If you’re tired of dealing with too much shine, try one of the best face washes for oily skin. These cleansers remove impurities and makeup while they unclog pores. You won’t need harsh scrubs or drying alcohols to get rid of excess oil. Instead, try a foaming face wash with salicylic acid to experience fewer breakouts.
- Top Face Washes & Cleansers for Oily Skin
- 1. Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel Pump
- 2. Garnier Skin and Hair Care Clean and Shine Control Cleansing Gel
- 3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash
- 4. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser with Salicylic Acid
- 5. Body Merry Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser
- 6. Paula’s Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser
- 7. Lavo Best Glycolic Acid Face Cleanser for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin
- 8. Clay Lotus Organic Facial Cleanser for Acne-Prone, Oily Skin
- 9. Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser for Oily Skin
- 10. Bioré Charcoal Acne-Clearing Cleanser for Oily Skin
- 11. DRMTLGY Natural Gentle Face Wash and Pore Cleanser
- 12. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser
- 13. Vivo Per Lei Foaming Cleanser
- 14. InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
- 15. dr. brandt Pores No More Cleanser
- 16. Vichy Normaderm Daily Deep Cleansing Gel Acne Face Wash
- 17. Clean & Clear 2-Pack Citrus Morning Facial Cleanser & Relaxing Night Facial Cleanser
- 18. Glytone Mild Gel Cleanser
- 19. Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 Cleanser, Combination/Oily Skin
- 20. Olay Oil Minimizing Clean, Foaming Cleanser
- 21. The Face Shop Facial Cleanser, Natural Rice Water Light Cleansing
- How to reduce shine in three steps
Top Face Washes & Cleansers for Oily Skin
We researched the best face cleansers for oily skin. It turns out you have plenty of choices to care for your complexion. We hope our reviews help you find the best one for your needs today.
1. Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel Pump
Bioderma’s Sebium Foaming Gel slows down sebum production so that your pores make less oil throughout the day. It also contains zinc and copper sulfate. These components remove impurities and help your skin heal faster.
The fact that this face wash can help your skin repair itself is interesting. That’s because Bioderma says that you can use this product as shaving foam. Moreover, it’s recommended for women and men.
2. Garnier Skin and Hair Care Clean and Shine Control Cleansing Gel
Garnier’s Shine Control Cleansing Gel unclogs pores by dissolving the oil and debris that block them. It contains charcoal to draw out impurities and absorb excess sebum. As a result, your pores will shrink, and you should have fewer blackheads. Plus, this gel easily removes makeup.
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash
The classic Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Wash is one of the top-selling salicylic acid cleansers of all time. It’s a staple product for treating acne-prone skin. The acid exfoliates and reduces inflammation. But it can also make your skin more sensitive to ultraviolet radiation. Be sure to use sunscreen and moisturizer if this is your morning face wash.
4. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser with Salicylic Acid
Instead of the classic pink grapefruit acne wash, try the Neutrogena Naturals cleanser. The salicylic acid in it is derived from willow bark. Furthermore, the formula is free from parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and dyes.
5. Body Merry Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser
Body Merry’s exfoliating cleanser clears up acne, fades hyperpigmentation, and erases fine lines. It uses 2.5% glycolic acid plus willow bark and jojoba beads to remove dead skin and clean out pores. Unlike those plastic beads that pollute the environment, the jojoba beads are made out of plant oil that mimics human sebum. They help the other ingredients penetrate deeper to dissolve excess oil.
To fade blemishes and scars, the formula has rosehip oil and Kojic acid. Kojic acid is similar to benzoyl peroxide in that it lightens skin tone. You’ll have 90 days to try this product and get a full refund if you’re not satisfied.
6. Paula’s Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser
Paula Begoun started her company, Paula’s Choice, more than three decades ago. She was determined to provide an alternative to the skincare products of the time. And she also wanted consumers to understand what they were buying.
The CLEAR cleanser follows that tradition. If you read the label, you’ll see that each ingredient is explained. This face wash has 0.5% salicylic acid to cleanse pores and get rid of dead skin so that your face looks brighter and healthier.
The silky texture of the cleanser is a pleasure to use. It rinses clean to wash away makeup and dirt. Additionally, there are no artificial fragrances or parabens in the bottle.
7. Lavo Best Glycolic Acid Face Cleanser for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin
Lavo’s cleanser gets rid of pimples and blackheads. But it also helps slow down sebum production. That’s because it unclogs pores with glycolic, salicylic, and lactic acids. These are the ingredients used in chemical peels. They exfoliate dead skin and dissolve oil.
But these acids have an additional effect. They lessen inflammation. Then the other ingredients like lavender, watercress, and vitamin B speed up healing and ward off aging.
8. Clay Lotus Organic Facial Cleanser for Acne-Prone, Oily Skin
If you prefer vegan, cruelty-free products, you may fall in love with the Clay Lotus face wash. It’s free of artificial components and handmade with organic ingredients. These ingredients include acne-killing tea tree oil and anti-inflammatory neem oil. And there’s even a toner derived from holy basil oil that purifies the skin.
9. Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser for Oily Skin
Bioré’s Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser is inexpensive and effective. Use it once a day for best results. When it comes out of the bottle, it’s black. But then it lathers white and tingles while it lifts away impurities and deep cleans your pores.
10. Bioré Charcoal Acne-Clearing Cleanser for Oily Skin
In combination with Bioré’s Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, use their acne-clearing cleanser two or three times a week. It contains the exfoliant salicylic acid that unclogs pores plus charcoal to remove excess oil. This one-two punch clears up acne and keeps your face from breaking out in the future.
11. DRMTLGY Natural Gentle Face Wash and Pore Cleanser
The DRMTLGY Natural Face Wash lessens oiliness and fights signs of aging. Its low pH helps the other ingredients penetrate your skin. And the lack of sulfates, perfumes, and parabens protect your skin from irritation.
This cleanser foams away makeup and grime to get rid of blackheads and shrink blemishes. It resurfaces your face with peptides and grapefruit to reduce fine lines and discoloration. Plus, it moisturizes with aloe, cucumber, and hyaluronic acid. If you don’t love it within 60 days, you can get a refund.
12. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser
The Effaclar Medicated Cleanser from La Roche-Posay is a gel face wash with 2% salicylic acid. The acid prevents acne by slowing oil production and unclogging pores. Then, zinc absorbs excess oil and impurities so that your face rinses clean and feels soft.
In 2016, the beauty site Allure presented La Roche-Posay a Best of Beauty Award for this cleanser. Not only does it reduce shine, but it’s pleasantly tingly to use and gentle to the skin. It also lacks parabens and artificial fragrances.
13. Vivo Per Lei Foaming Cleanser
The Vivo Per Lei cleanser makes your face radiant with the power of Dead Sea minerals. While it exfoliates and unclogs pores, it erases fine lines and diminishes wrinkles. Of course, it dissolves makeup, too.
14. InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
InstaNatural’s Vitamin C Cleanser can be used by itself or in rotation with other face washes from the same company. (For example, they also have a glycolic face wash.) Vitamin C is known to revitalize dull skin by fading age spots and reversing sun damage. This moisturizing formula is made for women and men with any skin type.
15. dr. brandt Pores No More Cleanser
The dr. brandt Pores No More Cleanser shrinks pores with naturally-derived salicylic acid. Moreover, it kills acne bacteria with tea tree oil. Both ingredients reduce inflammation and help skin feel smooth and clean.
16. Vichy Normaderm Daily Deep Cleansing Gel Acne Face Wash
The Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel attacks two problems at once. It not only clears up acne, but it also clarifies and refines the skin to make it look and feel younger. In fact, customer surveys report that 90% of users thought their skin looked better overall after using it for a month.
The formula has glycolic, salicylic, and beta-lipo hydroxy acids for maximum strength exfoliation. As a result, it deep-cleanses your face. But interestingly, Vichy says it’s mild enough to use twice a day. Additionally, there are no parabens or drying alcohols in it.
17. Clean & Clear 2-Pack Citrus Morning Facial Cleanser & Relaxing Night Facial Cleanser
Clean & Clear has you mix up your routine with their two-pack of face cleansers. The nighttime face wash contains sea kelp and deep sea minerals plus a relaxing fragrance. Then, the daytime wash has a bright citrus scent. It makes your face luminous with cucumber, ginseng, and ginger extracts.
18. Glytone Mild Gel Cleanser
Glytone’s Mild Gel Cleanser has 4.7% glycolic acid. This exfoliant rejuvenates dull, oily skin and prevents breakouts. It also reduces shine and helps your moisturizer to penetrate better.
19. Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 Cleanser, Combination/Oily Skin
Mary Kay’s TimeWise Cleanser has three powerful ingredients to refresh and revitalize your face. It lathers away oil and makeup and exfoliates, too. Use it twice a day for maximum benefits.
The first age-fighting component is resveratrol. It’s an antioxidant that protects your skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation. Next, it increases collagen production to erase wrinkles and improve firmness.
The second ingredient is a peptide that supports collagen and elastin production. Then, the third ingredient is vitamin B3 with niacin. It brightens skin tone.
20. Olay Oil Minimizing Clean, Foaming Cleanser
Olay’s foaming cleanser is made especially to address oily skin. It’s able to wash away makeup, dirt, and oil without stripping the skin’s moisture. Part of the reason that it works so well is witch hazel, an astringent that shrinks pores and reduces oiliness.
21. The Face Shop Facial Cleanser, Natural Rice Water Light Cleansing
Korean skincare company The Face Shop makes this popular lightweight cleanser. It will leave your skin soft and happy. Besides the principal ingredients, which is rice water, it has vitamins, minerals, and ceramides.
As it dissolves sebum, it reduces blackheads and prevents acne. Meanwhile, it firms and brightens your skin to make it look and feel younger. Finally, it moisturizes and soothes.
How to reduce shine in three steps
If you’re tired of blotting oil by midmorning, try these three steps to reduce shine.
To begin, choose one of the best face washes for oily skin and use it morning and night. Don’t skip a day, and never go to bed with makeup on your face.
Second, apply moisturizer within three minutes after patting your face dry. Don’t let your skin dry out before you have a chance to lock in moisture.
And third, pay attention to what triggers excess oil for you. You could discover that it has to do with humidity, your makeup, or stress. You may need to switch moisturizers or choose a foundation for oily skin to strike a balance.
Oily skin may be part of your genetic makeup, but that doesn’t mean you can’t manage it with the right face wash. Choose a cleanser that exfoliates and moisturizes to keep your skin clean and supple. We hope you found exactly what you needed in our reviews today.