Last Updated on
Once you leave your youth behind, it’s smart to switch to the best night creams for people in their 30s. You need more than a moisturizer now. The reason for this is that your skin has begun producing less collagen and elastin and setting you up for wrinkles.
Crow’s feet are one of the first signs as the skin around the eye is thinner. But the right night cream can smooth things over and prevent discoloration, too.
Experts recommend switching to a night cream with anti-aging ingredients like hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, retinol, and peptides. While you sleep, the cream should take maximum advantage of the skin repair cycle to keep your complexion healthy.
For example, hyaluronic acid is one of the best humectants to hydrate your face without making it greasy. It holds up to 1000 times its weight in water (1).
Next, retinoids are derived from Vitamin A, and they encourage skin cells to regenerate. They promote the growth of collagen. Over time retinol can diminish discoloration and erase fine lines and wrinkles (2).
Meanwhile, antioxidants like Vitamin C and E help your complexion recover from exposure to smog and UV radiation. You can also boost collagen and improve your skin with aloe vera, algae, and ginseng (3).
Stars like Keira Knightley, Chrissy Teigen, and Ashley Tisdale who have entered their 30s have shared what products they use for skin care with sites like People.com. It’s easy to see they understand the importance of caring for their complexion and preventing premature aging.
- Best Night Creams for 30s
- 1. Seaweed Night Cream by Mario Badescu
- 2. RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Retinol Night Cream
- 3. SkinCeuticals Renew Overnight
- 4. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
- 5. Eye Cream Moisturizer by LilyAna Naturals
- 6. CeraVe Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide | Fragrance-Free
- 7. Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream Facial Moisturizer with Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Complex
- 8. Clarins Multi-Active Night Cream
- 9. Neutrogena Hydro Boost
- 10. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair
- 11. Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream
- 12. Eve Hansen Vitamin C Night Cream
- 13. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
- 14. Cleure Hypoallergenic Anti-Aging Night Cream
- 15. Lanoline Night Recovery Crème
- 16. Night Cream by Olay Total Effects
- 17. Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Moisture Cream
- 18. Merlot Moonlight Radiance Night Cream
- 19. iS CLINICAL Reparative Moisture Emulsion
- 20. L’Oreal Paris, RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream Moisturizer
- 21. Clinique Smart Night Custom-Repair Moisturizer
- 22. Paula’s Choice-DEFENSE Nightly Reconditioning Moisturizer
Best Night Creams for 30s
Let’s take a look at the top night creams for women in their 30s. We hope our reviews make it easier to find what you need.
1. Seaweed Night Cream by Mario Badescu
Mario Badescu blends the best of two continents by creating solutions like the Seaweed Night Cream. The company’s products draw from European tradition and American technology to create high-end products in deceptively simple packages.
This cream is lightweight and non-greasy, but it will make your face look dewy fresh in the morning. It contains bladderwrack, a mineral-rich algae that rejuvenates dehydrated skin. There’s also sodium hyaluronate, collagen, and elastin to plump out those fine lines.
2. RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Retinol Night Cream
RoC’s Correxion night cream is a popular choice with a patented retinol formula. It’s proven its worth in clinical trials as it visibly reduces the appearance of deep wrinkles within 12 weeks or less. It’s even undergone a year-long clinical study that shows that its benefits never taper off. This is the product to grab if you’ve waited too long to switch to a better moisturizer.
3. SkinCeuticals Renew Overnight
SkinCeuticals put a 10% hydroxy acid blend in their overnight moisturizer. It exfoliates dead cells to resurface your complexion while you sleep. At the same time, chamomile, aloe, and evening primrose oil ensure that you wake up with smooth, soft skin that’s well-hydrated.
4. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
LilyAna Naturals takes the sting out of using retinol by blending it with natural moisturizers like aloe and shea butter. The majority of the ingredients are organic and very nourishing for the skin. The light fragrance comes from the botanical components, not chemicals. Moreover, this is an excellent choice if you’re struggling with adult acne or scars.
5. Eye Cream Moisturizer by LilyAna Naturals
Pair this eye cream with the retinol moisturizer above to give your face a makeover each night. It won’t sting or make your eyes water. It will firm up the skin to erase crow’s feet and eliminate circles and bags. Some of the highlighted ingredients include rosehip seed oil, hibiscus flower, and essential vitamins for cellular repair.
6. CeraVe Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide | Fragrance-Free
CeraVe is convenient if you have sensitive skin. The fragrance-free formula is not greasy and perfect for normal to oily skin. It has essential ceramides that restore your skin’s natural barrier against moisture loss and pollutants. There’s also hyaluronic acid to attract moisture and niacinamide to reduce redness.
7. Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream Facial Moisturizer with Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Complex
Aveeno ventures away from their typical oat-based formulas to this one with blackberries and vitamins. Clinical tests reveal that it actually does improve fine lines and firm up the skin. It stimulates the production of elastin and collagen and restores moisture.
8. Clarins Multi-Active Night Cream
The primary ingredient in the Clarins Multi-Active night cream is organic California poppy extract. No, this moisturizer won’t make you high. But it is rich in essential nutrients that fight the effects of pollution and fatigue.
9. Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost may not have everything you need to avoid getting wrinkles. But it is very good at hydrating the skin. It’s full of hyaluronic acid that literally behaves like a sponge to soak up water. Moreover, the gel texture is soothing and cool and free of artificial dyes and fragrances.
10. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair
Would it make you feel better to know that Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Repair made a visible difference in 100% of the women who tested it? It only took a week to smooth lines and wrinkles and fade age spots.
The pump bottle contains Accelerated Retinol SA, a glucose complex, and hyaluronic acid. Together, these ingredients will rejuvenate your complexion so that you will never look your age.
11. Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream
Murad’s Youth Renewal uses Retinol Tri-Active Technology that releases this key ingredient throughout the night. The cream also has red algae extract that’s packed with peptides to improve elasticity. The end result is a brighter complexion with fewer lines.
12. Eve Hansen Vitamin C Night Cream
Eve Hansen’s night cream has a 10% concentration of vitamin C. This vitamin helps the skin to recover from sun damage and prevents free radicals from aging cells.
Other highlights include organic aloe, sunflower seed oil, and shea butter. There are no harsh ingredients like parabens or phthalates.
13. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
Cetaphil is another option for those with ultra-sensitive skin. While it doesn’t specifically focus on anti-aging benefits, it does rehydrate and calm irritation. Some of the key components include olive extract, a pro-vitamin B complex, and hyaluronic acid. It’s fragrance-free and tested by dermatologists to be hypoallergenic.
14. Cleure Hypoallergenic Anti-Aging Night Cream
If you’re aware of the EWG’s Skin Deep Database, you know that they rate products based on the toxicity of their ingredients. Cleure’s night cream has a very low hazard rating as it lacks all the typical allergens and chemicals that interfere with hormones. Try it if you need a mild solution for skin that’s become more sensitive as you age.
15. Lanoline Night Recovery Crème
Lanoline’s cream comes from New Zealand. It’s made with evening primrose oil, rosehip oil, and lavender. These natural ingredients restore elasticity and soothe away the stress of the day. The formula is free of parabens but does contain a fragrance.
16. Night Cream by Olay Total Effects
Olay’s Total Effects may be a drugstore product, but it covers all the bases for a lower price. While you rest, it exfoliates dead cells, smoothes wrinkles, and replaces moisture. Use it on both your face and neck to get the most from the VitaNiacin Complex and antioxidants.
17. Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Moisture Cream
The Night-A-Mins Cream from Origins includes time-released ingredients that work throughout the nighttime. Not only does it refine your complexion, but it also diminishes acne. Exfoliants and moisturizers plus vitamins and minerals refresh your face while the enjoyable aroma helps you relax.
18. Merlot Moonlight Radiance Night Cream
Merlot’s night cream takes advantage of peptides and grapeseed to resurface the skin. It contains Matrixyl-3000, a patented anti-wrinkle component that stimulates collagen production. It also has Argireline which is sometimes called “Botox in a jar.” That’s because it tricks the muscles in the skin, so they don’t contract. The end result is smoother skin (4).
19. iS CLINICAL Reparative Moisture Emulsion
The iS Reparative Moisture Emulsion is a favorite tool used by a celebrity groomer who works with Justin Bieber. Not only does it reduce adult acne, but it strengthens the skin and repairs it. The label lists ingredients like peptides, antioxidants, and pharmaceutical-grade botanical components.
20. L’Oreal Paris, RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream Moisturizer
L’Oreal’s RevitaLift features Pro-Retinol to erases fine lines and prevent wrinkles while Centella ensures that your skin stays hydrated. Even after using it just once you should notice that your face looks and feels refreshed and firmer. Within four weeks, you should see more dramatic results.
21. Clinique Smart Night Custom-Repair Moisturizer
Clinique’s Smart Night Moisturizer comes in three different versions for different skin types. One is best for dry skin while the other two cover other complexions. But all three are non-greasy and free of perfumes and parabens. And they all smooth fine lines and leave your face luminous in the morning.
22. Paula’s Choice-DEFENSE Nightly Reconditioning Moisturizer
The DEFENSE moisturizer from Paula’s Choice explains the purpose of each of its ingredients on the label. Some of those components include superfoods like algae, wild cherry, and arugula that nourish the skin just like the rest of the body. Moreover, the formula protects against and reverses damage caused by blue light from screens.
What new night cream are you going to try? We hope we inspired you to get what your complexion needs right now. There’s no need to fear aging. You can still look and feel your best with a little care and commitment.