Last Updated on
Acne-prone skin deserves tender loving care. It needs to be hydrated just like the rest of your body. While creamy, thick oils are out of the question, there are still plenty of moisture-boosting options. The best night creams for acne-prone skin will soothe, nourish, and enhance the natural beauty of your skin while you rest.
- Best Night Creams for Acne-Prone Skin
- 1. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
- 2. Eve Lom Time Retreat Intensive Night Cream
- 3. Clarins Multi-ActiveNight Cream
- 4. Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream
- 5. Kate Somerville RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream – Anti-Aging Treatment
- 6. Clinique Repairwear Sculpting Night Cream for Women
- 7. Murad Perfecting Night Cream, 3: Hydrate/Protect
- 8. Shiseido Night Care White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Gel W For Women
- 9. REN Clean Skincare V-Cense Revitalising Night Cream
- 10. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream
- 11. Fresh’s Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask
- 12. Laneige Renewal – Water Sleeping Mask
- 13. Bliss What a Melon Overnight Face Mask Reviving & De-Stressing Facial Mask Straight-from-the-Spa
- 14. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Night Cream Treatment
- 15. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating Moisturizer
- 16. Vitamin C Night Cream For Skin Repair by Eve Hansen
- 17. Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Moisturizing & Nourishing Night Face Cream
- 18. Night Cream by Olay, Regenerist Night Recovery Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer
- 19. Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream
- 20. Mario Badescu Chamomile Night Cream
- 21. Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream
- Why you need a night cream for acne-prone skin
Best Night Creams for Acne-Prone Skin
1. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
Cetaphil is one of the top brands recommended by dermatologists to people with sensitive skin. Their Hydrating Night Cream contains hyaluronic acid, one of the best ingredients to restore your skin’s natural moisture.
The formula not only hydrates, but it also strengthens the skin’s natural barrier to protect against signs of aging. The vitamin-rich cream won’t clog pores or cause irritation. Instead, the fragrance-free moisturizer nourishes your face so that you wake up looking younger than when you went to bed.
2. Eve Lom Time Retreat Intensive Night Cream
Eve Lom’s Time Retreat cream repairs dry and damaged skin overnight. It performs this miracle with wild indigo seed extract that holds cortisol production. Cortisol increases in the skin due to stress, fatigue, and pollution. But cortisol creates more acne, so it’s essential to put a stop to it.
Next, this intensive night cream reduces redness and irritation by increasing beta-endorphins to soothe the skin. Plus, while peptides erase fine lines, squalane moisturizes and shrinks inflamed blemishes. Hyaluronic acid and aloe also add moisture; then shea butter prevents dehydration.
3. Clarins Multi-ActiveNight Cream
The Clarins night cream works for women and men. It makes your face feel silky soft by morning. Moreover, the gentle moisturizer with organic California poppy extract shouldn’t irritate adult acne.
4. Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream
Caudalie uses the powerful anti-anti-aging ingredient resveratrol to re-sculpture your face during the night. It helps to regenerate the skin to give you a facelift along your jawline and cheekbones while you sleep. Users comment that with regular use, their pores look smaller, age spots have faded, and fine lines are diminished.
5. Kate Somerville RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream – Anti-Aging Treatment
The RetASphere night cream from Kate Somerville erases wrinkles with retinol. Within four weeks, clinical studies revealed that 96% of users saw measurably better firmness and elasticity. This is no surprise as esthetician Kate Somerville has worked with celebrity skin for more than two decades.
Part of the reason why this cream is so effective is that the retinol is delivered within a lipid shell that melts into the skin. Moreover, since retinol can be drying, seaweed extract and hyaluronic acid improve hydration levels.
6. Clinique Repairwear Sculpting Night Cream for Women
Clinique’s sculpting night cream improves moisture levels and firms skin. But this silky gel won’t clog pores and doesn’t feel greasy.
7. Murad Perfecting Night Cream, 3: Hydrate/Protect
The Murad Perfecting Night Cream speeds up cell turnover to help your skin look younger as soon as possible. It also improves texture by restoring suppleness and moisture. The American-made formula has been tested by dermatologists to be safe for sensitive skin. And it contains essential skincare ingredients like vitamin E, fatty acids, green tea, and sunflower oil.
8. Shiseido Night Care White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Gel W For Women
This moisturizing gel from Shiseido is lightweight as it glides onto your face and sinks in quickly. But its deceptively simple appearance hides the fact that it treats multiple problems. First, it contains vitamin C to fade hyperpigmentation and tranexamic acid to prevent discoloration. Next, it retextures and moisturizes the skin. Finally, it repairs damage from UV exposure.
9. REN Clean Skincare V-Cense Revitalising Night Cream
The REN V-Cense night cream reduces inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and signs of aging with a host of powerful ingredients. It has frankincense, vitamin C, orange fruit extract, Shea butter, Beta-carotene, and more. Each morning you should awake with your skin revitalized and renewed to face the day.
10. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream
The buttery Ultra Repair Sleeping Cream from First Aid Beauty has an apt name. That’s because it fixes several problems at once. While it intensely moisturizes with sodium hyaluronate, it also firms saggy skin with a glutamine blend derived from flowers. Furthermore, it calms irritation with colloidal oatmeal and defends it with niacinamide. Also importantly, this rich moisturizer lacks irritants like parabens, lanolin, alcohol, propylene glycol, mineral oil, petroleum, and phthalates.
11. Fresh’s Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask
Instead of a night cream, try the firming mask from Fresh. It contains fermented black tea and blackberry leaf extract to turn back the hands of time. These ingredients neutralize free radicals that damage the skin. But the inclusion of peptides, hyaluronic acid, and Belle de Nuit extract plump away fine lines and dryness.
12. Laneige Renewal – Water Sleeping Mask
The Water Sleeping Mask from Laneige is a favorite of customers with eczema. That’s because not only does it hydrate the skin, but it also eliminates redness and irritation. This Korean-made night cream also relaxes you for bed with a blend of pleasing aromas.
13. Bliss What a Melon Overnight Face Mask Reviving & De-Stressing Facial Mask Straight-from-the-Spa
Bliss’s overnight face mask contains concentrated lycopene, an antioxidant that restores your skin to health. But there’s also oat kernel extract to soothe, rice bran extract to remove redness, and electrolytes that protect against free radicals. Additionally, it resolves dry skin with tiny molecules of sodium hyaluronate that holds up to 1000 times its weight in water.
14. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Night Cream Treatment
Neutrogena’s Retinol Night Treatment is a lightweight cream that absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel greasy. Of course, it’s free of artificial fragrances, alcohols, and oils. But it’s just what you need to ward off fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. Not only does it have the effective ingredient Retinol, but it’s also packed with vitamins and moisturizers.
15. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating Moisturizer
The name “Drench” says it all. The hydrating moisturizer from Peter Thomas Roth is lightweight enough to use morning and night. Even users with oily skin report that it makes their face feel fresh and supple. It’s non-greasy and works great under makeup.
Some of the highlighted ingredients include sodium hyaluronate, ceramides, vitamins C and E, olive leaf extract, and antioxidants from black elderberry extract.
16. Vitamin C Night Cream For Skin Repair by Eve Hansen
If you want a simple solution for your skin, try the Vitamin C Night Cream from Eve Hansen. It heals damaged skin, evens skin tone, and softens it to help you look your best in the morning. It also reduces dark circles and sun spots.
This popular moisturizer is made with both natural and organic ingredients including aloe, sunflower seed oil, vegetable glycerin, and 10% vitamin C.
17. Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Moisturizing & Nourishing Night Face Cream
If you’re a fan of natural options, try the night face cream from the Neutrogena Naturals line. It restores dull, dry skin to a youthful appearance. And 97% of the formula consists of naturally-derived ingredients plus vitamins A, C, and E.
Users with sensitive skin will appreciate the fact that the cream is free of parabens, sulfates, petroleum, dyes, phthalates. It won’t clog pores, and it’s been tested against allergens.
18. Night Cream by Olay, Regenerist Night Recovery Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer
The Olay Regenerist Night Cream is a top-selling night cream. The creamy texture penetrates ten surface layers deep to make your skin more elastic and plump. Plus, the amino-peptide complex works on the surface to erase wrinkles. Yet it provides these benefits without breaking the bank.
19. Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream
If you spend time in the luxury beauty section, you’re sure to run across options from Mario Badescu. The Seaweed Night Cream is designed to rejuvenate oily, combination, and sensitive skin. That’s because it not only moisturizes with sodium hyaluronate, but it also nourishes your face with bladderwrack seaweed. This natural component is full of essential vitamins and minerals.
But it’s not just moisture you need if you want to look dewy fresh. The formula also provides elastin and collagen to restore firmness and elasticity.
20. Mario Badescu Chamomile Night Cream
The Chamomile Night Cream from Mario Badescu reduces redness with Vitamin A and chamomile extract. In fact, it may improve the appearance of your face soon after you apply it. Furthermore, it softens and calms sensitive, dry skin.
21. Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream
Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream contains Clary Sage. If you’re not familiar with this ingredient, it’s excellent for helping the skin to retain moisture. Moreover, the cream is 98.9% natural and safe for all skin types. It doesn’t have phthalates, parabens, or petroleum.
Why you need a night cream for acne-prone skin
Night creams address different concerns than daytime moisturizers. Typically, they provide intense hydration and concentrated ingredients to fight signs of aging and other concerns. Also, they take advantage of the fact that your skin regenerates the most while you sleep.
After that, acne-prone skin tends to be sensitive, red, and either too dry or too oily. The best way to manage it is to keep it well-hydrated without using pore-clogging oils. With a high-quality moisturizer at night, you’ll soothe your skin and slow down the need for oil production.
The best night creams for acne-prone skin will help you enjoy a radiant face in the morning. As you can see, you have a wide selection to choose from even if your skin tends to be sensitive. We hope you found the perfect moisturizer to meet your needs today. Night cream not what you’re looking for? Click here to see other options.