cruelty free. It is free of harsh chemicals, SLS/sulfate and parabens.
Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo from PURA D’OR is formulated with 17 key active ingredients. These ingredients help tackle the causes of thinning hair, improve hair health and also prevent further shedding or thinning. This shampoo is enriched with a blend of quality ingredients such as Biotin, Vitamin E, black cumin seed oil, pumpkin seed, tea tree, saw palmetto argan oil and nettle extract.
Hair looks great when it is one’s crowning glory, not so great on the hairbrush or the drain. Using PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo daily for eight weeks can show a visible difference in the hair health and hair fall rate. Also, it is a shampoo and conditioner set. Washing hair with the shampoo followed by using a conditioner yields better results than using the shampoo alone.
- PURA D’OR is a trusted name in the personal care and beauty industry. Known for delivering great quality products time after time. It comes as no surprise that their Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo is so effective.
- Formulated with 17 key active ingredients, this shampoo removes the cause of thinning hair.
- Comes as a shampoo and conditioner set so you don’t have to go looking for a conditioner that is as good as your shampoo.
- Some users found the price of the shampoo and conditioner set too high.
MenFirst’s Gradual Gray Review
While there is nothing wrong with rocking a salt and pepper look on your hair, it is fairly understandable when some choose to have a darker shade of hair. Premature greying can impact a person’s confidence. As a general perception, greying hair is associated with aging. Therefore premature greying can close the door on many valuable opportunities. Those who do have a greying mane due to age may want to maintain a younger look as it makes them feel good.
Whatever the reason for wanting a darker hair color, you must always ensure that it is achieved through a safe medium. Dyeing your hair in a darker shade only means exposing your hair to chemicals and irritants. The chemical in the dyes can not only cause breakage of the hair shaft and damage the hair follicles but can also cause and allergy or give you a severe rash on the scalp.
Gradual Gray shampoo from MenFirst is a dermatologist tested shampoo that can gradually darken only the strands of gray hair or white hair. The shampoo is based on MenFirst’s proprietary Gray Spot Technology that identifies and targets only the grey and white hair. The process of coverage though gradual is steady.
Washing your hair daily with Gradual Gray shampoo will definitely help darken your hair, but as the name suggests, the change happens gradually. Though the transformation is subtle, you can rest assured, people around you will more likely notice how you look younger with each passing day rather than notice the grey hair fading away.
MenFirst’s safe formula works well on all shades of hair. Be it completely grey, all white, bleached hair, lightened or colored hair. All you need to do is use it like you would use any regular shampoo. Massage it into your hair and leave it in for three minutes. Use the shampoo daily till your hair is as dark as you would want it to be. Once the desired shade is achieved, limit the use of this shampoo to two to three times each week, so as to maintain the desired color.
MenFirst’s Gradual Gray shampoo is sulfate free and parabens free. It helps repair the hair fibers, restores hair health, makes hair stronger and also darkens your hair. The formula does not contain any metallic salts, dyes or harsh chemicals which can cause irritation or allergies.
Formulated with healthy ingredients like pro vitamin B5, keratin protein complex and collagen, Gradual Gray shampoo helps rejuvenate dull hair and also adds volume, luster and moisture. This shampoo gently cleanses, conditions and darkens the hair so you can look more youthful.
Made with MenFirst’sproprietary Gray Spot Technology, this shampoo only targets the hair. It does not affect the skin color. Therefore you need not worry about staining the skin on your scalp or face. You also need not wear gloves to apply and massage the shampoo.
- Darkens hair effectively.
- Darkens hair to the shade desired by user and stops further darkening after the use is limited to few times a week.
- Non staining formula protects the skin on scalp, face and hands.
- Some users said that this shampoo does control frizz and need to use a separate product to tame the frizz.
Top Benefits of Using a Men’s Shampoo
- Oil build-up, sweat and dirt on the scalp can lead to clogging of the hair follicles as well as dandruff. This may impact the general appearance of your hair. Washing hair with shampoo every third day helps remove accumulated oil, sweat and dust.
- For individuals who are prone to dandruff and itchy or flaky scalp, regular use of shampoo will help with removal of excess skin and also clear any visible dandruff flakes. Athletes and those with an active lifestyle are bound to sweat more. This excessive sweating can not only cause an itchy scalp but can also cause sweat-induced dandruff. This can further lead to thinning of hair and hair loss. Ensure you use a shampoo that is formulated specifically for your needs.
- Using a shampoo regularly helps remove any unpleasant odor from your hair or scalp. Especially when you are back from a work-out or any activity that has caused you to sweat a lot. If sweat and grease are left for long on the scalp it can become a breeding ground for bacteria and cause hair loss.
- Clean hair gives a shinier and glossier finish. Glossy hair eliminates the need of using product on your hair to achieve the shiny look. Keeping your scalp clean will help your hair grow optimally.
- Regular usage of shampoo keeps your hair hydrated. It is the moisture, and not oil, which keeps the hair elastic and supple.
How to select a shampoo that will work best for you?
Getting confused at the shampoo bottles aisle is very understandable. However, you must bear in mind, what type of shampoo you should use will largely depend on your hair type. You want to look for a formula which is specifically meant to address your hair. Let’s go over the hair types and the formula that will best suit them.
The rarest hair type, normal hair is the perfect balance of dryness and oiliness. Such hair is neither too fine nor too frizzy. You will want to look for a shampoo that helps maintain the pH balance of your precious locks.
Oily hair is generally the result of excess sebum or usage of styling products that are heavy and waxy and leave a residue. Look for a shampoo with mild detergents break down the gunk and remove oils and dirt.
Fine hair is very delicate and requires extra care and maintenance. You should look for an anti-hair thinning shampoo whose formula includes hydrolyzed wheat protein or hydrolyzed rice protein as well as PG-propyl silanetriol. These ingredients help increase the thickness of the hair shaft.
Curly or Frizzy Hair
Taming an unruly mane can be a cumbersome task. You want to look for a shampoo that is not only hydrating but also helps to lock in the moisture. Do not skip on the conditioner as it will make your hair softer and more manageable.
Damaged and Dry Hair, or Chemically Treated
Dryness in the hair is caused by inadequate sebum or dehydration of the hair shaft. This can be caused due to chemical treatments/heat damage. Dry hair tends to get brittle and is prone to breakage. The formula you want to use must be one with deep moisturizing to restore suppleness and shine of your hair. The formula should have ingredients such as cyclomethicone and dimethicone. Look for a conditioner that includes polyquaternium, hydroxyethyl dimonium chloride or guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride so as to seal in the moisture.
Random strands of fallen hair and visible flakes of dandruff can bring embarrassment and deflate your self-esteem. Maintaining good hair health can boost your confidence. It is best to identify your hair type and put in some research as to what will work best. If your shampoo doesn’t address your hair and scalp problems adequately, you may also want to consult a dermatologist or a trichologist. Also, it is necessary to understand that a shampoo is a shampoo. It is not a magic potion. You must maintain a healthy diet and a low-stress causing lifestyle to ensure good hair health.