Last Updated on
Flaky, itchy skin doesn’t improve anyone’s complexion. If this describes you, you need one of the best moisturizers for psoriasis on the face. They relieve the itching and redness and also make it easier to remove scales.
You may find that creams with certain ingredients work wonders. For example, salicylic acid is a keratolytic that speeds up skin regeneration. It softens scales and it prevents acne. Urea is also helpful for treating psoriasis. It gets rid of dead skin while it lessens pain and itching. Finally, aloe and Manuka honey hydrate and fight inflammation.
- Top Moisturizers for Psoriasis on Face
- 1. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream Daily Face and Body Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- 2. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM
- 3. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM Ultra Lightweight
- 4. CeraVe Psoriasis Moisturizing Cream
- 5. Vanicream Skin Cream With Pump Dispenser
- 6. EltaMD Intense Moisturizer
- 7. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
- 8. EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
- 9. EltaMD UV Daily Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 40
- 10. Cetaphil Redness Relieving Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 20
- 11. Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer
- 12. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry/Sensitive Skin, Fragrance-Free
- 13. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
- 14. K Beauty Intensive Ceramide Face Moisturizer – Korean Skincare By EverGlam
- 15. Manuka Honey Cream – The Original UMF Certified Moisturizer by GoodOnYa Skin Care Products
- 16. Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer
- 17. Dr. Sheffield’s Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer Skin Cream
- 18. Gold Bond Ultimate Psoriasis Relief Cream
- 19. Sebamed Extreme Dry Skin Repair Lotion 10% Urea
- 20. Wild Naturals Eczema & Psoriasis Cream
- 21. Era Organics Advanced Healing Non-Greasy Moisturizer with Organic Aloe Vera, Manuka Honey, Hemp Oil
- 22. Aloe Infusion Body and Face Moisturizer
- 23. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream, Extra-Dry Skin
- 24. Christina Moss NaturalsFacial Moisturizer, Organic, and Natural Face Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive, Oily or Severely Dry Skin
- Popular Articles
Top Moisturizers for Psoriasis on Face
We researched the top face moisturizers for psoriasis then reviewed them here to help you shop. Additionally, we avoided products with artificial fragrances that could irritate your skin.
1. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream Daily Face and Body Moisturizer for Dry Skin
The CeraVe daily face cream is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic to prevent breakouts. It contains two key components that hydrate and repair the skin. The first is hyaluronic acid which is delivered in small doses throughout the next 24 hours after you apply the cream. Then there are three essential ceramides that strengthen the skin’s natural barrier against dryness and infection.
2. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM
CeraVe also makes a face lotion specifically for daytime wear. Like their Moisturizing Cream, the lotion has controlled-release ingredients that continue to work for hours after you put it on. Most importantly, it features microfine zinc oxide as a natural broad-spectrum sunscreen. While a little sunshine can help clear up psoriasis, too much will lead to flare-ups. That’s why sunblock is essential.
3. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM Ultra Lightweight
Before you go to bed, smooth on the CeraVe PM lotion. It’s a lightweight version of the thick moisturizing cream. It works throughout the night to restore and hydrate your face. Plus, it has niacinamide which reduces irritation and redness.
4. CeraVe Psoriasis Moisturizing Cream
Our final choice from the CeraVe lineup is their Psoriasis Moisturizing Cream. It’s exactly what you need to resolve a flareup. It has 2% salicylic acid as well as 5% urea to soften scales and stop the flaking. But it also relieves itchiness and calms down inflammation. Some of the other key ingredients include niacinamide, ceramides, lactic acid, and meadowfoam seed.
5. Vanicream Skin Cream With Pump Dispenser
Vanicream large pump dispenser is packed with their gentle skin cream. It has a five-star rating from the National Eczema Association. It’s safe to use all over your body as well as your face. And it’s free of irritants like dyes, lanolin, parabens, formaldehyde, fragrances, and even masking fragrances.
6. EltaMD Intense Moisturizer
The EltaMD intense moisturizer literally melts into your skin, then continues to hydrate it for the next 12 hours. It’s mild enough to use on irritated areas even after you’ve had a procedure. All you need to do is apply it to damp skin.
7. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
The AM Therapy Moisturizer also sinks into your face just like their Intense Moisturizer does. But it has niacinamide to reduce redness and even out skin tone. Moreover, it increases cell regeneration throughout the day. The only thing it lacks is a sunscreen, but EltaMD makes one that’s a perfect companion for this product.
8. EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
The PM Therapy Moisturizer uses peptides, antioxidants, ceramides, and niacinamide to rejuvenate your face overnight. It takes advantage of the natural repair process that happens while you sleep. With regular use, it fades wrinkles and improves skin tone. It may help keep flare-ups from happening.
9. EltaMD UV Daily Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 40
Be sure to apply the EltaMD sunscreen with zinc oxide before you go outdoors. But it doesn’t just block ultraviolet radiation. It also hydrates your face with hyaluronic acid and neutralizes free radicals that cause skin aging, too.
10. Cetaphil Redness Relieving Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 20
Customers with psoriasis appreciate the Redness Relieving moisturizer from Cetaphil. It has a slight tint that evens skin tone. Plus, it has nourishing ingredients like caffeine, allantoin, and licorice extract. Of course, the mineral-based sunscreen won’t clog pores. And there are no artificial fragrances, phthalates, or parabens in the formula.
11. Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer
At nighttime, put on this Cetaphil moisturizer to continue to heal your skin while you sleep. It not only hydrates, but it also calms redness and irritation. The fragrance-free lotion makes your skin softer and healthier-looking by morning.
12. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry/Sensitive Skin, Fragrance-Free
Cetaphil’s Moisturizing Cream is mild enough to use on your face as well as the rest of your body. It’s free of artificial fragrances and non–comedogenic. Users with eczema love it. It attracts water, then locks in the moisture. As a result, it soothes itchiness even on very dry skin.
13. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
For an extra boost of moisture, try the Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream. It uses hyaluronic acid, olive extract, and pro-vitamins to rejuvenate dry skin while you sleep. This is good news if you need to soften scales and heal dry patches. Although it’s thick, it’s not greasy and it won’t clog pores. It also lacks a fragrance.
14. K Beauty Intensive Ceramide Face Moisturizer – Korean Skincare By EverGlam
The Korean company EverGlam makes an intense face moisturizer that revitalizes skin with ceramides, argan oil, squalane, and green tomato extract. This combination softens the skin without making it greasy. Therefore, you can wear it during the day or at night. Moreover, it’s popular among both women and men in Asia.
The ceramides prevent moisture loss while squalane moisturizes. Meanwhile, argan oil conditions and works in conjunction with green tomato extract to fight signs of aging.
15. Manuka Honey Cream – The Original UMF Certified Moisturizer by GoodOnYa Skin Care Products
Did you know that Manuka honey is used by doctors to treat infections? It fights strep, MRSA, and other bacteria that are difficult to heal. It’s also beneficial for treating psoriasis and other skin conditions.
This deliciously thick cream is pH-balanced to protect your skin. Additionally, it penetrates deeply so that it continues to work for up to 12 hours even after you wash your face.
16. Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer
When you’re dealing with a flare-up, it can be miserable. But the Dermarest psoriasis moisturizer is medicated with 2% salicylic acid plus a zinc complex. This combination stops the itching, softens the skin, and even helps remove scales. The formula is free of fragrances and recognized by the National Psoriasis Foundation.
17. Dr. Sheffield’s Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer Skin Cream
Dr. Sheffield’s medicated moisturizer also relies on 2% salicylic acid. This single ingredient softens and helps remove dead skin and reduce itchiness. You can apply the moisturizer up to four times a day on trouble spots.
18. Gold Bond Ultimate Psoriasis Relief Cream
Gold Bond’s Ultimate Relief Cream has the maximum concentration of salicylic acid that you can get without a prescription. (That’s 3% in case you were wondering.) It puts a stop to itching and softens scales. Just as important, it prevents reoccurrences.
19. Sebamed Extreme Dry Skin Repair Lotion 10% Urea
Sebamed’s extreme repair lotion relies on a concentration of 10% urea. That’s just what you need to smooth and soften your skin. Better yet, it immediately puts a halt to itching. Plus, urea increases hydration because it attracts water.
Although this lotion is for your entire body, it’s mild enough for your face. It has no artificial dyes, mineral oil, silicone, or PEGs.
20. Wild Naturals Eczema & Psoriasis Cream
The Wild Naturals cream is ideal if you prefer organic products. It uses medical-grade Manuka honey to heal your skin wherever it is on your body. And it’s pH-balanced at 5.5 so that it won’t cause irritation.
The fragrance-free moisturizer also contains aloe, known to be effective for treating dry skin. Plus, the non-greasy formula has no petroleum derivatives, parabens, or artificial dyes.
21. Era Organics Advanced Healing Non-Greasy Moisturizer with Organic Aloe Vera, Manuka Honey, Hemp Oil
Era Organics includes healthy, natural ingredients that restore moisture and encourage skin regeneration. It’s made to match the skin’s natural pH and it won’t clog pores. You can use it anywhere on your body as often as you need. It continues working for up to 12 hours after you apply it.
22. Aloe Infusion Body and Face Moisturizer
The Aloe Infusion moisturizer isn’t only for your face although it won’t clog pores. In fact, it can heal acne. And it has no artificial dyes, fragrances, or parabens. If you don’t love it, the company offers a full refund.
The quick-absorbing cream features aloe, shea butter, Manuka honey, Kukui nut oil, and other certified organic extracts. It calms inflammation and itchiness while it softens dry skin and speeds up healing.
23. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream, Extra-Dry Skin
Try the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel if you have extra-sensitive skin. It lacks things like parabens, oils, and artificial fragrances. Instead, it relies on glycerin, olive extract, and hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrates your face. It won’t clog pores but it will keep your skin soft and smooth. Moreover, you can wear it during the day or at night.
24. Christina Moss NaturalsFacial Moisturizer, Organic, and Natural Face Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive, Oily or Severely Dry Skin
The Christina Moss Naturals Face Moisturizer also lacks all the typical irritants that can lead to contact dermatitis and other problems. Furthermore, it’s cruelty-free. The natural fragrance smells like licorice and the gentle quick-absorbing formula won’t clog pores.
Highlights include certified organic components like aloe and plant-based oils like avocado, apricot, grape seed, and star anise seed oil.
We hope our reviews guided you to a new moisturizer for psoriasis on face. As you saw, there are several lotions and creams that relieve itching, stop the flaking, reduce redness, and help remove scales. Now we wish you the best of health. Check back soon to see new reviews of the best in skin care and beauty.
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
Having dry and wrinkled skin on your face can make you look older. In order to have a youthful appearance, you need to use a quality face moisturizer. Your skin will absorb whatever you put on it, whether it is[...]
Fungal infections are more common than you can imagine. Often times, we identify fungal infections with Athlete's foot. It is the kind of fungal infection we are all familiar with. While such foot infections are common, dealing with one is[...]
Skin moisturizers are a must to have in your makeup kit. Keeping skin hydrated can make you look fresh and youthful. The importance of skin moisturizer is very evident with the vast selection available in the market. Every brand is[...]