Last Updated on
Hair removal is a time-consuming ritual. We go to great lengths to remove hair from all over our bodies, not stopping until our pins, pits and faces look middle-aged celebrity, post-surgery smooth. For those of us that get excess facial hair that we don’t feel like making into a permanent feature of our daily look, it might be time to consider a facial epilator.
Why an epilator? Well, quite frankly, when we are talking about the face, a razor just doesn’t cut it. We might be able to disguise a five o clock shadow on our armpits every couple of days, but when we are talking about our chin or upper lip, a more thorough and long lasting solution is preferable. Epilators work similarly to waxing as they pull out hairs from the root. This means that your skin stays smooth for up to 4 weeks. Epilators are made up of multiple pairs of tweezers that rotate on a head and grab each hair individually. For super sensitive areas like the face, this can actually be less painful than waxing. This is because wax can pull up skin cells along with the hairs leaving skin delicate, whereas epilators remove hairs only and protect the skin. They also allow for more precise hair removal in small areas and with time, help train hairs to grow back finer and less frequently.
So if you would like to try out a facial epilator, you are in the right place. We have put together a list of 10 of the top facial epilators on the market. Its time to stop feeling bogged down about your body hair, and wear some new found confidence! Read on for our recommendations.
- Best Epilator for Face (2020 Update)
- 1. Braun 3 in 1 Facial Epilator for Women, Facespa Pro 911 with Cleansing Brush and Skin Toning
- 2. ElectriBrite Mini Rechargeable Facial Epilator Hair Remover
- 3. Waltot 4 in 1 Rechargeable Epilator, Shaver, Razor and foot buffer
- 4. Remington Smooth & Silky Facial Epilator, EP1050CDN
- 5. Philips Satinelle Bre615 Advanced Hair Removal Epilator
- 6. E-Conoro 2 in 1 Cordless Epilator with Shaver , Electric
- 7. Emjoi Epi Slim Epilator – Battery Operated
- 8. Kibiy 3 IN 1 Cordless Epilator, Electric Shaver and Callus Remover Pedicure Tool
- 9. WADEO 5 in 1 Rechargeable Epilator
- 10. Emjoi Tweeze eRase e6 – Facial Hair Remover – Epilator
- What is an epilator?
Best Epilator for Face (2020 Update)
1. Braun 3 in 1 Facial Epilator for Women, Facespa Pro 911 with Cleansing Brush and Skin Toning
Brauns 3 in 1 facial epilation, cleansing and toning trio, is branded as the first ever device of its kind to keep your complexion in top condition. The facial epilator works to remove super short or fine hair, successfully pulling out hairs as short as 0.2mm. It can grab hair several times shorter than even a wax can remove, and has durable, long-lasting results. It is super slim with 10 micro-openings to catch hairs and it is easy to operate for precise hair removal.
The cleansing brush head is around 6 times more effective than a manual one, helping to remove makeup and deep clean the pores. The toning head helps apply serums and creams while the microvibration massager helps to tone and firm the skin.
- Facial epilating tool with 10 micro-openings.
- Rechargeable and cordless
- Comes with facial cleansing brush and toning tool
- Super slim epilation head for precision hair removal
- 3 in 1 facial beauty product
- Treatment timer that buzzes after 20 seconds to let you know to move on to a new area
- Higher price tag than many epilators on the market
- Can be painful, especially for first time users. This should improve with consistent use over time.
2. ElectriBrite Mini Rechargeable Facial Epilator Hair Remover
This mini 9-tweezer facial epilation tool is one of the best in terms of precise and effective hair removal from the root. The portable, cordless design is perfect while travelling and being on the move. The streamline design also fits perfectly in the palm of your hand allowing more control when epilating.
It has an inbuilt smart light to reveal even the finest hairs, helping to get the best results. The head is washable and can be cleaned in water. It also has a brush to clean the hair out of the tweezer head.
- Mini epilator for face and sensitive areas
- Cordless and rechargeable with 30 minute run time
- Non-slip design
- Slim design easy to target precise areas
- Portable and rechargeable make this best during travel
- Detachable and washable head is easy to maintain
- Cannot be used in the bath or shower
- The battery life is shorter than many other portable models
3. Waltot 4 in 1 Rechargeable Epilator, Shaver, Razor and foot buffer
If you are looking for one product that can remove hair from all over your body, including the face, check out the Waltot 4 in 1 hair remover. It has 4 different interchangeable heads, these are straightforward to swap. You have an epilation head that can get rid of hair from any area. You also have shaver and razor heads that can keep you neat and trimmed everywhere else. Finally there is a foot buffer to remove dry skin form your heels.
The hypoallergenic heads keep the epilating process clean and infection free. The device is also portable and cordless so you can move it around easily. Finally the price is great for those on a budget and will help you save money on razor blades or waxing in the long run.
- 4 in 1 epilation tool, shaver, razor and foot buffer
- Cordless design
- UV sterilized heads
- Lightweight and portable so great for travel
- One of the best prices
- Effective on all skin types
- Hairs on the face should be the suggested length for optimum results
- Wide epilation head can be too wide for some more delicate areas
4. Remington Smooth & Silky Facial Epilator, EP1050CDN
Do you want a small, specialist facial epilating tool that doesn’t break the bank? Check out the Remington 6-tweezer product, best at pulling out fine hairs on the face. The small, targeted size is perfect hair removal in precise areas, and getting rid of even the tiniest hairs that are stubborn and just won’t go.
The cordless design makes this super easy to operate, and it takes 1 AA battery to run. It also means it is perfect for taking away with you on trips as it is small, easy to carry and doesn’t even need a charger. It comes with a protector cap and cleaning brush too.
- Small facial hair epilator
- Cordless with charger
- Battery powered and 1 AA battery included
- Small head facilitates very precise hair removal
- Lightweight, portable and good for travel
- One of the cheapest options on the market
- Some people claimed the epilator broke many hairs
- Can cause ingrown hairs for some people, make sure to keep skin exfoliated
5. Philips Satinelle Bre615 Advanced Hair Removal Epilator
The Philips Satinelle Bre615 has a slim design and 2 precision caps making it one of the best facial epilators. It can be used all over the body but is particularly suited to sensitive zones. The rotating ceramic disks are specially designed to spin quickly and pull out more hairs from the root, while still being gentle on the skin. The precision caps, for delicate areas and the face, also mean you can target precise areas without any accidental (and painful) slips!
This can be used in both wet and dry conditions, warm, wet skin often allows a more comfortable epilating experience. The device is cordless and portable and has a battery life of around 40 minutes.
- Cordless, rechargeable
- 2 efficiency caps included
- 32-tweezer head
- Specially designed with sensitive areas and face in mind
- Removes hair up to 0.5mm
- Can be used in wet and dry
- Some people argue hairs were left behind, other epilators being more efficient in the same amount of time
- Can be painful and cause redness after use
6. E-Conoro 2 in 1 Cordless Epilator with Shaver , Electric
If you are considering a hair removing device that is effective but a bit less expensive, why not look at the E-Conoro 2 in 1 product? The 30-tweezer head, promises the same high quality removing of even the tiniest hairs (0.5mm) like many of the top designs, and has a smart pivoting head for an even closer touch. It is also great for use on the face and works to be less painful than many models.
It has 2 speed settings and can be used on wet or dry skin. The head is also detachable and can be washed in running water meaning maintenance couldn’t be easier. A shaver head comes with this purchase, which also gets rid of unwanted hairs and helps keep your whole body trimmed.
- Dual speed 2 in 1 product
- 30-tweezer epilating head and shaver head
- LED light so you don’t miss a hair
- The pivoting head follows the curves of the body to get hairs as short as 0.5mm
- Particularly suited to remove hairs on upper lip and chin
- Able to use in both wet and dry
- Can only be used cordless
- Epilating the face can be painful
7. Emjoi Epi Slim Epilator – Battery Operated
The super slim design of the Emjoi Epi Slim means it is one of the best at removing hairs with precision form hard to reach areas. It has just 18 tweezers in the head allowing you to be very specific with your hair removal, perfect on the upper lip or chin.
The battery-powered product means no chargers or cords necessary; it’s totally portable. It has Erase Glide Technology to lift up and remove hair as short as 0.3mm. Whats not to love?
- Battery-powered and super slim
- 540 tweezer actions per second
- 18-tweezer head
- Patented Skin Glide Technology lifts hairs and reduces pain
- Removes hair as short as 0.3mm
- Budget friendly
- Batteries not included
- Some people found they needed to hold skin taut for best results
8. Kibiy 3 IN 1 Cordless Epilator, Electric Shaver and Callus Remover Pedicure Tool
With epilating, shaving and foot buffing all rolled into one, you might be surprised by the low price of the Kibiy tool compared to similar products. It can be used all-over the body, but the face is specially highlighted.
The epilation head has 30 tweezers and a pivoting neck that facilitates closer hair removal. The shaver has hypoallergenic, stainless steel blades, and the powerful foot buff leaves your feet feeling smooth.
- 30-tweezer head
- Shaver attachment and callus remover pedicure tool included
- Both corded and cordless use possible
- All-body powerful epilation
- 3 in 1 tool including effective shaving and foot softening
- Pivoting head follows contours of the body
- Built-in light
- Long charge time of 8 hours, 40 minutes battery life
- Be aware of the pain in sensitive areas
9. WADEO 5 in 1 Rechargeable Epilator
5 in 1 hair removal system keeps your pins, armpits, face and whole body smooth for several weeks at a time. Enjoy epilation, shaving, massage, facial cleaning and callus removal all in one design.
It is waterproof so you can use it in the bath or shower, and the cordless design makes it perfect to take traveling.
- 5 different attachments in 1 tool facilitating thorough hair removal
- Waterproof and ok in wet and dry
- Cordless and rechargeable
- Lightweight, ergonomic design is easy to hold and take traveling
- Great tool even with sensitive skin
- Different heads are easy to change
- Takes 3 hours to charge for 60 minutes battery life
- Some people found the shaver attachment to be inconsistent
10. Emjoi Tweeze eRase e6 – Facial Hair Remover – Epilator
Cheap and cheerful, this specialized facial hair remover is super slim with just 6 tweezers. This allows for very specific and precise epilation in delicate, small and hard to reach areas.
The Erase Glide Technology means you can epilate in any direction, forwards, backwards or in circles while still being gentle on the skin. It can reach hairs as short as 0.3mm, so get ready for long-lasting results.
- 6-tweezer head, tweezers open and close 18 times per second
- Battery operated – 2 x AAA
- Erase Glide technology for multiple directions of use
- Small and slim for precision hair removal
- Gentle on the face
- Safety feature that automatically stops if pressed too hard on to skin
- Batteries not included
- Too small for effective use all over body
What is an epilator?
An epilator is an electronic hair removal tool. It removes hairs from the root which means the results can last around 4 weeks, similar to waxing. Epilating is unlike shaving which cuts the hairs at the skin’s surface. With a razor your hair may start to grow back after just a couple of days.
How does an epilator work?
Epilators usually have a rotating head that is covered in many pairs of automatic tweezers. When you hold the tool against your skin at a 90 degree angle, these remove hairs individually. With the number of tweezers and the speed of the tool, an epilating device removes hair a lot faster than standing in front of a mirror holding a pair of tweezers in your hand.
Does an epilator hurt?
Yes, unfortunately epilating can be quite painful. But don’t let it deter you. If you can get used to plucking your eye brows, or getting a wax, you will soon master epilation pain too. It’s worth the benefits. In fact, the more you do it the less painful it becomes so the sooner you get started the better it will be!
There you have it. 10 epilators for your face that we loved the most and that were brought to you by Amazon Services LLC Associates. Take a look at the awesome features of the products participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and find out which one will work best for you!