Regardless of how much you would want to not lose your hair, at one point, you will suffer from hair loss. It could be because of old age, genes, hormones, or other external factors. Fortunately, we are living in a modern era where there is an abundance of solutions that are available for hair loss and hair growth, including laser devices.
In the rest of this post, I will help you to choose the right laser hair growth device. I will identify some of the top picks that are available and briefly discuss some of the reasons why they are notable. To make this article more valuable, I will also tackle how a laser device works and the essential considerations in finding the best one.
- Top laser hair growth devices
- How does laser hair therapy work?
- What to look for in laser hair growth devices?
Top laser hair growth devices
In the main section of this buying guide, I will start by presenting a table showing the main features that you can expect in each product. This will be followed by a short discussion of how it can help in growing your hair.
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
If you have balding or thinning hair, this laser device can offer the perfect solution. It is FDA-cleared, which can make you confident that it is indeed going to work. To add, it has also gone through a 4-month clinical study, with favorable findings, noting that its use can lead to visible improvements.
Another reason to love this product is the fact that it is lightweight. Even if it is placed on the top of your head, you will not experience discomfort since its weight will never be a burden. It is also portable.
Lastly, to make you more convinced that this is a great product, take note that it has 180-day money-back guarantee. Within this duration, if you are unhappy with the results that you are seeing, you can return the laser device to the manufacturer and they will provide you with an unconditional refund.
iGrow Laser Hair Growth Helmet
You can have peace of mind when using this product, knowing that it is FDA-cleared and clinically-tested. Two clinical studies have been performed in the past, and the conclusions were that this device is indeed impressive when it comes to hair growth. In a span of over 16 weeks, hair count of the male study participants increased by 35% and 37% in females.
In terms of your comfort, you will have another good reason to love this laser device. There are four columns that are fully-adjustable, allowing you to customize its position based on what you are comfortable with. The headphones can also be adjusted and will provide entertainment while undergoing laser treatment.
The money-back guarantee offered by the manufacturer is also one of the best you can find. You have six months to test the product. If it does not work, return the device and a refund will be issued. More so, the manufacturer is also offering a one-year limited warranty for a risk-free purchase.
Capillus Pro Mobile Laser Therapy Cap
This product might be expensive, but if you look beyond price, it will be easy to realize that the cost can be justified. It is in the form of a cap, which means that all that you have to do is to wear it on your head and let the laser lights do their job.
With only six minutes of use in a day, it will not take long before the results can start being visible. It also has an optimal coverage, which will make it possible to see the outcomes quicker.
Lastly, the laser cap itself comes with a 3-year warranty from the manufacturer. On the other hand, the battery pack is covered for one year. To be eligible for the warranty, make sure that the device is registered 30 days after its purchase.
Hair Restoration Laboratories 200 Diode Hair Loss Helmet
Among other things, this is an exceptional product basically because of the fact that it is FDA-cleared. This is a distinction that not a lot of manufacturers are able to obtain. With the clearance that has been issued by the FDA, there is no need to worry about your safety when using this laser device.
From all of the laser helmets that you can find on the market, this is different in the sense that it is the only one that will provide you with the opportunity to customize the settings depending on the results that you desire. It can be connected to a free mobile app, which can be used in controlling the functions of the laser helmet, including which diode zone will be activated.
It is also a good thing that this advanced laser cap is equipped with innovative sensors. The latter can automatically determine the temperature and presence of oil in the scalp, allowing it to automatically modify its functions based on what it deems fit.
HairMax Ultima 9 Laser Comb
From the products that are mentioned in this quick buying guide, this is the one that comes with the cheapest price. This makes it a good alternative to the more expensive options that many of you might not be able to afford.
This laser comb is doctor-recommended, FDA-cleared, and clinically-tested. All of these things will provide you with the confidence that it will indeed work and that the claims made by the manufacturer are not baseless.
The comb is designed with 9-medical grade lasers, which will work together to stimulate the scalp and the hair follicles. For the best outcomes to be enjoyed, it is recommended that you use the comb for at least 11 minutes in every treatment session. There is a lighted display, which will make it easy to monitor how much time is left before you are done with your session.
How does laser hair therapy work?
These devices make use of low-level laser therapy, which is a painless and non-invasive treatment procedure. Depending on the product that will be used, the process can be performed even at home and in the absence of an intervention from a medical professional. It will provide stimulation to the follicles, allowing it to grow longer and thicker hair.
A low-level light therapy device has the ability to produce only five milliwatts. This is a small amount, and hence, it is incapable of producing heat upon making contact on the skin. This is as against the traditional lasers that are more powerful, and hence, they can easily become hot.
According to several studies that have been conducted in the past, a low-level light will be absorbed by the cells. This will improve cellular activity, which, in turn, can encourage the growth of new hair. It makes the cells more active, despite the fact that they are already aging.
If you are not convinced of the effectiveness of laser devices to encourage hair growth, it is good to know that several clinical studies have supported that they can indeed bring favorable outcomes. Both in males and females, it is effective while offering a number of other benefits, such as not experiencing any adverse effects.
- Painless: When you hear of laser treatment, you might instantly think of pain. The good news is that there is no pain and discomfort that is associated in any way with its use.
- Can be Used at Home: Laser devices might look complicated at first, but they are actually designed for home use in the absence of professional intervention.
- Many of the laser devices for hair loss are expensive, making it an option that is not financially-viable for most users.
What to look for in laser hair growth devices?
As you try to create a list of the top choices and narrow down the possibilities, these are some of the most important things that you have to consider:
- Type: Generally speaking, you will have two choices – helmet or comb. Helmets or caps are simply placed on the top of your head and activated for the light to work. With a comb, on the other hand, more effort will be required on your end as you will have to comb it through your hair.
- Ease of Use: For sure, no one would want a laser device that is complicated to use. See to it that you can operate it in a manner that is straightforward. The manufacturer must also provide comprehensive instructions on how to use their product.
- Safety and Effectiveness: When choosing from the laser hair growth devices that are available, it will also be good to look for one that is FDA-cleared, doctor-tested, and clinically-tested. This means that the product has been thoroughly evaluated to make sure that it will deliver the anticipated results without adverse effects.
- Extent of the Problem: The severity of your hair loss will also determine which device will work best for your needs. Keep in mind that it will work only when there are still signs of follicles.
- Warranty: To get the most out of the device that you will purchase, it is also important to make sure that it has an extensive warranty coverage. You must be able to return it to the manufacturer when it proves to be defective and they must offer free repair or replacement.
Laser is indeed one of the most technologically-advanced solutions that promise to be effective for hair growth. The initial cost can be quite high, but the good thing is that it can deliver favorable results in a manner that is painless. They are also easy to use, even in the comfort of your own home and without the need to be supervised by a medical professional.