Many people would argue that nebulizing diffusers are the king of all oil diffusers. That is because they disperse pure essential oils, use no heat, no water, and no plastic parts. This means that the health benefits of the essential oils are maximized, the oils are not diluted and there is little to no waste. The integrity of the oil is also preserved unlike some other diffuser types, such as heat diffusers, where the chemical make-up of the oils can become altered in the diffusing process.
Nebulizers diffuse essential oils using just pressure and air. This disperses a fine, even mist of concentrated essential oils into the air. A bit like a perfume bottle. This can then be absorbed quickly and effectively into the body from the air for prime health benefits, both mental and physical.
So if you are on the market for an oil diffuser, it is definitely worth considering a nebulizing diffuser. Many aromatherapists won’t use any other type due to their superiority. But which one to choose? Look no further. We have reviewed the top nebulizers on the market so you don’t have to. Take a look below.
- Best Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffusers in 2022
- Raindrop 2.0 Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy by Organic Aromas
- ArOmis Aromatherapy Professional Grade Essential Oil Nebulizing Diffuser
- Opulence – Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser with White Ceramic Base and Touch Sensor Light Switch
- TOMNEW Portable Aromatherapy Diffuser and USB Car Diffuser for Travel/Car/Office/Bedroom/Yoga/Gift
- Two Scents Raindrop Nebulizing Diffuser by Vinevida with Wood Base and Glass Top
- Caseceo Wireless Essential Oil Aromatherapy Nebulizer diffuser
- UONE Aroma Essential Oil Nebulizing Diffuser made for Aromatherapy with Touch Button Timer and 7 Color LED lights
- Organic Aromas 2.0 Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser – Light Colored Wood Base and Glass Reservoir with Touch Sensor Light Switch
- Exquisite Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy by Organic Aromas – White
- Emma Waterless Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser and Ambient Night Light by ZEIGGA LAB
- What is the best nebulizing diffuser?
- Is a nebulizing diffuser better?
- What essential oils help breathing?
- How often can you use a nebulizer?
- How many drops of essential oils do you put in a diffuser?
- Related Articles
Best Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffusers in 2022
Raindrop 2.0 Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy by Organic Aromas
For the ultimate relaxing aromatherapy experience try this beautiful raindrop nebuliser with a light wood base. The diffuser boasts being whisper-quiet as well as having a smart LED light built in. The silence helps keep your house a tranquil haven and the lights emanate a carousel of calming rainbow mood-lighting to complete the calming experience. Many aromatherapy or healthcare professionals use this diffuser for its high quality and quietness to run.
The diffuser itself is made from two parts; a clear reservoir of glass with a candle wick top sitting on top of the trendy light wooden base. The glass top is a nice alternative to plastic, as glass isn’t corroded by essential oils the way plastic is after some time. It also does not release any hazardous chemicals into the air throughout its life. Generally when dealing with essential oils, it is best to avoid plastic entirely. Glass products help you to avoid any negative health benefits.
The nebulizer essential oil diffuser is easy to use, just add your preferred amount of essential oil drops into the reservoir and place the top on. Then set the timer to run the diffuser. Usually around 15 minutes will do the trick so you don’t waste any oils. It has adjustable settings depending on how intense you want your scent to come out. The product is also easy to set up and clean.
- Chargeable power cable
- Adjustable settings
- LED rainbow light
- Hardwood base and glass dome reservoir
- 5 inches by 9 inches
- Effective diffusion without heat or water
- Attractive light color wood base and glass top
- Comes with a one year free service and parts warranty
- People complained the nebulizer left a light film of oil over surfaces
- Some people complained of mist escaping from the sides of the diffuser
ArOmis Aromatherapy Professional Grade Essential Oil Nebulizing Diffuser
With natural type wood and and a hand-blown glass reservoir, the ArOmis Aromatherapy diffuser is both beautifully crafted as well as containing no polluting plastics like an ultrasonic diffuser. As the materials will not be corroded by the essential oils over time, the longevity of the product is increased. This makes it a solid premium-quality investment for your home, yoga studio or office.
To use, simply attach the glass bottle to the wooden base and plug the machine in to the power supply. Add between 15 and 20 drops of your favorite pure essential oil to the glass section. Then just replace the glass top on the bottle and select your diffusing level with the power button. And voilá! This diffuser unit includes a new timer function offering a 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off function. The maximum running time is around four hours, after which the unit automatically shuts off.
You can easily adjust the intensity of the aroma to fill just a small or area up to somewhere sized 30′ x 30′. This product claims it will last a long time, just make sure you keep the unit clean and maintained regularly.
- Adjustable aroma intensity
- 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off timer function
- Long life expectancy
- Wood and glass, no artificial materials
- Elegant design
- Some people claimed that the unit was quite noisy to operate
- This needs regular cleaning to keep it working successfully
Opulence – Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser with White Ceramic Base and Touch Sensor Light Switch
For one of the most unique, high quality aromatherapy diffusers, try the Opulence premium nebulizer with a touch sensor light.
The hand crafted ceramic base along with hand-blown glass reservoir gives the diffuser unit its unique shape. The ceramic base is also covered with a specialized glossy coating to avoid any off-gas. The product uses pressure to break down the particles of pure essential oils and disperse them into the air so your body can absorb them easily. Again you will need no water, heat or plastic to work this diffuser and make sure to use pure essential oils. It is advised not to use synthetic oils with this diffuser so make sure to check which oils you buy!
This product is paired with an LED mood light which turns on with smart touch sensors. As well as being functional and working in harmony with the oil diffuser it also gives the product a modern feel and look.
This diffuser is easy to use and has a run time of 2 hours after which it will automatically shut off. The running cycle operates for 2 minutes and then turns off for 2 minutes. It is quiet to run compared with many other nebulizing diffusers which is a big plus. It is also simple to maintain, the manufacturers recommending to rinse it weekly with isopropyl alcohol. This should extend its life.
This diffuser is slightly more pricey than some on the market. However, if you are unsure about testing the product, don’t worry, as there is one year free parts and service warranty. They even welcome you contacting them directly at the manufacturer to deal with any problems.
- Nebulizer essential oil diffuser
- 2 hour run time with 2 minutes on, 2 minutes off
- LED light with touch sensor switch
- Effectively and evenly distributes aroma around the room
- Modern aesthetic
- Quiet to run
- You must make sure to use pure essential oils only and no synthetic ones as this can affect how the nebulizer works
- Some diffuser reviews comment that the light is always on by default with no option to turn it off
TOMNEW Portable Aromatherapy Diffuser and USB Car Diffuser for Travel/Car/Office/Bedroom/Yoga/Gift
Do you ever wish you had a diffuser on the move to infuse that stinky car, liven up your office or help you relax after a long day travelling? Well, look no further, the TOMNEW portable diffuser is lightweight, easy to carry, and can be used on the move. With the USB cable design, this unit is particularly suited for use in the car as it can be charged in a car port. Oils can also help revive you and provide health benefits on a long drive.
There are 2 adjustable mist modes, one continuous mode for an intense aroma burst and another that works 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off. There is a timer function and after 1 hour the nebulizer will shut off automatically. Therefore it is safe to fall asleep with it on.
This nebulizer is easy to use. First turn the aluminium cover anticlockwise, add preferred amount of pure essential drops into the bottle, click the base and body together and then replace the cover, turning it back in a clockwise direction. To run, just plug in with the USB port, press the button once to activate continuous spray, again for the intermittent spray setting and a third time to turn it off.
So if you are looking for a nebulizer essential oil diffuser that you can use anywhere, the TOMNEW USB nebulizer could be the best option. It is also very reasonably priced, and a more economical option than some of the bigger essential oil diffusers on the market.
- 4.72 x 1.77inches
- USB power cable
- Aluminium alloy shell
- 2 adjustable mist modes
- easy to carry
- Protective and attractive aluminium shell
- Can be used anywhere – especially in the car
- No essential oils included with the purchase
- You may find a light layer of residual oils in the device but the company assures this just means it has been tested effectively
Two Scents Raindrop Nebulizing Diffuser by Vinevida with Wood Base and Glass Top
If you are looking for a powerful essential oil nebulizer that can make big spaces smell wonderful in minutes, check out this raindrop nebulizer by Vinevida. It can fill a large room with aroma in a short space of time, perfect for yoga, or physical therapy studios, or anyone at home with a large living area or many feet of space. It claims to do this better than any ultrasonic diffuser. This nebulizer also has a built-in mood light in various colors, so along with the powerful diffusing, it becomes one of the best ways to create that perfect aromatherapy atmosphere.
This nebulizer is plastic free and made from high quality materials. The base is made from a light-colored hard American Beech wood with a reservoir of hand blown glass on top. This means the oils are not compromized and you get their full undiluted benefits. Try Vinevida’s various suggested blends to gain different benefits such as energizing, germ-fighting, relaxing or sleep-aiding.
This nebulizer is branded as whisper-quiet so should run with minimal noise disruption to help maintain your tranquil atmosphere. The reservoir has a 30 ml capacity although you can add anywhere from just a few drops to start using the nebulizer. The running cycle of this nebulizer is 3 minutes on, 5 minutes off, and it will automatically shut off after 2 hours.
- AC wall adapter and USB power cable
- Running cycle of 3 minutes on, 5 minutes off
- Wooden base and reservoir of blown glass
- High-quality materials and plastic free
- Powerful diffusing properties
- Modern design
- Responsive customer service team
- Good value for money
- Some reviews found the nebulizer to stop working but usually this was down to it being clogged . Customer service seem responsive however and often leave a reply saying to clean it out, and the problem was usually resolved
- Some people claimed it was quite noisy to run
Caseceo Wireless Essential Oil Aromatherapy Nebulizer diffuser
Modern, compact and available in an array of fun colours, this wireless rechargeable aromatherapy nebulizer is one of the best products for on the move. If you like to use a diffuser in the car or want to use your nebulizer both at home and in the office, this nebulizer could be perfect for you. Or if you move around to practice yoga or visit various holistic or physical therapy studios, you never know when you might need one.
So the nebulizer is wireless and rechargeable, but how long does it actually last? Well, the powerful battery has a continuous run time of 24 hours so you have a good long while to diffuse. It can also be charged from any USB port making things super simple.
This nebulizer has three different adjustable mist modes, giving you choice when it comes to intensity. Either 15 seconds on and 165 seconds off, 30 seconds on and 150 seconds off, or finally 60 seconds on and 120 seconds off. The unit will also turn off automatically after 2 hours of use.
- 24 hour battery life (includes 1 Lithium ion battery)
- 3 different diffusing modes
- Touch power switch
- 1-year warranty and lifetime customer service
- Stylish design and choice of various colors
- Long battery life
- Some people found it noisy
- The automatic shut off after 2 hours means you can’t leave it running for longer periods
UONE Aroma Essential Oil Nebulizing Diffuser made for Aromatherapy with Touch Button Timer and 7 Color LED lights
Looking for the best compact nebulizer essential oil diffuser? This small but powerful nebulizer breaks down essential oils, dispersing an even mist into the air, easily filling up to multiple feet of space. Unlike an ultrasonic diffuser that dilutes essential oils with water, nebulizer diffusers release pure, full-potency essential oils that can be absorbed and inhaled by the body to gain amazing therapeutic benefits. Not to mention filling the room or space with an amazing scent.
This model comes with LED lights and has the option of 6 different colors so you can create any atmosphere to go with your chosen scent. As this nebulizer small, you can easily move it around and display it rooms even when you don’t have much space. It is made from all natural, high-quality materials which allows the unit to last longer as the materials won’t break down in contact with the oils like other diffusers that use plastics. As well as serving this function, the light wooden base and glass dome reservoir have a natural, minimal design, so they look great on your shelf too.
The mechanism is simple to use. Just use the modern, built-in touch button to choose your light setting. The nebulizer will run for 2 minutes at a time, and then have 1 minute off, and it will turn off automatically after 2 hours. Add around 15 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oils to the reservoir and turn on the mechanism. It should be quick to fill up the surroundings with an amazing aroma, that’s a great thing about nebulizer diffusers.
- 2 minutes on, 1 minute off
- Automatic turn off after 2 hours
- Wooden base with reservoir of glass
- LED light built in
- 6.3 inches x 4.7 inches
- Compact design
- 7 different light color settings
- Simple touch button
- 30 day refund with no questions asked and 2 year factory warranty
- You can’t run the light separately to the diffuser, although you can diffuse with the light turned off
- There are some mixed reviews where some people had problems with the diffuser clogging and turning off
Organic Aromas 2.0 Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser – Light Colored Wood Base and Glass Reservoir with Touch Sensor Light Switch
A lovely, uniquely shaped nebulizer oil diffuser. The sleek design has a modern aesthetic with a light wooden base and glass bottle reservoir. There is also a dark wood version. The wood is 100% whole plantation hardwood that has been treated with a layer of laquer so the nebulizer won’t off-gas. Like other nebulizer diffusers you will find no plastic parts, which can give out toxic chemicals when they react with the oils. The fact nebulizer diffusers use no water means the chemical make-up of the oils is not compromized and it won’t start growing mold or anything like that.
This diffuser works by using a hard-wearing air pump that atomizes the oils into micro-particles. The pump is claimed to be super quiet so it shouldn’t be too noticeable while the contraption runs. The product also boasts high power and a wide reach of aroma, despite the small size. In fact the diffuser should fill spaces up to 800 square feet by 70 plus square feet.
As well as diffusing oils this product includes an LED rainbow light. This can be turned on or off and there are a range of color settings. The light switch is controlled by a touch sensor switch which is easy to use and gives it a modern feel.
The diffuser is easy to maintain but remember to clean it out with isopropyl alcohol every week to keep it functioning at its best and extend its life. If you are worried about the quality, you can rest easy as there is a 1 year free warranty on maintenance and parts.
- 5 inches by 9 inches
- Base of wood and reservoir of glass
- LED rainbow carousel light
- Small powerful nebulizing diffuser, great for aromatherapy
- 1 year free parts and service warranty
- Attractive modern design
- No plastic, no water, no heating
- You shouldn’t use thick essential oils with this nebulizer essential oil diffuser or carrier oils which could clog the mechanism
- Some people complained of a hum while the diffuser operated
- Some people had trouble with the sensor switch
Exquisite Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy by Organic Aromas – White
This conical glass diffuser is arguably one of the most attractive on the market, like an elegant perfume bottle. The base is wooden but comes in a clean white that can easily fit into the aesthetic of any room. There is also a bold red version available.
This longer, thinner design compared with many other nebulizer diffusers can also be easier to store for some people, as it can fit on gaps in your shelves or side table without taking up too much surface space. This doesn’t reduce the quality and intensity of the oil’s scents though, which remain powerful. They are produced with an air pump that uses pressure to break down the oils’ particles and disperse them around the room.
This model also includes a white LED light which can be turned on or off. It also adds to the classy, minimalist look of this particular diffuser.
Using the diffuser couldn’t be simpler, add 25 to 50 drops of the oils into the reservoir, which is made from glass.
- 5 inches by 9 inches
- Diffuses on an intermittent cycle 2 minutes on, 1 minute on
- Automatic turn off after 2 hours
- Powerful nebulizer essential oil diffuser for fast, strong aroma
- Quiet running sound
- Attractive clean design
- Has a small neck opening so some people found it hard to add the oils without spilling or using a dropper
- You need more drops than some other diffusers which can end up being more pricey
Emma Waterless Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser and Ambient Night Light by ZEIGGA LAB
If you are looking for a diffuser that combines therapeutic benefits with practicality, the Emma diffuser could be the best one for you. As well dispersing fragrance it also doubles up as an attractive night light. It’s perfect for setting up an environment to relax in, especially if you don’t have a lot of space.
Just like other nebulizer diffusers, this one involves no water, heating or plastic. It does however still emit an intense fragrance, more powerful than that released by ultrasonic diffusers. This diffuser is made from wood and handmade ceramic.
This Zeigga Lab product is easy to use, just add between 10 and 20 drops of essential oils into the reservoir and let the contraption work its magic. The mist dispersing function works on a timer cycle with 1 minute on and 2 minutes off. After 2 hours the diffuser will shut off automatically. The LED light also has 3 brightness settings so you can create the best atmosphere for your mood. This is also one of the best prices you will see for nebulizers, which although are one of the pricier diffuser types, are usually worth the investment.
- Multi-use side switch to control lamp and diffuser settings
- Automatic running cycle: 1 minute on, 2 off
- 2 hour dispersing function
- Power adaptor charger plug
- Double purpose diffuser and ambient night light
- Attractive minimalist design
- Releases a potent fragrance
- 1 year free parts and service warranty
- Too much oil can impact how it is atomized so make sure not to add too much
- Can’t leave the diffuser running over 2 hours as it has automatic shut off
What is the best nebulizing diffuser?
It depends on your criteria but most nebulizing diffusers work in the same way. They are all heat, water and plastic free and disperse essential oils using pressure. Think about size, aesthetic and shape when choosing your diffuser. You can get wireless, portable ones if you move around a lot, as well as ones with in-built colored or white lights. Take a look at the list above for some of the best nebulizing diffusers on the market. Have a look for products with a warranty too to make sure you get the most out of your purchase!
Is a nebulizing diffuser better?
In short, yes. Nebulizer diffusers are the preferred diffuser types of many people, including many aromatherapy professionals. That is because they use pure essential oils, unlike ultrasonic diffusers for example where the oils are diluted with water, or heat diffusers where the integrity of the oils can be changed. It means that the benefits of the oils are better with nebulizing diffusers and the aromas stronger. Some people, however, may prefer to increase the life of oils by diluting them or prefer to pay less for another diffuser type.
What essential oils help breathing?
The properties of various essential oils can help clear your airways and facilitate easier breathing. Peppermint can be helpful for this and Bergamot, Lavender, or Chamomile oils can help soothe the mind and body to enable more focussed, full breathing.
How often can you use a nebulizer?
It is recommended not to turn your diffuser on much more than 3 times a day, each time for up to about half an hour. Leaving your diffuser on too long may cause overexposure which could lead to an aching head.
How many drops of essential oils do you put in a diffuser?
This can vary on the type of diffuser you are using. And even between different models. Based on the range of products listed in this article, most nebulizing diffusers take between 5 and 50 drops, but on average 15 to 20 drops of pure essential oils is about right. Make sure to read the instructions with each diffuser as using the incorrect amount could cause damage to the product.
So there you have it. 10 top nebulizing diffusers for your home, office, car or studio. With the range of combinations of oils you can choose, soon you will be able to construct the perfect atmosphere for any time of day. Whether you want to relax after work, get energized in the morning, practice some daily yoga or add a fresh scent to your car, the perfect nebulizing diffuser awaits.
The Korean face mask has been hailed as one of the biggest beauty breakthroughs in recent years, and with good reason. These famous sheet masks have a range of benefits that other styles just don’t offer, and if you’re looking[...]
Up until a decade ago, not many people knew what a BB cream was. Fast forward to today, and it's a must-have in every girl's makeup routine, and the easiest way to get a smooth and finished complexion without having[...]
If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only pick one beauty product to take with you, it would have to be BB cream. The once unknown cream has now become a staple in every woman's daily routine,[...]