If you’ve done your research, you’ll know that titanium flat irons are the flat irons that conduct heat best and therefore heat up fastest and offer the most powerful straightening. But remember, with great power comes great responsibility. And if you use a titanium straightener, you must take care and precautions not to damage your hair. Ceramic plates, on the other hand, heat up more slowly and can maintain a more even heat, so it can be easier to avoid damage.
In general though, if you have long, coarse, or a lot of hair, titanium makes an excellent choice. Or even if you just prefer a faster heat-up time; titanium flat irons usually take between 15 and 30 seconds to reach maximum temperatures (long gone are the days of waiting 20 minutes for your chunky brick of a straightener to power up). Titanium hair straighteners are also generally very lightweight. This makes them easier to operate and good for taking with you on the move.
When it comes to reducing frizz and static, which material is best for your hair straightener? Frizz and static are caused by positive ions that open up the hair cuticle, usually where the hair is very dry. Many hair straighteners are able to emit negative ions, which close up the cuticles, canceling out the effects of the positive charge and reducing frizz and static. Although both ceramic and titanium plates can do this, titanium plates are known to release more negative ions and therefore work better combating frizz.
So, decided on a titanium iron? Good choice. Now you just need to choose which one. As there are so many choices on the market, we know this can be overwhelming. That’s why we have scoured the market and reviewed the top 10 titanium-plated devices out there. Take a look now!
- Best Titanium Flat Irons & Straighteners (2022 Update)
- KIPOZI Professional Flat Iron Titanium 1 Inch, Matte Black
- FURIDEN 2 in 1 Titanium Straightener and Curling iron
- 3 BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron
- KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener, 1.75 Inch Wide Black
- INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR 1 Inch Titanium Flat Iron, Extra-Long Plates, Rainbow Finish
- ROSILY Professional Salon Quality Flat Iron, 1.75 inch Extra-Large Nano-Titanium Flat Iron
- BaBylissPRO Nano-Titanium Prima
- Ovonni Nano Titanium Hair Straightener, 1.75 inch
- Sboly Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener, 1 Inch Plates
- FURIDEN Professional Titanium Flat Iron For Hair: 2 In 1 Straightening And Curling, 1 Inch Plates, Black
- Which titanium hair straightener is best ?
- How to straighten hair with titanium flat irons?
- Which is best titanium or ceramic straighteners?
- Related Articles
Best Titanium Flat Irons & Straighteners (2022 Update)
KIPOZI Professional Flat Iron Titanium 1 Inch, Matte Black
A straightener that promises a just-back-from-the-salon look. The Kipozi titanium flat iron helps to transform your frizzy, dull hair into super shiny and sleek cascading locks. How? It emits negative ions to help reduce frizz and draw the moisture out from your hair to keep it shiny and hydrated.
This flat iron reaches a maximum heat of 450F in just 15 seconds. There is a wide range of adjustable settings from 170F upwards, which means you can find a suitable temperature whatever your hair type, whether your hair is delicate or coarse, damaged or healthy. The advanced PTC ceramic heater facilitates a high heat while also keeping it regulated. Plates are 1 inch wide and have 3D floating technology for a smooth straightening experience that doesn’t pull or snag your hair. The narrow width also means that this device is suitable to use for curling as well as straightening.
Finally, the flat iron is easy to use. The temperatures can be adjusted easily to 3 heat presets with the preset button or it can be adjusted manually with the + and – buttons. The heat can be monitored on an LCD display. If you forget to switch off your device, don’t worry, it will turn off automatically after 90 minutes.
- 1 inch titanium plates
- Adjustable temperatures range from 170F to 450F
- LCD screen, long 8 foot swivel cord
- Special heating technology offers up to 80% less breakage during use
- Floating plate technology means plates are flexible and move with tension so they won’t pull and snag hairs
- Safety lock and carrying pouch make this a good hair straightener for on the road
- Some people felt the materials were not very robust
- Some people found the plates uneven when grabbing hair
FURIDEN 2 in 1 Titanium Straightener and Curling iron
For an exceptionally lightweight and easy to use device, check out the Furiden 2 in 1 flat iron in gold. The heat settings on the hair straightener are adjusted by simply rotating the twisting end of the device. Not only is this super easy, but you actually have a whopping 20 different heat options to choose from as well. The temperatures range up to 450F, and the thicker your hair, the higher heat you will probably need. To avoid damage, aim to use the lowest possible heat that will be effective for your hair. It heats up in just 15 seconds which will save you time in your morning routine.
This flat iron has floating plates to reduce tugging and pulling on your hair. This also helps you stay frizz and split end free. A cool feature of this design is that you can use the device as a straightener, or close the plates and wrap hair around them for use as a curling iron. Ingenious!
- Titanium plates
- Adjustable temperatures up to 450F
- LCD display
- Powerful heat-up means that you can get silky smooth results in just one pass of the flat iron
- Titanium technology helps retain moisture and keep your hair sleek
- Easy-to-use twist temperature mechanism
- People found the temperature adjuster was not well located and could be accidentally changed
- Some people struggled to use this iron for curling
3 BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron
If you are looking to invest in very high quality, professional titanium flat iron, check out this ultra-thin nano titanium model from Babyliss PRO. The great thing about this product is that it is super lightweight and slim, making it really easy to work with. Along with the 1 inch wide plates, this allows you to be very versatile and create amazing straight hair, or perfect waves more easily and without getting tired. The nano-titanium flat iron has extended 5 inch plates from previous models, allowing for faster straightening.
This Babyliss PRO flat iron also has one of the biggest heat ranges on the market with 50 different heat settings available. These reach a maximum of 450F meaning whatever your hair type, the Babyliss PRO will have the optimum heat for you, that will be effective while avoiding heat damage.
- Nano-titanium flat iron
- 1 inch wide and 5 inch long plates
- 50 temperature settings up to 450F
- Ultra-lightweight design makes this super easy to work with
- Ryton housing means the shell doesn’t heat up and won’t be hot to touch
- Ceramic heater allows for instant heat-up and recovery
- 120 Volt usage only
KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener, 1.75 Inch Wide Black
If you are looking for the hair straightener best for a faster straightening experience, you might consider this Kipozi model with 1.75 inch plates. These are wider than the standard 1 inch, covering more hair at once and making for faster straightening. They are good for people with a lot of hair or particularly coarse hair. However, not as wide as 2 inch models, you retain a little more versatility and can still use this straightener to style and add volume. Each plate has had precision melding so this hair straightener should glide easily over your hair with no snagging.
This flat iron has an adjustable temperature, from 170F to 450F, which you can adjust easily for different hair types. There is an LCD screen to monitor the heat as well. This flat iron is suitable for traveling, with dual voltage it can be used internationally, and it also turns off after 60 minutes of non-use, so you can have peace of mind about leaving it on in your hotel room. It also has an 8 foot swivel cord for easy angling and freedom when styling.
- Titanium plates
- 1.75 inches wide
- Adjustable temperature from 170F to 450F
- Wider plate means quicker and more efficient results
- Well-suited for traveling with international circuit and automatic shut off
- Affordable price
- Not best for curling
- Some people found this iron didn’t help frizz
INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR 1 Inch Titanium Flat Iron, Extra-Long Plates, Rainbow Finish
Looking for the best hair straightener to glide easily over your hair and provide a smooth finish? The Infinitipro has an amazing easy-glide surface for just that, and as an added bonus of having a rainbow colour finish! This flat iron has 1 inch plates, allowing versatility, as well as extra length for speedy straightening, great for longer hair. The flat iron generates negative ions which works to tackle and reduce frizz and flyaway hair, if you hear a soft clicking sound you know the ion generator is working!
This flat iron reaches a maximum heat of 455F and has 6 different heat settings meaning whatever your hair type, you can find the ultimate heat for you. The plates heat up in just 30 seconds using an efficient ceramic heater, but they also retain an even heat for the optimum heat when styling.
- Titanium flat iron
- 1 inch plates
- Heats up to 455F and has 6 different settings for different hair types
- Ionic technology reduces frizz
- Extra-long plates with an easy-glide surface for smooth straightening
- Auto shut off feature if you forget to switch this off
- Some people felt they didn’t think this flat iron was built to last
- Some people found the sharp angle in the hinge could trap and pinch skin on your hands when using
ROSILY Professional Salon Quality Flat Iron, 1.75 inch Extra-Large Nano-Titanium Flat Iron
Do you hate having to dry your hair fully before straightening? Ever wish you could jump out of the shower and start straightening right away? Well now you can! Not only does the Rosily professional flat iron work wonders on dry hair, you can also use it on wet hair! Just towel dry excess water from hair first. It has an innovative vent design which can direct away steam and leave your hair feeling smooth and straight.
The plates of this flat iron are nano titanium and work to leave your hair smooth and shiny. The plates are an extra-wide 1.75 inches in length which speeds up the process compared with other flat irons. This hair straightener has 5 adjustable temperature settings from just 300F up to 450F meaning you can find the perfect heat for all types of hair. The plates heat up in just 30 seconds with an advanced Metal Ceramic Heater, and maintain a stable heat throughout styling.
- Nano titanium flat iron
- Extra-wide 1.75 inch plates
- Heat range from 300F to 450F and 5 adjustable temperature settings
- Can be used on both dry and wet hair
- Floating plate technology for no pinching and tugging of hair
- Automatic shutoff after 60 minutes
- Some people found the handle heated up with the plates
- Some people found the straightener could get stuck in some hair
BaBylissPRO Nano-Titanium Prima
You can’t get much higher quality than the aircraft-grade warp-resistant nano titanium metal plates in this BaBylissPRO Prima flat iron. You can expect flawless, silky smooth results, amplified by the IonMultiplier technology which emits negative ions to reduce frizz, condition hair and add shine. The plates are 1.25 inches wide which allows for slightly quicker, more robust straightening. But they are still narrow enough to be very versatile with dual-styling for both curling and straightening.
The flat iron uses a dual-ceramic heating system to heat the device up to 20% faster. The plates reach top temperatures of 465F, higher than most other flat iron models, and also use FullWave Thermal science to maintain a consistent heat for optimum results. There is a digital temperature control so it is easy to select the ideal temperature for your hair. All these smart technologies do come with a price tag, this flat iron reaching the higher end of the cost scale.
- Nano-titanium plates
- 1.25 inch wide plates
- Adjustable temperatures up to 465F
- Aircraft-grade warp resistant nano titanium metal plates for highly efficient and instant heat transfer
- Releases negative ions which reduces frizz and helps achieve sleek results
- Versatile product good for curling and styling
- Some people found turning the device off more tricky as they had to hold down the button for several seconds
- Some people found the casing heated up and was hot to touch
Ovonni Nano Titanium Hair Straightener, 1.75 inch
For an affordable professional titanium flat iron, with plates that conduct heat more quickly than ceramic plates, why not consider this 1.75 inch plated OVONNI hair straightener. Two of the best things about this product are its size and the fact it can be used on damp hair. 1.75 inch plates allow for quicker, more efficient styling, and you can straighten hair straight after showering, making this one of the best hair straighteners to save time on your getting-ready routine. MCH heater can moisten your hair and transform frizz into sleek locks.
This flat iron has a range of heats from 300F to 450F, with suggested settings for all hair types; delicate , normal, wavy and coarse. It uses an MCH heater and heats up quickly in just 18 seconds, quicker than a typical ceramic flat iron. You can take this device traveling should you need as it has worldwide dual voltage. It also has an automatic shut off feature after 60 minutes of non-use.
- Nano titanium plates
- 1.75 inch plate design
- Adjustable heats up to 450F
- Can be used on dry or damp hair
- Wider 1.75 inch plate for quicker straightening
- Affordable price
- Size makes it difficult to use on shorter hair
- No LCD display for heat
Sboly Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener, 1 Inch Plates
The special far-infrared technology makes this one of the best titanium flat irons to say goodbye to frizz and damage. The plates release negative ions that work to keep your hair hydrated and frizz free. The floating plates also allow for smooth straightening without snagging which can help avoid split ends and damage. The 1 inch plates mean you have a lot of control when styling to create poker straight tresses, beachy waves, or styled flips. The maximum temperature of this flat iron is 410F with a heat up time of just 15 seconds and an LCD display. Titanium flat irons tend to heat up faster than a ceramic flat iron as they conduct heat faster meaning you can achieve a shorter styling time.
The design is compact and lightweight, good for taking with you on the go. It also comes with a velvet carry pouch for trips and there is a safety lock perfect for stowing this away in your bag. The 8 foot long swivel cord also allows you freedom to move around when styling and means you won’t get tangled.
- Titanium Iron 3D floating plates
- 1 inch titanium plate design
- Plates heat up to 410F
- Super fast heat-up time
- Infrared technology emits negative ions for smooth, sleek results
- Very budget-friendly
- Some people found it didn’t open wide enough
- Some people thought the device did pull hair a little
FURIDEN Professional Titanium Flat Iron For Hair: 2 In 1 Straightening And Curling, 1 Inch Plates, Black
If you are looking for titanium hair straighteners that are comfortable to use check out the FURIDEN Professional straightener. It uses human-factor technology specially designed to allow you to relax your arm when styling making it one of the most comfortable titanium flat irons out there. The plates are 1 inch wide but have an extra long design of 4.7 inches. The mirrored titanium plate design provides smooth straightening as well as sleek, frizz-free results. This titanium device also has a fast heat-up time of 30 seconds, quicker than many ceramic plates.
This device has a range of temperatures from 265F to 450F meaning it can be used for all hair types. The titanium product is also designed to help you avoid heat damage. The straightener is easy to use with simple on button and heat adjuster buttons. There is a cool invisible screen feature, that shows up only after you turn on the device.
- Titanium mirror design plates
- 1 inch plates
- Heat range from 265F to 450F
- Specially designed shape for comfortable straightening
- 6 month warranty
- Extra long plates for faster styling time
- More expensive than many models
- Some people thought the plates did not fit together in optimum position
Which titanium hair straightener is best ?
When choosing the best titanium flat iron, there are various factors to consider. Your hair type is important when defining the most appropriate titanium flat irons. For thin or damaged hair, make sure to choose a flat iron that’s made for fine hair, as it will have lower temperature options and consistent heat up to keep your hair protected. If you have hair that is harder to straighten, such as African American hair, you will need a higher heat.
If you want to say goodbye to frizz, choose a device that emits negative ions. If you want to save time, consider looking for a fast heat-up time or a model that works on wet and damp hair, or has a thicker plate. If you are looking for versatility for curling and styling, choose a model with narrower, 1 inch plates. You should find a range of the best titanium flat irons in this list!
How to straighten hair with titanium flat irons?
To get the best results with your titanium flat iron, make sure to straighten your hair in small sections. Clip up the top layers, and starting with the lower layers, take a small section, add heat protector, comb it out and run the straighteners over the section. The smaller the sections, the more easily they will straighten and you can avoid going over the same sections multiple times which helps avoid damage. Once done, repeat with a new section until complete.
Which is best titanium or ceramic straighteners?
Many people prefer Titanium flat irons as they conduct heat faster than ceramic ones so usually have a quicker heat-up time and more powerful results. Ceramic irons can retain a more even heat which can be better suited to thinner hair to avoid damage. Titanium flat irons tend to emit more negative ions which also makes them a good choice to reduce frizz and flyaway hair.
There you have it, now you have the tools and knowhow to decide which hair straightener is best for your hair. Just take your pick from the list above. Titanium is a powerful, versatile material that will transform your hair from frizz filled curls to sleek and straight in no time. Or create smooth curls, volume or elegant style (see the best flat irons for curly hair). Time to make the most out of your hair!
You gain weight, get food cravings, feel exhausted, and might not feel good about how your body looks. All these things tend to happen when you’re pregnant. Pregnancy comes with a host of body changes as the baby develops, and[...]
It's not that dye doesn't work on synthetic hair. The fact is that these processed fibers don't have the natural pigment in human hair, so the hair dyes we use on human hair don't work on synthetic fibers. So, can[...]
If you want to have hair that turns heads, the first thing you need to do is take proper care of your scalp. In case you are wondering how to do that, I am here to tell you that it[...]
Categories: Hair Care