Call it cologne if you like. We’re here today to talk about the best selling perfumes for men. We’ll review both classic fragrances and modern trendsetters. Before we begin, here are tips to make sure you’re satisfied with your purchase.
- Which perfume lasts the longest?
- Top Selling Perfumes for Men
- 1. Nautica Voyage Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
- 2. Nautica Blue Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
- 3. Pheromones For Men Pheromone Cologne
- 4. Cool Water By Davidoff For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
- 5. Versace Man Eau Fraiche By Gianni Versace For Men
- 6. Dreamer By Versace, Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
- 7. Versace Eros Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
- 8. Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir By Bvlgari For Men
- 9. Acqua Di Gio By Giorgio Armani For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
- 10. D & G Light Blue By Dolce & Gabbana For Men Eau De Toilette Spray
- 11. Guess Seductive Men EDT Spray
- 12. Drakkar Noir By Guy Laroche For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
- 13. Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
- 14. Hugo Boss MAN Eau de Toilette
- 15. Polo Black by Ralph Lauren for Men
- 16. Polo by Ralph Lauren for Men, Eau de Toilette Natural Spray
- 17. Stetson Original Cologne Spray for Men by Stetson
- 18. Aramis By Aramis for Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
- 19. Victorinox Swiss Army Altitude Eau de Toilette Spray
- 20. Aspen by Coty for Men Cologne Spray
- 21. Lucky You Lucky Brand Cologne Spray For Men by Liz Claiborne
- 22. Christian Dior Sauvage for Men Eau de Toilette Spray
- 23. Hei By ALFRED SUNG FOR MEN Eau De Toilette Spray
- 24. Usher By Usher For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
- 25. Mambo by Liz Claiborne for Men, Cologne Spray
- 26. Calvin Klein OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette
- What are notes?
- How to wear cologne
- Related Articles
- Popular Articles
Which perfume lasts the longest?
There’s a whole vocabulary of French terms to clue you in on how long that scent will last on your skin. In brief, here they are:
- Eau Fraiche–scented water with less than 3% fragrance
- Eau de cologne–inexpensive because it contains only 2 to 5% fragrance that lasts for a couple of hours
- Eau de toilette–has 5 to 15% fragrance dissolved in alcohol. The aroma sticks around for a few hours. Often abbreviated as EDT.
- Eau de parfum–this is the most common version sold. It has 15 to 20% fragrance and it lasts up to eight hours.
- Parfum–with 20 to 30% fragrance dissolved in oils and alcohol, it lasts up to a full day.
If you want to smell good all day long at work, go with Eau de parfum. But if you’re just hanging out with friends for a few hours after work, an EDT, or eau de toilette would be fine.
Top Selling Perfumes for Men
Later on in the article, we’ll talk about how to choose a signature scent that suits your body chemistry. For now, let’s get into reviews of the top-selling perfumes for men.
1. Nautica Voyage Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
Nautica’s perfumes are successful in part because they’re marketed to men with an adventurous spirit. The Voyage EDT spray smells outdoorsy with hints of woody amber and dewy moss. Wear it if you need a mental boost to meet a challenge.
2. Nautica Blue Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Nautica’s Blue eau de toilette has base notes of sandalwood and musk, two classic manly scents. But when you first spray it on, you’ll feel the energy of jasmine, pineapple, and basil.
3. Pheromones For Men Pheromone Cologne
The Pheromone Cologne for men smells good. But that’s not the point. It contains actual human pheromones like Androstadienone. These pharmaceutical grade components attract women. It’s chemistry, and it actually works.
4. Cool Water By Davidoff For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
Cool Water is a classic that’s been around since the late 1980s. Spray it on and you’ll notice lavender and jasmine. Then it fades to oakmoss, sandalwood, and musk. The soothing scent appeals to those who love being in the great outdoors.
5. Versace Man Eau Fraiche By Gianni Versace For Men
Versace’s Man is a mild fragrance that combines salty ocean with sunshine. It contains cedar, lemon, tarragon, and musk, too. It’s eau fraiche, so the aroma doesn’t last long. But it’s a great pick-me-up in the morning.
6. Dreamer By Versace, Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dreamer starts with a strong floral scent of wildflowers. But it’s anchored by the aroma of dry tobacco like the smell of the cigarette before you light it. Wear this the next time you go to the club.
7. Versace Eros Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
Eros starts with freshly-picked fruits and herbs to get your attention. You’ll notice mint and lemon as well as green apple. It continues with Oriental spices like amber and vanilla. Then, it’s anchored by vetiver, cedarwood, and oakmoss. It’s perfect for a day at the office when you need to be on your toes.
8. Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir By Bvlgari For Men
Bvlgari recommends their Soir fragrance for romantic adventures. This Italian-made perfume is spicy and musky all at once.
9. Acqua Di Gio By Giorgio Armani For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
It was impossible to live in the late ‘90s and not hear about Acqua di Gio. If you didn’t try it then, give it a chance now. This classic eau de toilette is crisp and fresh from a host of citrus and floral scents. Enjoy it for daytime or casual wear.
10. D & G Light Blue By Dolce & Gabbana For Men Eau De Toilette Spray
Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue will get the attention of your significant other. It starts with citrusy bergamot that will uplift your mood. Then it moves on to juniper and rosemary with Sichuan pepper to keep things exciting. But it’s anchored with incense, oakmoss, and musk wood for long-lasting delight.
11. Guess Seductive Men EDT Spray
Seductive may be an eau de toilette but some users say that it lasts all day. The base notes are cashmere wood, vanilla, and olibanum.
12. Drakkar Noir By Guy Laroche For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
Put on some Drakkar Noir before you head out for your next date. This French-made fragrance depends on rosemary, lavender, and bergamot to get your attention. But it’s underpinned by sandalwood for an enduring aroma.
13. Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million is a rich scent that lasts all day even if it’s only an EDT. It begins with Blood Mandarin, grapefruit, and mint. This fades to spicy cinnamon and rose. Then it’s anchored by Indian patchouli, amber, leather, and wood.
14. Hugo Boss MAN Eau de Toilette
Hugo Boss makes their Man eau de toilette for the innovators. Put it on in the morning to face your day on the right foot. It hits you right off with crisp green apples and herbs. Throughout the day it winds down to smoky and earthy wild forest fragrances.
15. Polo Black by Ralph Lauren for Men
Ralph Lauren’s Polo Black burst onto the scene in 2005 with a fusion of mango and patchouli. It also includes Spanish Sage, silver armoise, and Tonka beans. That translates to a lovely aromatic woody fragrance.
16. Polo by Ralph Lauren for Men, Eau de Toilette Natural Spray
The original Polo is a perfume loved worldwide. It’s the scent that had women walking behind men wearing it just to smell it again. There’s no floral note at all. Instead, its strength comes from spices, leather, wood, and tobacco.
17. Stetson Original Cologne Spray for Men by Stetson
What do cowboys wear? Stetson. This confident scent combines citrus, wood, and musk. The classic fragrance is synonymous with attractive masculinity and courage.
18. Aramis By Aramis for Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
Aramis has been around for more than two decades. The delicious aroma derives from bergamot, Clary Sage, clove, sandalwood, and tree moss.
19. Victorinox Swiss Army Altitude Eau de Toilette Spray
In case you didn’t know, Victorinox doesn’t just make Swiss Army knives. Their Altitude smells like fresh air in the forest. Users say that it’s perfect for hot days.
20. Aspen by Coty for Men Cologne Spray
Coty’s Aspen brings to mind relaxing days outdoors. It smells spicy, citrusy, and woodsy.
21. Lucky You Lucky Brand Cologne Spray For Men by Liz Claiborne
Liz Claiborne’s Lucky You fragrance blends flowers with citrus to create a refreshing aroma for daytime wear at the office.
22. Christian Dior Sauvage for Men Eau de Toilette Spray
Sauvage from Christian Dior has a concentrated clean and musky scent. Just a little goes a long way.
23. Hei By ALFRED SUNG FOR MEN Eau De Toilette Spray
The Hei eau de toilette from Alfred Sung smells fresh and clean and it will get you noticed. It combines all the right amounts of violet, bamboo, bergamot, and spearmint with jasmine, fennel, cardamom, and musk.
24. Usher By Usher For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray
Usher is masculine, not sweet. Even though it starts with verbena, pineapple, and melon, it’s anchored by musk, vetiver, and sandalwood. As the initial rush fades, you might also notice pepper and lavender with a little suede.
25. Mambo by Liz Claiborne for Men, Cologne Spray
If you’re looking for a daytime cologne for work, try Mambo. It will perk you up with bergamot, thyme, and cinnamon and ground you with musk, sandalwood, and fir balsam.
26. Calvin Klein OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette
We’ll wrap up with Calvin Klein’s Obsession for men. This provocative scent has been attracting attention for decades. It combines a perfectly-balanced blend of bergamot and Mandarin with lavender, spices, and myrrh. But it leaves base notes of sandalwood, musk, and patchouli on your skin hours afterward.
What are notes?
You may have noticed that we mentioned top, middle, and base notes. The top notes are the first part of the fragrance to reach your nose when you apply it. They could be citrusy, floral, or spicy. It’s your first impression of the cologne. But after an hour or two, you’ll be noticing the middle notes.
The middle notes are also called the heart notes, the main theme of the perfume. It could be something fruity, grassy, floral, or spicy.
Then, the base notes are what lingers when the rest of the fragrance has worn off. For men’s perfumes, it’s common to smell musk, sandalwood, vetiver, or tobacco.
The right perfume for your body chemistry will continue to delight you as the aromas blend into one another.
How to wear cologne
Apply cologne strategically on your body for maximum effect. As much as you may love how it smells, let those around you discover it by being in your personal space. You don’t need to overwhelm people with it.
Not everyone knows to spray or dab cologne only on dry skin, not wet. But don’t rub it in afterward. That actually makes the fragrance weaker. Also, putting it on your clothes may make them smell fresher, but it doesn’t allow the perfume to interact with your skin. It may also stain them.
Finally, apply perfume to your chest and neck, or lower jaw and wrists/forearms. Those are hot spots that disperse the scent into the air around you. Plus, they let it mix with your personal body chemistry.
If it seems difficult to find the right fragrance, start with one of the best-selling perfumes for men. They’re popular because they appeal to a wide range of people.
Test a couple at a time, like one on each wrist. Go throughout your day, pausing to experience the perfume as it shifts through the top, middle, and base notes. Soon you’ll find the signature scent that makes you feel powerful and reminds people of you when they smell it.
Related ArticlesView All Posts
Nothing beats a nice warm long shower after a long busy day, right? You just can’t wait to lather that good-smelling shampoo all over your greasy hair and end the day feeling clean and refreshed. However, did you know that[...]
Anti-aging creams help erase lines, wrinkles, and spots caused on the face by aging. These types of creams come for both men and women. Along with body washes for men, there are many anti-aging products on the market that are[...]
Most of us don’t read the ingredients when we shop for bath soap. Instead, we pop the top on the bottle and take a sniff. That’s human nature. We want to use products that smell good. But fragrance is a[...]
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
How do you know which are the best essential oil brands for your money? After all, this is an industry that isn’t regulated by the FDA. Oil quality can vary based on the distillation process of each company. Does the[...]
If you suffer from dark spots on the skin (hyperpigmentation), sometimes it can feel like everyone is looking at them. Luckily they aren’t dangerous, but they can be a bother in public. Especially when they occur on the face and[...]
You’ve enjoyed your dip powder nails for a few weeks now, but the time has come to remove them. Lucky for you, you don’t have to visit a salon to take off your manicure. You can remove SNS nails at[...]
Fine hair refers to the thickness of your individual hair strands. If you have fine hair, I'm sure you go through ups and downs with it. On some days you probably rejoice in the fact that it is easy and[...]
Blackheads. Pesky little black-tipped spots that lurk in the pores of your nose. However rigorous your daily cleansing routine, blackheads can start feeling like that annoying friend that just keeps hanging around. Unfortunately, blackheads are one of the most common[...]
Do you wish you had a magic eraser for your face? Those laugh lines and dark spots are proof that you have a lot of stories to tell. But if you’d rather keep your age a secret, then a foundation[...]
Acne-prone skin deserves tender loving care. It needs to be hydrated just like the rest of your body. While creamy, thick oils are out of the question, there are still plenty of moisture-boosting options. The best night creams for acne-prone[...]
Battling with bad skin and breakouts? Does greasy skin leave you pimple-prone? If so, salicylic acid might just be your new best friend. And your spot's worst enemy. Many people struggle with spots, pocks, and persistent skin trouble. These can[...]
If you get an oily scalp like me, you will probably marvel at those people that can wait five days between hair washes. While, let’s face it, us oily-scalpers are every-other-day-hairwash people at best. And an oily scalp often means[...]