Last Updated on
When it comes to hair removal, you have a lot of options. But when you use one of the best epilators for women, you won’t need to repeat the process often. Removing hair by the root gives you four to six weeks before you need to do it again.
Using an epilator is similar to waxing, but less likely to cause irritation. That’s because epilation doesn’t pull off the top layer of skin as waxing does. Plus, with the right attachments, you can groom delicate and hard-to-reach spots.
We won’t lie to you. If you’ve never used an epilator before, it’s going to hurt the first couple of times. But you can compensate by applying a numbing cream beforehand. Or you can remind yourself that repeat epilations tend to hurt less.
- Best Epilators for Women (Ladies Top Picks for 2020)
- 1. Braun Silk-épil 7 7-521 Women’s Epilator
- 2. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator with Electric Razor – Bonus Edition
- 3. Philips Satinelle Prestige Epilator
- 4. Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator + Bonus Precision Perfect Compact Trimmer
- 5. Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401, Compact Hair Removal Epilator
- 6. Braun Silk-épil 3-3270 Women’s Epilator
- 7. Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator
- 8. Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver
- 9. Braun Epilator Silk-épil 9-890 SensoSmart Electric Shaver
- 10. Remington Smooth & Silky Total Coverage Epilator, EP7010E
- 11. Remington Smooth & Silky Deluxe Rechargeable Epilator, EP7030E
- 12. Epilady Speed Corded Epilator
- 13. Original Epilady Women’s Classic Coil
- 14. Electric Facial Hair Remover – Women’s Epilady Esthetic Generation 5
- 15. Braun Silk-épil 7 7/880 SensoSmart Epilator Silver
- 16. Emjoi eRase e60 Dual Opposed Heads 60-Disc 2-in-1 Electric Epilator Tweezer with Shaver/Trimmer and Sensitive Attachments
- 17. Remington Smooth & Silky Facial Epilator, EP1050CDN
- 18. Finishing Touch Flawless Women’s Painless Hair Remover
- 19. Gillette Venus Face Perfection Women’s Hair Remover for Power Micro-Hair Removal
- 20. R.E.M Spring Facial Hair Remover – The Original Hair Removal Spring
Best Epilators for Women (Ladies Top Picks for 2020)
Now let’s look at the top epilators for women. We hope our reviews guide you to one that suits your needs.
1. Braun Silk-épil 7 7-521 Women’s Epilator
Braun makes several different models of epilator. One of the main advantages of the Silk-épil 7 is that you can use it wet or dry. Usually, it stings less if you remove hair when your skin is wet, so the flexibility of this model is important. And if you pop on the massaging cap, the vibrations make it less painful still.
Next, it’s battery-operated but only takes an hour to charge. Then it’s good to go for 40 minutes of epilation. Moreover, the 40 small tweezers on the head can grasp and remove hairs as fine as a grain of sand.
Most of Braun’s current models feature two speeds, a pivoting head, and the Smartlight to help you see very fine hair clearly.
2. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator with Electric Razor – Bonus Edition
The Braun Silk-épil 9 includes seven extras in this bonus edition. They include a charging stand, a skin contact cap, a massage cap, a trimmer cap, a shaver head, and a facial brush. The epilator works wet or dry and is similar to the one above in its function. The company says you should get up to four weeks of smooth skin after using it.
Why choose this one? The big selling point is the selection of attachments. For example, if you don’t already own a Clarisonic cleansing brush, this all-in-one epilator gives you a chance to see what that would be like. The face brush gently exfoliates and deep-cleans your skin.
3. Philips Satinelle Prestige Epilator
In 2017, in a customer survey, the Philips Satinelle was the preferred epilator for sensitive places like the face and the bikini area. Of course, you can also use it anywhere on your body. And it works wet or dry.
One of the reasons that this epilator is so popular is because it has 32 micro-ridged ceramic tweezing disks that grab most hairs on the first pass without pinching the skin. It runs for 40 minutes on a charge and comes with a light plus other attachments.
4. Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator + Bonus Precision Perfect Compact Trimmer
The Satinelle Advanced functions as both a shaver and epilator. It works dry or in the shower for up to 40 minutes on a charge. This particular package comes with a travel pouch, five attachments, and a bonus standalone trimmer.
The epilator has a light to illuminate the finest of hairs. Like the other model above, it has ceramic tweezing disks and a wide head see you can get the job complete quickly and with as little pain as possible. Furthermore, it still removes hair even when it’s too short for waxing.
5. Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401, Compact Hair Removal Epilator
Yes, there is another version of the Satinelle. This one is the least expensive, but can still help you get both legs smooth in 10 minutes or less. The difference in price is due to the fact that this one is corded, so it must be used dry. Sadly, it comes with fewer attachments. But the head is washable, and those 21 tweezing disks pull out hair as short as half a millimeter in size.
6. Braun Silk-épil 3-3270 Women’s Epilator
Meanwhile, back to the next Braun Silk-épil…This less expensive version is recommended for your body and legs, not delicate or sensitive areas. The package includes a shaver head, massage cap, and a trimmer cap. It has two speeds and 20 tweezers along with a Smartlight to reveal fine hairs in awkward places.
7. Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator
Our next pick is the Braun Silk-épil 5, another inexpensive option if you don’t mind working with dry skin. This one is corded and works on any household voltage worldwide.
The 40 tweezers (twice what some of the battery models offer) grasp hairs as tiny as a grain of sand. That’s important if you prefer to keep your skin smooth. If you are waxing, you’d have to wait longer for hair to grow before you could remove it.
Like the other epilators from Braun, this one massages the skin as it works so that the sensation is more pleasant. You can choose from two speeds and relax knowing there’s no fear of cutting yourself or pinching your skin. The pivoting head ensures perfect contact on areas like armpits.
8. Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver
The Panasonic epilator is cordless, but it operates for only 30 minutes on a charge compared to 40 minutes for the ones from Braun. But when you consider the large head with 48 rotating tweezers, you won’t need more than half an hour to do your whole body. There are two speeds and an LED light to help you get the job done easier.
As a bonus, the shaver head gives you the option to trim and shape troublesome areas. Additionally, this package includes a pedicure buffer to remove calluses from your feet.
Should you decide you like this model, but want to spend a little less, consider the Panasonic packages with fewer attachments but the same epilator.
9. Braun Epilator Silk-épil 9-890 SensoSmart Electric Shaver
Go deluxe with the Braun Silk-épil 9. It’s the first with SensoSmart technology. This innovation means that you’ll know instantly if you’re applying the right amount of pressure. If the light glows red, you’ll know that you’re pushing too hard.
You can use this epilator wet or dry. The pivoting head, Smartlight, and micro-grip tweezers make certain you grasp every last hair without pinching your skin. Furthermore, the package comes with seven extras that we think are worth the investment. They include a body and face trimmer, a shaver head, a carrying pouch, a facial cap, and a skin contact to keep things sanitary.
10. Remington Smooth & Silky Total Coverage Epilator, EP7010E
Remington makes this inexpensive corded epilator that promises up to six weeks hair-free. It has a new design with comfort barrels on the head to prevent skin irritation. The two speed settings are appropriate for coarse or thin hair on your legs and body.
11. Remington Smooth & Silky Deluxe Rechargeable Epilator, EP7030E
If you prefer a cordless version, this rechargeable one from Remington works wet or dry. It has the same modifications to the head to prevent irritation (as compared to earlier models). There’s also a detail light, two speed settings, and a massaging cap with aloe to soothe the skin.
12. Epilady Speed Corded Epilator
The original epilator was released by this company, Epilady, in 1986. This corded model can do up to 31,000 tweezes per minute. You can use it on your upper lip, underarms, bikini area, legs, and more. But they don’t recommend it for your eyebrows. Use the lower speed setting for delicate spots.
13. Original Epilady Women’s Classic Coil
This Epilady looks different from all the others in our reviews today. It has a coiled spring on its face just like the original model from 1986. It’s gentle enough to use on your face and underarms but tough enough to deal with your legs. The coil rotates to give you “virtually infinite tweezes” per minute. There are no attachments to misplace – what you see is what you get.
14. Electric Facial Hair Remover – Women’s Epilady Esthetic Generation 5
Tired of peach fuzz? The Generation 5 Epilady is their newest version specifically designed for facial hair. They made it so that you don’t have to go over the same spot repeatedly to get hairs you missed. That practically eliminates irritation and redness. Also good to know, it runs on two AA batteries. It works on every skin tone and hair color. Again, just don’t use it around your eyes.
15. Braun Silk-épil 7 7/880 SensoSmart Epilator Silver
Here’s another version of the SensoSmart Epilator with seven extras including a sensitive cap to further protect delicate places. Customers comment that the battery life is outstanding and it’s practically painless. The guidance from the pressure light helps those new to epilation get the job done right.
16. Emjoi eRase e60 Dual Opposed Heads 60-Disc 2-in-1 Electric Epilator Tweezer with Shaver/Trimmer and Sensitive Attachments
Although this isn’t one of the familiar brands, the Emjoi eRase epilator is a top seller. Unlike all the others we’ve reviewed so far, this one features 60 tweezers on three discs. That’s 20 more tweezers than other models. And it removes tiny hairs as small as 0.3 mm in length. The dual opposed heads and Skin Glide Technology actually stretch the skin and lift hairs to do the job more gently.
There are two speeds for precision control. Plus, the box includes a shaver attachment. The only downside is that this is a dry epilator that’s corded.
17. Remington Smooth & Silky Facial Epilator, EP1050CDN
The Remington Smooth and Silky epilator is specifically for your face and detailing other spots. It runs on one AA battery and comes with a cleaning brush and protective cap.
18. Finishing Touch Flawless Women’s Painless Hair Remover
You may have seen this one on TV. The Finishing Touch Hair Remover is plated in 18K rose gold. It operates on one AA battery and promises to remove hair without causing redness or irritation. It’s made for lips, chins, and cheeks.
19. Gillette Venus Face Perfection Women’s Hair Remover for Power Micro-Hair Removal
Gillette also makes a facial hair epilator as part of their Venus line. It’s capable of removing teeny weenie tiny hairs down to 0.02 mm in size. Additionally, it feels like a mascara wand so it’s very easy to control around your eyebrows or anywhere on your face. Just pop in the battery and get to work.
20. R.E.M Spring Facial Hair Remover – The Original Hair Removal Spring
Those of you who prefer not to worry about replacing batteries, recharging, or plugging in will love this simple hair removal spring. It’s really only for facial hair. Although it takes a little practice to get it right, it has several advantages.
First, it’s easy to sanitize, very portable, and cheap to buy. Second, it lasts for years and it’s recyclable. Third, just bend the spring, twist the handles, and glide it up over your peach fuzz to make the hairs disappear.
We hope you found the perfect epilator today. It makes sense to try this method of hair removal as it can be less irritating than shaving, waxing, or using creams. And a top-quality epilator can cover every inch of your body and last for years of service.