Last Updated on
Blackheads. Pesky little black-tipped spots that lurk in the pores of your nose. However rigorous your daily cleansing routine, blackheads can start feeling like that annoying friend that just keeps hanging around.
Unfortunately, blackheads are one of the most common skin complaints. They form with the buildup of dirt, make-up and dead skin that clog up the openings of hair follicles. Every hair follicle contains an oil-producing gland that creates sebum to keep the surface of our skin soft. When the follicle gets clogged, the blockage eventually creates a blackhead.
It can be tempting to prod at your blackheads. But you can end up doing more harm than good if you don’t go about removing blackheads properly. You don’t want to end up scarring the skin surface or bursting a blood vessel from squeezing.
Luckily for you, technology has progressed past squinting into the mirror and squeezing at your nose with your fingers. Nowadays you can buy specialist blackhead remover tools and suction extractors that work wonders at pulling those suckers out from the root. And they actually work.
In fact, to help you find the best tools and treatments on the market, we have reviewed the top blackhead removers. Check out the quick comparison table below to see out favorite picks or keep reading to see all the mini-reviews.
- These are the Best Blackhead Remover Products in 2020
- 1. Visual Blackhead Remover Pore Vacuum
- 2. June Julien Facial Pore Cleanser Electric Acne Comedone Extractor Kit
- 3. Black Charcoal Mask – Face Peel Off Mask
- 4. Anjou Blackhead Remover Comedone Extractor
- 5. QQcute Blackhead Remover, Electric Vacuum Suction Pore Cleaner
- 6. Aliceva Black Mask, Blackhead Remover Mask
- 7. Blackhead Remover Pimple Extractor Tool, Terresa 8pcs Blackhead Extractor
- 8. Bioré Nose Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, 6 Count
- 9. Vassoul Blackhead Remover Mask
- 10. Blackhead Remover Vacuum – Pore Cleaner Electric Blackhead Suction Facial Comedo Acne Extractor Tool
- What to consider when buying blackhead removers
- Related Articles
- Popular Articles
These are the Best Blackhead Remover Products in 2020
1. Visual Blackhead Remover Pore Vacuum
If you suffer with blackheads and want a sure-fire way to remove them, you might have considered a pore vacuum tool. The super-powerful Visual Blackhead Remover Pore Vacuum has 3 different settings. The lowest will clean up any makeup residue in your pores, the second is for cleaning acne, and the most powerful should lift out blackheads.
To use you just hold the machine over the affected areas and keep it moving around in a single horizontal direction. The key is to not leave it on any one area of the skin for more than 3 seconds as this could cause red marks. These tools are most effective if you open and loosen your pores beforehand with a steamer, hot towel or in the steam from a bowl of boiled water.
- 5 Megapixel Camera
- AI Intelligent Algorithm
- Built-in 1800mAh rechargeable battery and working time up to 150 minutes
- Upgraded strong suction for effective blackhead removal
- Adjustable modes for different skin functions
- The timer function allows you to control the risk of using it too much
- If you have sensitive skin the tool may leave some red marks
2. June Julien Facial Pore Cleanser Electric Acne Comedone Extractor Kit
The multi-functional June Julien Facial Pore Vacuum is an ideal tool to remove spots, target acne, smooth and rejuvenate. It has four different heads, ideal for different needs; a small circular head for sensitive skin areas, a big circular hole for the T-zone, an oval hole for fine lines and wrinkles, and finally a head especially to remove dead skin from the surface. There are five adjustable strength levels to work well for all different skin types; sensitive, dry, natural, oily and mixed.
For best results, again it is good to use a steamer or hot towel beforehand to loosen the pores. To use just choose your required power level and move the tool back and forth around your affected pores. Try to keep it moving without leaving it for long in the same place to avoid red marks or bruising the skin. Finally, apply cool water or an ice towel to close pores back up.
- 150-minute battery life
- Effectively removes blackheads, and can even smooth and rejuvenate skin
- High technology device with 4 different heads
- 5 strength settings for different skin types
- The body of this product is not waterproof
3. Black Charcoal Mask – Face Peel Off Mask
If you prefer to tackle your blackheads with the top beauty products that you can build in to your skin care routine, why not try this deep cleansing activated charcoal peel-off face pack? This is a multi-purpose treatment that deep cleans your pores to combat blackheads, acne and blemishes, but it also helps rejuvenate tired skin, for a firmer and younger looking skin. The formula applies smoothly and leaves your skin feeling super soft. It doesn’t contain harmful chemicals.
It is super easy to use too, just wash or cleanse as normal and then apply a small dollop to the face, nose and neck. Wait 10 to 20 minutes to allow the activated charcoal to do its magic and then for the fun part. Pull off the facepack from the bottom and it should come off in one piece taking blackheads and impurities with it.
- Activated charcoal
- Peel-off face pack treatment removes blackheads, targets acne and minimises pores
- Easy to use smooth on formula
- Budget friendly
- Some people with sensitive skin found the peeling off a little painful
4. Anjou Blackhead Remover Comedone Extractor
Do you always find yourself picking at your skin and spots with your fingers? The Anjou blackhead removing kit provides 6 different tools to deal with impurities. Not just blackheads, but also acne, whiteheads, comedones, and pimples. This kit is a more hygienic way to get rid of blackheads as you won’t be transferring bacteria from your fingers to your skin.
The tools included are different sized bottlenecks, needles, and tweezers. You can use the bottlenecks to isolate the blackhead and apply pressure to squeeze it out. Always disinfect tools beforehand. For best results, you should cleanse your face and remove dead skin cells first. Ideally, also open pores with a hot towel or in a hot shower, and tighten them after with cold water and toner.
If you are looking for an affordable, more precise way to target blackheads this could be a great choice.
- 6 different metal tools for blackhead removal and tackle clogged pores
- Comes with leather package to store the tools
- Comes with detailed user guide
- Hygenic way to deal with spots and impurities
- Precision tools to remove blackheads with varying sizes of heads
- Budget friendly and can be reused infinite times
- It can take a little while to learn how to use the tools effectively and safely
5. QQcute Blackhead Remover, Electric Vacuum Suction Pore Cleaner
Do you have sensitive or normal skin? This blackheads remover will give your skin a deep clean without irritating. It is an electric pore cleaner that sucks up blackheads and dirt from your face like a vacuum cleaner.
With four different power settings, it can be used on varying skin types, and the highest setting reaches maximum power of 65Kpa. As well as blackheads this beauty tool can remove whiteheads, dead skin, oil and the remnance of your makeup. If you use it regularly for a sustained period of time you may also see improvements in your skin elasticity, reducing the sign of fine lines and wrinkles.
This product is made from all eco-friendly ABS material, it has USB charging and is easy to carry around. Overall this is a great product to try for beating those blackheads and healthy looking skin.
- USB rechargebale, no batteries
- 4 power levels to suit your skin type
- Effectively gets rid of blackheads and skin impurities
- Combats signs of aging
- Helps reduce oily skin
- Can leave red marks on the face after
6. Aliceva Black Mask, Blackhead Remover Mask
The bamboo and charcoal formula of the Aliceva peel off face pack works to both remove blackheads while at the same time softening and detoxifying your skin. You apply an even layer to a clean face and leave it to dry for around 20 minutes. The treatment hardens and tightens on the skin so when you peel it off it pulls up and takes the impurities and blackheads with it. The charcoal has great absorption properties which helps with stubborn blackheads removal, deep cleaning of the pores and the removal of excess oil.
This product is great for all types of skin but especially for greasy and combination skin. The product has no harsh chemicals, dyes or parabens so it shouldn’t be irritating on the skin. They even have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- Black charcoal
- Black charcoal helps to effectuate a deep clean of your pores and pull up blackheads from the root.
- No harsh chemicals and dermatologist tested
- Good for all types of skin
- Some people struggled to peel off the face pack
7. Blackhead Remover Pimple Extractor Tool, Terresa 8pcs Blackhead Extractor
Another zit removing kit but this time with 8 surgical steel instruments to tackle all your skin problems. The metal is dermatologist grade so they are safe to sterilize and won’t corrode, irritate the skin or encourage infection. They are also easy to clean and store.
The tools can be used to remove blackheads, whiteheads, acne breakouts, and for safely popping blemishes. The handles have a special anti-slip design so you can easily vary how much pressure you apply and achieve more precise control when pushing out your black tipped friends.
Many people prefer this method to others as you can target super stubborn spots that you may not otherwise reach. It is also a super affordable kit which will save you money on professional treatments, and even on restocking on used up products.
- 8 blackhead remover tools
- Handy leather bag to carry your tools in
- Instruction Manual
- Variety of tools to remove blackheads and tackle other problem skin
- Anti-allergic metal
- Handle grips for maximum precision
- Cheap price
- Some people felt the design of the tools was too flimsy
8. Bioré Nose Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, 6 Count
If you have a problem with blackheads on your nose you may have considered trying pore cleansing strips. These Boiré nose strips are a super effective, and satisfying, way to quickly unclog those pores. They use patented C-Bond Technology to act as a magnet to spots but not skin.
Just smooth the strip over your nose or face, leave for 10 minutes and when you pull it off, the sticky strip will pull the blackheads right out with it, deep cleaning the affected area. This will reduce the look and size of your pores leaving you with a smooth and clear skin tone. You can use these strips once a week and they are great for any skin type. These are the perfect product to build into your beauty regime.
These strips are dermatologically tested, oil-free, vegan, hypoallergenic, and cruelty-free so as well as not irritating your skin, you can feel great about using them.
- Includes 8 nose strips
- Can target specific areas to remove stubborn blackheads
- Removes excess oil
- Reduces pore size with continuous use
- They are small so you can not do your whole face at one time
9. Vassoul Blackhead Remover Mask
If you are looking for a multipurpose product, the Vassoul face pack, as well as being one of the best blackhead removers, brightens, firms and moisturizes skin that needs a lift. It also works to remove stubborn oil spots. The treatment also encourages circulation in the face also helping give your skin that healthy glow.
Wash your face beforehand and leave the product to dry for 10 to 15 minutes. It will tighten as it dries and when you peel it off it will pull up all your facial impurities and you should see the tips of your blackheads on the dried face pack.
- Rubber Latex
- Specially designed to pull up impurities from the root and you can see spot tips left behind
- Easy to use
- The smell can be a little chemical
10. Blackhead Remover Vacuum – Pore Cleaner Electric Blackhead Suction Facial Comedo Acne Extractor Tool
Have you been looking for the best blackhead remover but are worried about hurting your skin? Try the I-MILY latest generation pore vacuum tool that is specially designed to pull out stubborn blackheads without hurting or damaging your skin.
With 4 different heads as well as 5 different settings you will be able to find the sweet spot for your skin type and the best power level for your skin.
- LED Screen
- 4 changeable heads
- 5 power settings
- Portable and rechargeable
- Effective removal blackheads
- Doesn’t hurt the skin
- Plumps and rejuvenates tired skin
- Some people found the head too big
What to consider when buying blackhead removers
What is the best product to get rid of blackheads?
The best products for removing blackheads are products that can unclog your pores by pulling blackheads out from the root such as electric pore vacuums, peel-off face packs or nose pore strips. You can also utilize precision metal tools to squeeze them out with pressure or for something less drastic consider salicylic acid face cleansing products.
How can I get rid of blackheads on my nose?
Using weekly pore strips is good way to target the blackheads on your nose. Vacuum tools are also effective and peeling face packs. Make sure you also exfoliate regularly and deep clean your pores.
Do blackhead vacuums really work?
Vacuums can be very effective but for best results you should apply a hot towel over your face to open and loosen pores first. Otherwise they can prove stubborn to pull up.
As we all have hair follicles we can all easily fall victim to blackheads, but now you have the tools and know how to tackle them head on (see what I did there?). Which one will you choose?
Related ArticlesView All Posts
Koren skincare has been taking social media by storm in the past years. Their skincare products have been flying off the shelves globally. One of the skincare products that is a total hit are the Korean toners. Korean toners hydrate[...]
It’s a beautiful day, the sun’s out. It’s the perfect time to get outside and catch some rays! Well, if you have tattoos, you might have to think twice before heading out the door. Sun exposure can cause your tattoos[...]
Is there a way to erase wrinkles and firm sagging skin without surgery? Perhaps there’s something more powerful than creams and serums? As a matter of fact, the best at-home anti-aging devices are effective against fine lines, wrinkles, and crepey[...]
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
How do you know which are the best essential oil brands for your money? After all, this is an industry that isn’t regulated by the FDA. Oil quality can vary based on the distillation process of each company. Does the[...]
If you suffer from dark spots on the skin (hyperpigmentation), sometimes it can feel like everyone is looking at them. Luckily they aren’t dangerous, but they can be a bother in public. Especially when they occur on the face and[...]
You’ve enjoyed your dip powder nails for a few weeks now, but the time has come to remove them. Lucky for you, you don’t have to visit a salon to take off your manicure. You can remove SNS nails at[...]
Fine hair refers to the thickness of your individual hair strands. If you have fine hair, I'm sure you go through ups and downs with it. On some days you probably rejoice in the fact that it is easy and[...]
Blackheads. Pesky little black-tipped spots that lurk in the pores of your nose. However rigorous your daily cleansing routine, blackheads can start feeling like that annoying friend that just keeps hanging around. Unfortunately, blackheads are one of the most common[...]
Do you wish you had a magic eraser for your face? Those laugh lines and dark spots are proof that you have a lot of stories to tell. But if you’d rather keep your age a secret, then a foundation[...]
Acne-prone skin deserves tender loving care. It needs to be hydrated just like the rest of your body. While creamy, thick oils are out of the question, there are still plenty of moisture-boosting options. The best night creams for acne-prone[...]
Battling with bad skin and breakouts? Does greasy skin leave you pimple-prone? If so, salicylic acid might just be your new best friend. And your spot's worst enemy. Many people struggle with spots, pocks, and persistent skin trouble. These can[...]
If you get an oily scalp like me, you will probably marvel at those people that can wait five days between hair washes. While, let’s face it, us oily-scalpers are every-other-day-hairwash people at best. And an oily scalp often means[...]