When it comes to keeping your face clean and protecting it from pollution, a gentle face cleanser is something that you need to add to your basic skincare routine. With the increasing number of cosmetic brands on the market today, choosing the right face wash for your skin type may be overwhelming. If you are struggling to figure out the right face wash that is free from preservatives, harmful chemicals, and strong fragrances, a vegan product with all-natural ingredients can be a great option. Dermatologists believe that vegan face washes have simple formulas, making them suitable for use on sensitive skin. An ideal vegan face wash cleans your delicate facial skin without causing damage while restoring your youthful radiance.
Depending on the type of skin, whether it is dry, oily, or a combination of both, the type of face cleanser may vary from what others recommend. The different facial cleansers available on the market are usually cream-based, foam-based, or gel-based. These face cleansers can effectively exfoliate your skin, removing the dirt and pollutants that have collected throughout the day. You can also use them to remove makeup from your face. Here, we have put up a list of top ten vegan face washes that are not just free of animal ingredients but also do not test their products on animals. No matter what skin conditions you are suffering from, these face washes can effectively replenish your skin with all the nourishment it needs.
- Best Cruelty-Free Vegan Face Washes & Cleansers (2023 Update)
- 1. Gold Mountain Beauty Activated Charcoal Facemask
- 2. Gold Mountain Beauty Organic Activated Charcoal Mask
- 3. ACURE Brightening Facial Scrub
- 4. Alaffia – Purely Coconut Face Cleanser
- 5. Eavara Award Winning Organic Facial Cleanser
- 6. Beauty by Earth Superfruits & Sea Kelp Face Wash
- 7. Thesis Facial Gel Wash
- 8. Desert Essence Thoroughly-Clean Face Wash
- 9. Alba Botanica Acnedote Maximum Strength
- 10. Christina Moss Naturals Organic Facial Wash
- What to Consider When Buying The Best Vegan Face Wash
- Related Articles
Best Cruelty-Free Vegan Face Washes & Cleansers (2023 Update)
1. Gold Mountain Beauty Activated Charcoal Facemask
This Activated Charcoal Facemask from Gold Mountain Beauty, with its natural ingredients, not just hydrates your facial skin but also helps get rid of acne, pimples, and blackheads. The active charcoal content combined with flower extracts, bentonite clay, and black pearl protein draw out impurities and toxins from your skin while softening it. Moreover, the black pearl protein is useful for combatting acne and fighting against visible signs of aging. The 100% natural face mask, being packed with minerals and vitamins, reduces fine lines, smoothens wrinkles, and increases your skin elasticity.
Its activated charcoal content obtained from coconut shells helps in reducing pore size and unclogging them while protecting your skin from dangerous free radicals. The face mask assists in lightening uneven skin tone and improving cell regeneration. It has been specially formulated with ingredients that are gentle on your skin.
- Removes toxins, while unclogging pores
- Improves skin elasticity
- Can be easily removed
- Works well on oily skin
- Eliminates acne, pimples, blackheads
- Improves skin tone
- Not a peel-off face mask
2. Gold Mountain Beauty Organic Activated Charcoal Mask
The Organic Activated Charcoal Mask from Gold Mountain Beauty, being a powdered face mask, is used by mixing it with green tea or water. Aside from activated charcoal, this vegan face mask contains sea minerals, witch hazel, bentonite clay, and cocoa powder as its ingredients. For those who are looking to have softer, glowing skin and remove toxins from their face, then the Organic Activated Charcoal Mask is one of the best alternatives. The face mask contains natural ingredients that help you in reducing wrinkles and improving skin elasticity, making you look youthful.
Its deep cleansing action, together with the finest quality organic ingredients, help nourish your skin and give it a fresh look. Moreover, the face mask is free of harsh chemicals, and it works gently on your skin to increase blood circulation and remove dry skin. It may also help treat skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
- Removes dirt, pollutants, and harmful toxins from the skin
- Moisturizes the skin and keeps it hydrated
- Brightens your skin tone
- Removes blackheads, acne, and pimples
- Nourishes your skin
- Works effectively on oily skin
- May work slowly in some cases
3. ACURE Brightening Facial Scrub
As the name suggests, this facial scrub from ACURE has been specially formulated to give your skin a brighter and glowing appearance. The skincare product is 100% vegan, which means it has been prepared from quality ingredients that are packed with essential nutrients. It incorporates plant extracts that minimize uneven skin tone, thereby helping in improving your skin’s appearance and increasing radiance. This vegan scrub has been made from walnut shells that help remove dead skin cells, while lemon-peel granules exfoliate your skin, and French green clay sucks dirt and other impurities out of the pores.
Although it may sound like a standard scrub, this vegan facial cleanser does not contain sulfates, parabens, and formaldehydes. Since it has aloe vera extract as one of its key ingredients, the product is gentle on your skin. It may be applied once or twice a week for visibly brighter-looking skin.
- Has sea kelp and Madonna lily that soften and brighten your skin
- Formulated for all types of skin
- Can be applied on sensitive skin
- Rejuvenates your skin
- Reduces acne and pimples
- Has a refreshing smell
- May feel coarse and soapy
4. Alaffia – Purely Coconut Face Cleanser
Carefully formulated to meet the safety standards, this face cleanser from Alaffia does not trigger allergies because it is free of gluten, paraben, and harsh chemicals. It has organic ingredients like coconut oil, along with neem and papaya extracts that are beneficial for your skin. The virgin coconut oil included in this face wash moisturizes your skin and removes the visible signs of aging. It is not an overly scented product, featuring a lovely aroma due to the presence of papaya extract. Despite being a foaming facial cleanser, the Alaffia face wash is incredibly gentler on the skin than some of the other foaming products on the market. It can be used every day for not just removing impurities from the skin but also makeup so that your face feels fresh throughout the day.
- Cleanses and unclogs pores while retaining your skin’s moisture level
- Vegan product, without sulfates, dyes, or parabens
- Gentler than other foaming face washes
- Gluten-free, vegan product
- Contains coconut oil
- Has a light fragrance
- May not work well on extra-sensitive skin
5. Eavara Award Winning Organic Facial Cleanser
As recommended by many users, this organic facial cleanser from Eavara is one of the best faces washes in the market today. Along with all the common ingredients that you expect in a quality face wash, it has one more component that is worth mentioning. It is the activated charcoal, which makes this product a quality exfoliating facial cleanser. Aside from dirt and pollutants, the face wash helps in removing bacteria from your skin. It also features green tea extracts that work as powerful antioxidants and fights against free radicals, thereby slowing down your skin’s aging mechanism.
Because of its organic ingredients, the face wash works gently on your skin and can be used regularly as a hydrating, moisturizing, and exfoliating agent. It also features vitamin E that increases collagen production, which improves your skin’s firmness and elasticity so that it feels healthy and rejuvenated after every application.
- Has an anti-aging formula that leaves you with a healthy, glowing skin
- Protects your skin from bacteria
- Contains activated charcoal as an active ingredient
- Easily removes dust particles and oil from the skin
- Can be used on sensitive skin
- Hydrates, moisturizes, and exfoliates
- Has a strong fragrance
6. Beauty by Earth Superfruits & Sea Kelp Face Wash
If you are struggling to get rid of dirt particles, oil, and other pollutants from your face, then you should choose the Superfruits and Sea Kelp Face Wash from Beauty by Earth. It works well to get deep into the pores and flush out dirt and oil. After each application, your face not just looks fresh and rejuvenated but it also feels the same. Since it has Sea Kelp as one of its active ingredients, you will have no issue in removing blackheads, blemishes, and even makeup. The detoxifying property of the face wash gives your skin the advantage of staying clean and clear.
It also has potent antioxidants that fight against the dangerous free radicals, thereby slowing down the signs of aging. Even if your skin is prone to developing acne, you should not worry. The facial cleanser, being hypoallergenic, does not contain artificial fragrances or additives that might trigger allergies.
- Reduces oil and fights against acne, blemishes, and blackheads
- Gently washes away dirt, oil, and makeup
- Effective facial cleanser
- The detoxifying property keeps skin healthy
- Free of phthalates, parabens, and sulfates
- Does not trigger allergies
- May not work so well on extra-sensitive skin
7. Thesis Facial Gel Wash
During the summer months, the heat usually makes the skin excessively dry. Many people try to stay cool and hydrated by washing their faces with water. If you have the same issue, you should try the Facial Gel Wash from Thesis. It is a soothing facial cleanser that gives you a cooling and refreshing sensation after every wash. It has a blend of natural ingredients, including eucalyptus, rosemary, tea tree, and turmeric that washes away pore-clogging dirt particles and oil, which usually contribute to blemishes and acne. The facial gel wash has glycerin, which keeps your skin supple so that you stay well-hydrated throughout the day. Unlike some gel-based face washes on the market, the Thesis product has all-natural ingredients and is preservative-free.
This vegan face wash can be used both morning and evening so that you stay cool and refreshed throughout the day. Since it moisturizes your skin, it works as a great revitalizer.
- Foaming gel formula unclogs pores, keeps away blemishes and blackheads
- An effective cleanser that keeps your skin hydrated
- Gives a cooling and refreshing sensation
- Moisturizes the skin well
- Free of harsh chemicals and toxic irritants
- Contains only organic, natural ingredients
- Can be harsh for extra-sensitive skin
8. Desert Essence Thoroughly-Clean Face Wash
If your skin is commonly exposed to harsh elements, including dirt and pollutants, it is bound to suffer from irritations and adverse problems. To keep your skin clean and clear, you need a quality facial cleanser. The Thoroughly Clean Face Wash from Desert Essence, with its 100% natural ingredients, is particularly good at removing oil as well as other impurities from your skin. It contains chamomile, lavender, calendula, and tea tree oil that are packed with vitamins and antioxidants, which not just nourish your skin but keep it from over-drying. It also works as an anti-inflammatory agent because of its constituent bladderwrack, which helps in reducing redness and healing skin problems.
If you are prone to skin-breakouts, then this facial cleanser can work wonders for you. It has Hawaiian white ginger that works as a great skin-balancing agent, helping in improving skin elasticity and reducing irritation and inflammation.
- Has plenty of natural extracts that give you soft, glowing skin
- Soothes skin irritations, like burns, dryness, itchiness, and insect bites
- An excellent cleanser that nourishes the skin well
- Good for irritated skin
- Gluten-free, without artificial fragrances
- Smoothens your skin
- Does not work so well on dry skin
9. Alba Botanica Acnedote Maximum Strength
An excellent multi-tasking facial cleanser from Alba Botanica, the Acnedote Maximum Strength Face & Body scrub, is tough enough to remove toxins from your body while being gentle enough to scrub away oil and dirt from your face. It has been specially formulated with natural ingredients like willow bark extract and ground walnut shell that also prove to be beneficial in unplugging pores that are clogged with dead skin cells. The product comes with botanicals, including witch hazel and parsley extracts that help in getting rid of blemishes and breakouts while soothing your skin. It is 100% vegan and does not contain any synthetic fragrances, phthalates, and parabens, meaning that you have lesser chances of suffering from allergies. You can even use it to remove traces of makeup.
- Treats and prevents breakouts for a brighter skin
- Works deep into the pores to remove oil and dirt
- Removes dry flakes and keeps acne at bay
- Good for oily skin
- Keeps acne away
- Runny texture allows easy application
- Can be harsh for the skin if used regularly
10. Christina Moss Naturals Organic Facial Wash
The Naturals Organic Facial Wash from Christina Moss is suited for use on the combination and sensitive skin types. This cruelty-free, vegan face wash works gently on your skin without stripping the natural oils off your skin and leaving it dry. It can be used by both men and women in combination with other skin-cleansing tools. The all-natural ingredients, including sunflower seed oil, aloe vera juice, coconut oil, and olive oil, moisturizes your skin so that it stays hydrated all through the day. Moreover, the facial cleanser does not make use of any abrasive or harsh chemicals, so you do not have to worry about your skin getting dried out. It does not just work as an acne-cleanser and makeup remover, but it also helps in rejuvenating the skin, making you feel fresh.
- Great product for those with extremely sensitive skin
- Thoroughly cleanses and nourishes your skin
- Does not contain any harmful chemicals
- Requires a little amount to clean your entire face
- Tones and moisturizes your skin
- Cruelty-free, vegan product
- Some may not like the intense smell of rosemary
What to Consider When Buying The Best Vegan Face Wash
The face wash you buy should be more than just an ordinary cleanser. In addition to its cleaning abilities, a good-quality vegan face wash should also possess many more qualities. Here are some of the essential factors that are worth considering when buying a facial cleanser. Another company we recommend that has lots of vegan products is Tree to Tub. You can read our Tree To Tub review here.
Make sure the product you are looking for meets the standards that qualify it as truly cruelty-free or vegan. The two most famous organizations that hand out approval to brands are PETA, CCF, and the Leaping Bunny.
Just as you cannot choose a face wash that has animal products, you should also avoid those that have artificial ingredients. It is because the synthetic substances can cause skin irritations. You should also check the list of ingredients for allergens, as they might trigger a reaction.
If you have dry skin, choose a product with coconut oil, aloe vera, or any other hydrating agents. The foam-based facial cleaners will be more beneficial if you have oily skin.
While all the face washes mentioned above cannot work well for everyone, you can try the one that suits your skin type. Go ahead and have that natural youthful glow.
You May Also Read:
With other cleansers, acne treatments, toners, exfoliators, serums, and moisturizers, it can get pretty exhausting to get suitable products. Worry no more because the best Korean essences offer more advantages than other facial creams in the market. They help fight[...]
Hyperpigmentation may be harmless, but it doesn’t mean it's pretty. Hyperpigmentation causes dark patches of skin on the body, anywhere from the face to the arms or legs. It is caused by an excess of melanoma in the skin and[...]
Until someone figures out the cure for aging, we’ll still need the best face washes and cleansers for mature skin. That’s because aging skin is drier and more delicate. Unfortunately, this is true even if you’ve noticed larger pores and[...]
Categories: Face Wash & Cleanser