Would you like to have a brighter complexion? Perhaps smaller pores, healthier skin, and fewer fine lines, too? Then you need the best vitamin C serum for oily skin.
Topical Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) firms your skin by building collagen. More collagen means fewer wrinkles and fine lines. It also fades hyperpigmentation like acne scars and age spots. Finally, Vitamin C serum even prevents premature aging by protecting you against free radicals.
Regular use of Vitamin C serum strengthens your appearance to make it less prone to acne and irritation from the environment. Let’s start our reviews by looking at the best serums for not just oily skin, but all skin types.
- Best Vitamin C Serums for Oily Skin (2023 Reviews)
- 1. KLAIRS Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Drop
- 2. Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
- 3. Murad Advanced Active Radiance Vitamin C Serum
- 4. Valo Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail
- 5. Amara Organics Vitamin C Serum
- 6. TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum for Face
- 7. Paula’s Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster 15% Vitamin C
- 8. Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face
- 9. InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Vit E
- 10. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum
- Serums for Oily Skin
- 11. Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
- 12. Made in Utah Vitamin C Serum Face and Skin Rejuvenation with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E
- 13. Tree of Life Vitamin C Serum
- 14. TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum
- 15. Seoul Ceuticals 20% Vitamin C Hyaluronic Acid Serum + CE Ferulic Acid
- 16. Skin Beauty Solutions C E Ferulic
- 17. Vitamin C Serum by Go Radiance
- 18. Alina Skin Care Award-Winning & Dermatologist-Recommended Vitamin C Serum
- 19. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum
- 20. Claire-ity 25% Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E
- 21. Obagi Professional-C Serum
- 22. Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Face and Eyes by LilyAna Naturals
- 23. Vitamin C – Skin Clearing Serum by Eva Naturals
- 24. TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum
- Related Articles
Best Vitamin C Serums for Oily Skin (2023 Reviews)
As you shop for Vitamin C serums, be sure to read the label. The ones with fewer ingredients in the formula are the best for sensitive faces.
1. KLAIRS Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Drop
The Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Drop is perfect for skin that tends to react badly to potent products. It contains just 5% vitamin C, which makes it milder than other brands (which can be a benefit). In fact, the company recommends blending it with your usual face cream for the first few days you wear it. In that manner, your skin acclimates.
2. Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
The Mad Hippie serum has earned praise from Allure and Marie Claire as well as InStyle. But it’s not just beauty sites raving about it. The EWG (Environmental Working Group) Skin Deep database gives it a safe rating, too.
So what are the benefits of this serum? In the first place, it uses a stable kind of Vitamin C called sodium ascorbyl phosphate. Unlike some serums, it’s easy to absorb and won’t oxidize or spoil easily.
But there’s more to it. The formula has additional ingredients like botanical extracts, c e ferulic acid, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin E. Together these nourish your skin to give you a more radiant complexion.
3. Murad Advanced Active Radiance Vitamin C Serum
If you ask your dermatologist what serum they recommend, you might find that it’s Murad’s. That’s because it’s free of irritating chemicals but full of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. There’s also glycolic acid, a superior exfoliant for sensitive skin. It actually attracts moisture while it revitalizes your face.
4. Valo Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail
Valo Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail gets its kick from Arctic Cloudberry. This rare fruit has more Vitamin C than an orange. Plus, it’s one of the best Vitamin C serums for erasing fine lines and sun damage. Finally, you won’t have to worry about synthetic dyes, parabens, or mineral oil in this Vitamin C serum.
5. Amara Organics Vitamin C Serum
Amara Organics doesn’t use synthetic fragrances, dyes, or parabens. But their serum includes STAY-C 50, a lab-grown form of Vitamin C. That’s a good thing because it’s clinically proven to help with issues like hyperpigmentation and acne scars. The formula absorbs quickly and won’t leave your skin sticky or greasy. Try it knowing you can get a full refund if you’re not satisfied.
6. TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum for Face
The TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum checks a lot of boxes. First, it’s pH-balanced to not upset your skin. Second, the formula is made of 72% organic ingredients and cruelty-free. And third, it doesn’t have the same high price that some brands of Vitamin C do.
7. Paula’s Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster 15% Vitamin C
Smart shoppers have learned to trust Paula’s Choice products. To begin, the company explains the purpose of each ingredient in the formula on the label. It’s not just a confusing list of unpronounceable terms. Next, they avoid artificial fragrances and other allergens.
Their Boost serum features benefits like Vitamins C, E, peptides, and ferulic acid. It has a 3.0 pH so that it penetrates deeply into the skin. But you can help to get the best results by matching it with the right cleanser, exfoliator, and toner.
8. Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face
Radha Beauty builds its serum around the extremely stable and easily absorbed form of vitamin C called sodium ascorbyl phosphate. It’s formulated with added hyaluronic acid from plant sources. This mix provides just the right amount of skin-brightening Vitamin C and moisturization.
9. InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Vit E
InstaNatural’s serum is just what you need to clear up and prevent acne breakouts. But that’s not all it can help you with. It also smoothes fine lines and corrects discoloration. Besides brightening vitamin C, it contains both ferulic and hyaluronic acid to plump and strengthen the skin.
10. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum
Tired of having your eyes burn when you moisturize? The Perricone MD Vitamin C eye serum is tear-free. You only need to use it once a day to erase crow’s feet and dark circles.
Serums for Oily Skin
Now let’s move on to vitamin C serums for oily skin. They make sallow, dull skin more radiant and fade discoloration. Vitamin C can also heal and prevent acne while brightening the skin.
11. Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
If you’re new to using Vitamin C serums, this one from Mario Badescu is a helpful introduction. It has only 7.5% l ascorbic acid, just enough to get rid of dark circles while brightening skin tone. It also contains hyaluronic acid to fill out fine lines.
12. Made in Utah Vitamin C Serum Face and Skin Rejuvenation with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E
Are you frustrated with pimples even though you left your teen years far behind? Try the Made in Utah Vitamin C Serums. They tackle both signs of aging and acne. While witch hazel tones your skin and shrinks pores, Vitamin C evens your tone. At the same time, potent but lightweight moisturizers like aloe and hyaluronic acid refresh your face. The end result is less acne and fewer wrinkles.
13. Tree of Life Vitamin C Serum
Avoid chemicals with the Tree of Life serum. It’s formulated to be 72% organic and 98% natural to protect your health. It conditions your face with jojoba oil and hyaluronic acid. Those two ingredients in the formula can make your complexion less shiny. They moisturize in a way that comforts your skin without making it greasy. Moreover, witch hazel tightens your pores.
14. TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum
Have you ever tried tea tree oil to clear up pimples? The TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Serum has both Melaleuca and Vitamin C to zap your zits. While salicylic acid unclogs your pores and reduces inflammation, sulfur kills acne bacteria, too. This product is so potent that you only need to use it two or three times a week.
15. Seoul Ceuticals 20% Vitamin C Hyaluronic Acid Serum + CE Ferulic Acid
Find out why Korean beauty products are so popular. The Seoul Ceuticals serum mimics the SkinCeuticals’ CE Ferulic serums at an affordable price. They promise that within three weeks you’ll notice less acne, less discoloration, and smaller pores.
16. Skin Beauty Solutions C E Ferulic
Here is the original Skin Beauty Solutions serum that others try to copy. It’s the top-of-the-line choice of beauty experts. Three things make it magical. First, the effects last for 72 hours. Second, Vitamin C protects against environmental damage caused by the sun, pollution, and even infrared. And finally, it’s gentle enough to use after laser treatments.
17. Vitamin C Serum by Go Radiance
Attention thrifty shoppers: this serum comes in a bottle that’s twice the size of the competition. To your benefit, it’s cheap and effective. If you’re not sure that Vitamin C serums are for you, you won’t lose much money by trying this one. The key features include 5% hyaluronic acid plus an amino acid complex.
18. Alina Skin Care Award-Winning & Dermatologist-Recommended Vitamin C Serum
When you head into your 40s, switch to Alina Skin Care’s Vitamin C Serum. It prevents acne, improves skin tone, and firms up your complexion by stimulating collagen production.
19. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum
The Sunday Riley Rapid Flash serum is perfect for oily skin as it sinks right in and doesn’t leave a film. Within minutes, it shrinks pores and illuminates your complexion. What makes it effective is a special version of Vitamin C called THD Ascorbate.
20. Claire-ity 25% Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E
Clare-ity doesn’t dilute their serum’s potency with either alcohol or parabens. It has 25% Vitamin C to speed up collagen production. Additionally, witch hazel and rosemary clarify your skin and shrink pores. Then, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and aloe lightly hydrate your face. You can experiment with this one for up to 90 days as it comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
21. Obagi Professional-C Serum
Obagi’s serum employs 20% L-ascorbic acid, a version of Vitamin C that plays well with oily skin. The high concentration provides the potency you need to correct blemishes.
22. Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Face and Eyes by LilyAna Naturals
You don’t need a separate serum for your eyes if you use this one from LilyAna Naturals. It won’t cause tears or stinging. And it’s mild enough to use twice a day. The vegan Vitamin C formula is made in the USA and contains no fragrances, dyes, or parabens.
23. Vitamin C – Skin Clearing Serum by Eva Naturals
As long as you’re not pregnant, you can get maximum mileage from the Eva Naturals serum. It diminishes redness with niacinamide. Then, it deep-cleans pores and resurfaces texture with salicylic acid (see more) and Retinol.
24. TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum
Here’s another of TruSkin Naturals’ serums. The Plus version includes Retinol, salicylic acid, and niacinamide as well as botanical extracts like rosehip oil and organic aloe. It’s ideal for mature skin, especially for women dealing with peri-menopause.
Which Vitamin C serum for sensitive or oily skin caught your eye today? Let us know how it works for you. We’re always pleased when our reviews help shoppers find what they need.
Koren skincare has been taking social media by storm in the past years. Their skincare products have been flying off the shelves globally. One of the skincare products that is a total hit are the Korean toners. Korean toners hydrate[...]
It’s a beautiful day, the sun’s out. It’s the perfect time to get outside and catch some rays! Well, if you have tattoos, you might have to think twice before heading out the door. Sun exposure can cause your tattoos[...]
It’s a Catch-22. To prevent a flareup, you need to wear sunscreen. But some solar creams seem to make your condition worse. They have ingredients that trigger more flushing. You might even end up with pimples on top of the[...]