Last Updated on
Being pregnant affects your skin. That’s why it’s important to use the best face moisturizers and lotions for pregnancy. Then you can guard against itchy, dry skin, acne breakouts, and stretch marks.
To protect yourself and your unborn child, choose moisturizers and lotions that are free of chemicals and irritants. Although we can’t give you medical advice, here are some of the ingredients that pregnant moms avoid:
- Retinoids like retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Linoleate, retinoic acid, and tretinoin because they could cause birth defects
- Beta hydroxy acids like salicylic acid because they make the skin more sensitive to sunlight
- Artificial fragrances, perfumes, and dyes because they can cause allergic reactions
- Top Face Moisturizers & Lotions for Pregnancy
- 1. Vanicream Skin Cream With Pump Dispenser
- 2. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Sheer Mineral Moisturizer
- 3. Juice Beauty Green Apple Firming Body Moisturizer
- 4. BeeFriendly Face and Eye Cream
- 5. BeeFriendly Organic Body Cream
- 6. Belli Women’s Healthy Glow Facial Hydrator Facial Moisturizer
- 7. Belli Elasticity Belly Oil – Stretch Mark Protection for Smooth, Healthy Skin
- 8. Mustela Nourishing Baby Face Cream
- 9. Mustela Stretch Mark Prevention Cream with Natural Avocado Peptides
- 10. Paula’s Choice-SKIN RECOVERY Replenishing Moisturizer Cream for Redness
- 11. Simple Facial Moisturizer, Replenishing Rich
- 12. Simple Gel Moisturizer, Ultra Light
- 13. Carapex Botanical Facial Moisturizer
- 14. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche Soothing Protective Moisturizer
- 15. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Soothing Night Cream for Very Sensitive Skin
- 16. Christina Moss Naturals Facial Moisturizer, Organic, and Natural
- 17. AHAVA Extreme Day Cream with Dead Sea Minerals
- 18. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
- 19. EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
Top Face Moisturizers & Lotions for Pregnancy
Fortunately, there are many good products that avoid these components. But there are a lot to choose from. Therefore, we carefully selected the top face moisturizers and lotions to use while you’re pregnant. They are safe for sensitive skin. Now let’s get to our reviews help you find what you need.
1. Vanicream Skin Cream With Pump Dispenser
Have you ever considered why a pump dispenser is important? If you have an open container of lotion, it’s likely exposed to bacteria and odd bits of detritus. But a pump bottle dispenses the amount that you need without contaminating the cream inside. But that’s only one benefit to Vanicream’s lotion.
This product does not contain perfumes, dyes, masking fragrances, parabens, formaldehyde, or even lanolin. It’s mild enough to use on your body and your face. And everyone in the family over the age of six months can enjoy it.
2. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Sheer Mineral Moisturizer
Juice Beauty will help you hide that pasty pale winter skin with their lightly tinted mineral moisturizer. It’s available in four shades from sheer to tan. But the color doesn’t come from artificial dyes. Instead, the minerals add a little color to your face while they protect you from the sun. The zinc sunscreen is safe for sensitive skin.
Next, this moisturizer hydrates and protects against signs of aging with organic oils and fruit extracts. It contains aloe, grape, and pomegranate juice as well as jojoba, coconut, and sunflower oils. There’s also vegetable hyaluronic acid to keep your skin plump and radiant.
3. Juice Beauty Green Apple Firming Body Moisturizer
Juice Beauty also makes a firming body moisturizer that will help you avoid stretch marks. It has shea butter and jojoba oil plus organic fruit juices to keep the skin soft and elastic. There are also fatty acids and peptides to support collagen production. Users say that the mild lemon scent is pleasant and their skin has become smoother in texture.
4. BeeFriendly Face and Eye Cream
Have you ever noticed that your face moisturizer warns you not to use it near your eyes? BeeFriendly solves this problem with their Face and Eye Cream. It consists of certified organic and natural ingredients beginning with purified water, virgin olive oil, beeswax, and honey. It melts into your skin to keep it looking young. With regular use, it can reduce crow’s feet and dark circles.
5. BeeFriendly Organic Body Cream
If you want to give your body the same luxurious treatment as you do your face, use the BeeFriendly Organic Body Cream. It regenerates dry, cracked skin and treats psoriasis and eczema, too. Just like the face cream, it’s made by holistic beekeepers in Hawaii. They begin with purified water and add raw honey, organic Olive oil, and essential oils. The oils are what give it a delicious scent. Of course, there are no parabens and no chemicals.
6. Belli Women’s Healthy Glow Facial Hydrator Facial Moisturizer
Belli Beauty gets their name from the Italian word, “bellissima.” They specifically make products for pregnant women and new mothers. Their testing and screening process strives to avoid ingredients that cause birth defects, miscarriages, or problems while breastfeeding. All of their products are cruelty-free and made in the USA.
The Healthy Glow Facial Hydrator is gentle for all skin types, even sensitive faces. It relies on a large dose of Vitamin C, grape seed oil, and chamomile to repair and moisturize the skin. Additionally, it’s formulated to leave your face feeling smooth and clean with no residue.
7. Belli Elasticity Belly Oil – Stretch Mark Protection for Smooth, Healthy Skin
Apply Belli’s Belly Oil morning and night during your pregnancy to avoid developing stretch marks on your chest, abdomen, hips, and legs. It’s based on Vitamin E, cocoa butter, Gotu Kola, sweet almond oil, and lavender oil. These natural ingredients have a calming scent. They also provide essential moisture and nourishment to keep skin elastic and strong.
8. Mustela Nourishing Baby Face Cream
Mustela makes products for babies. But as they point out, their face cream is safe to use from birth through adulthood. Not only can you heal chapped skin on your newborn, but you can also apply this nourishing lotion to your own face. It’s free of phthalates, parabens, and phenoxyethanol. It’s also been tested to eliminate allergic reactions. The main ingredients are Avocado Perseose and ceramides that cure dry skin and protect it from the environment.
9. Mustela Stretch Mark Prevention Cream with Natural Avocado Peptides
There are two things you need to know about Mustela’s Stretch Mark Prevention Cream. The first is that 96% of the women in clinical trials who used this cream did not end up with stretch marks. And the second is that it’s completely safe to use while you’re breastfeeding. That’s important since breasts can develop stretch marks, too.
10. Paula’s Choice-SKIN RECOVERY Replenishing Moisturizer Cream for Redness
If you’re not ready to switch to products made especially for pregnant moms, try moisturizers made by Paula’s Choice. This company avoids artificial fragrances and doesn’t test on animals. As a rule, you can read the ingredients label and understand it because each component has an explanation.
With that said, the Skin Recovery moisturizer is excellent if you have rosacea or very dry skin. Apply it morning and night for best results. It’s even safe for use around your eyes.
11. Simple Facial Moisturizer, Replenishing Rich
Have you ever heard of the Repeated Insult Patch Test? If you have allergies, you probably know exactly what it is. The Replenishing Rich moisturizer from Simple was tested by an independent organization and found to lack all the typical irritants that cause breakouts, clog pores, and create rashes. The formula has no artificial dyes or perfumes, either.
Simple begins making the moisturizer with triple-purified water and vitamins. One of the highlights is Vitamin B5 that diminishes redness and hyperpigmentation. Plus, there’s chamomile to soothe irritation. Once you apply it, the moisturizer works for up to 12 hours.
12. Simple Gel Moisturizer, Ultra Light
If you can’t deal with smells or textures right now, use the Ultra Light moisturizer from Simple. It has no fragrance, no dyes, and no parabens. The refreshing gel revives your face with vitamins and triple purified water.
13. Carapex Botanical Facial Moisturizer
Carapex avoids artificial fragrances, parabens, and dyes in favor of natural oils and shea butter. The natural oils of sunflower, olive, avocado, sweet almond, mango, and grape seed plump and hydrate your skin to erase fine lines. It keeps you looking as young outside as you feel inside.
14. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche Soothing Protective Moisturizer
La Roche-Posay’s Toleriane moisturizer was developed for sensitive skin. As such, it lacks preservatives like parabens plus synthetic fragrances. Moreover, dermatologists tested it against other common allergens.
Even though it feels creamy, it absorbs quickly. Apply the moisturizer morning and night after washing your face to keep your skin supple and soft.
15. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Soothing Night Cream for Very Sensitive Skin
The Toleriane Ultra Night Cream will go the extra mile for you if you have especially dry skin. It works while your body is repairing itself during your sleep. While glycerin and shea butter rehydrate your skin, antioxidants fight wrinkles and sun damage.
16. Christina Moss Naturals Facial Moisturizer, Organic, and Natural
Do you like the smell of licorice? That’s the fragrance you’ll find in Christina Moss’ Naturals Face Moisturizer. It turns out that star anise is a safe and natural preservative. Other organic and botanic ingredients include aloe, avocado, grapeseed and apricot kernel oils. There are no petroleum derivatives or even propylene glycol in this lotion.
17. AHAVA Extreme Day Cream with Dead Sea Minerals
AHAVA’s day cream contains Dead Sea minerals, Tibetan Goji berries, and Himalayan raspberry root to fortify the skin. Together, these striking ingredients reverse signs of aging and retexture your face. There’s also hyaluronic acid, an excellent moisturizer, which holds up to 1000 times its weight in water. Furthermore, the cruelty-free formula is free of petroleum, parabens, phthalates.
18. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
EltaMD’s AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer is a doctor-recommended lotion that’s safe for users with diabetes, kidney disease, and irritated dry skin caused by acne medication. It melts into the face to reduce redness and heal flaking. Then it continues to work for up to 12 hours.
19. EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
Use the PM Therapy moisturizer before bed after you wash your face. While you sleep, the antioxidants and niacinamide make your complexion radiant. This is a product recommended by doctors that have been tested to be safe for sensitive skin.
Did our reviews of the best face moisturizers and lotions for pregnancy meet your needs? Let us know which one you tried and how it worked for you. If you have questions about which products are safe to use when you’re pregnant, check with your doctor. And to wrap up, we wish you good health and every happiness.