Balding isn’t caused by washing your hair. But using the best shampoos and conditioners for hair growth can help restore thinning tresses. This is especially important if your locks are fragile from heat-styling and color treatments.
To get the most out of your shampoo and conditioner, avoid those with sulfates, artificial dyes, and fragrances, or parabens. Instead, choose products that nourish your hair and scalp. If you suspect that you’re suffering from hereditary baldness, opt for shampoos that block DHT.
- Top Shampoos & Conditioners for Hair Growth
- 1. Klorane Shampoo with Quinine and B Vitamins
- 2. Klorane Conditioner with Quinine and B Vitamins – Thinning Hair
- 3. Rene Furterer Volumea Volumizing Conditioner
- 4. Maple Holistics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner Hair Loss Treatment for Thinning Hair
- 5. Natural Mint Shampoo and Conditioner Set for Women and Men by Maple Holistics
- 6. Argan Oil Shampoo and Hair Conditioner Set by Maple Holistics
- 7. Vitamins Hair Loss Shampoo and Conditioner by Nourish Beaute
- 8. Zenagen Evolve Unisex Treatment
- 9. Zenagen Evolve Unisex Conditioner
- 10. Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner
- 11. ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
- 12. Keratin Cure Gold & Honey Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Conditioner
- 13. Majestic Pure Biotin Hair Shampoo
- 14. Majestic Pure Rosemary Shampoo, Sulfate Free with Pure Rosemary Essential Oil
- 15. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow & Restore Shampoo and Conditioner
- 16. Therapro Mediceuticals Womens Folligen Shampoo for Hair Loss
- 17. TOPPIK Hair Building Shampoo
- 18. TOPPIK Hair Building Conditioner
- 19. Molton Brown Indian Cress Purifying Shampoo
- 20. Molton Brown Indian Cress Purifying Conditioner
- 21. Baxter of California Daily Protein Shampoo
- 22. Baxter of California Daily Fortifying Conditioner
- 23. Rene Furterer Forticea Energizing Shampoo
- 24. Rene Furterer Forticea Stimulating Shampoo
Top Shampoos & Conditioners for Hair Growth
We selected the top shampoos and conditioners for hair growth and reviewed them here for you. Take a look below to find the best match to make your locks soft, shiny, and full.
1. Klorane Shampoo with Quinine and B Vitamins
Klorane’s botanical shampoo stimulates hair growth while it fortifies your existing strands. The unisex formula is based on natural ingredients and gentle for sensitive skin. It lacks sulfates and silicones to avoid drying out or weighing down your hair.
It contains quinine, a remedy for malaria. This ingredient, in combination with B vitamins, increases circulation in the scalp and strengthens hair fiber. After using this shampoo for a while, customers report that their hair has more volume and life.
2. Klorane Conditioner with Quinine and B Vitamins – Thinning Hair
If you use the Klorane conditioner it makes hair shinier and easier to detangle then using the shampoo alone.
3. Rene Furterer Volumea Volumizing Conditioner
Pair the Volumea Conditioner with the shampoo for extra volume and shine. It also makes fine or curly hair easier to detangle. It has chicory root and carob extract to increase body.
4. Maple Holistics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner Hair Loss Treatment for Thinning Hair
Maple Holistics wants to help you reverse hair loss and strengthen your tresses. This set of shampoo and conditioner contains biotin which blocks DHT. (DHT is a derivative of testosterone that shrinks hair follicles. It causes hair to grow in thinner and finer until it stops growing altogether. If you’re dealing with hereditary hair loss, blocking DHT from binding with hair follicles is essential.)
The shampoo is free of sulfates and parabens to protect your hair and scalp. It’s color-safe and cruelty-free, too. While it washes away impurities, it improves circulation and volume. Of course, the main ingredient is biotin, one of the best vitamins for regrowing hair. Not only does it block DHT, but it also reduces shedding.
After you wash, the conditioner adds moisture to make locks silky soft and lustrous. It does this with argan, jojoba, coconut, and evening primrose oils plus shea butter and other natural ingredients. If you don’t love the results you get, the company offers a full refund.
5. Natural Mint Shampoo and Conditioner Set for Women and Men by Maple Holistics
If you want to treat dandruff, try the mint shampoo and conditioner from Maple Holistics. It rejuvenates and refreshes dry, flaky scalps and leaves hair shiny and strong. Not only does it stop the itching, but it also calms frizz.
As you wash your hair, you’ll feel the tingle from the mint. The mint fights acne and moisturizes. Next, green tea blocks DHT and keeps your scalp free from dandruff. Finally, aloe vera and jojoba oil make your tresses silky soft and lustrous.
6. Argan Oil Shampoo and Hair Conditioner Set by Maple Holistics
This shampoo and conditioner will make your curls bouncy again. They promote the hair’s natural radiance and eliminate frizz with Argan oil and Sea Buckthorn. Argan oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that repair split ends and protect against environmental damage. Meanwhile, Sea Buckthorn is full of a wider range of vitamins that promote hair growth and nourish the scalp.
7. Vitamins Hair Loss Shampoo and Conditioner by Nourish Beaute
Nourish Beaute offers 100% happiness guarantee on their shampoo and conditioner. Both products have biotin plus a patented hair growth solution called Procapil. In clinical trials, doctors found that the shampoo and conditioner, when used together, enhanced hair growth. Each bottle lasts for about two months of daily washes. Moreover, they are manufactured in an FDA-approved facility in the USA.
8. Zenagen Evolve Unisex Treatment
According to the company, the Zenagen Evolve Unisex Treatment is not shampoo. But it’s good for dealing with postpartum shedding and hair loss. Massage it into your hair and scalp, then wait five minutes before you rinse. It lifts away oils and dirt without the need for sulfates, formaldehyde, or parabens. Plus, it protects against breakage and repairs damaged hair with ginger root, and emu oil, and grapevine extract.
9. Zenagen Evolve Unisex Conditioner
Be sure to apply the conditioner after the Zenagen treatment. This ensures even better results as it heals irritated scalps and adds shine and volume.
10. Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner
Both African Americans and people with color-treatments say that the Mill Creek Botanicals shampoo and conditioner are gentle and moisturizing for their hair. They are fortified with biotin, aloe, panthenol, argan oil, and peppermint. As a result, they feel refreshing as you wash and condition. The list of natural and organic ingredients has no room for sulfates, parabens, artificial fragrances or dyes, or phenoxyethanol.
11. ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
The Moroccan Argan oil shampoo and conditioner reduces hair loss by stimulating the scalp and providing essential nutrients. It cleans without stripping color, and it’s free of parabens and sulfates. Users with dry, brittle, or naturally frizzy hair find that it makes their locks look healthy and feel clean and soft.
12. Keratin Cure Gold & Honey Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Conditioner
The Keratin Cure shampoo and conditioner is compatible with all hair types and gentle even if you have color treatments. The pH-balanced formula restores split ends and prevents breakage while it protects against ultraviolet radiation and wards off dandruff. Furthermore, there are no sulfates, parabens, or even propylene glycol.
Some of the highlights include gentle surfactants derived from coconut plus detangling agents and moisturizers. Regular use results in manageable, luminous locks.
13. Majestic Pure Biotin Hair Shampoo
As we mentioned before, biotin is excellent for stimulating hair growth and fighting hair loss. The biotin shampoo from Majestic Pure is free of parabens and sulfates and safe for color-treated tresses. It’s gentle enough to use every day. Some of the top herbal components include ginseng, turmeric, Melaleuca, and Argan oil.
14. Majestic Pure Rosemary Shampoo, Sulfate Free with Pure Rosemary Essential Oil
Majestic Pure’s rosemary shampoo has 2.5% rosemary oil which offers a host of benefits for the hair and scalp. First, it reduces inflammation and helps block DHT. Next, the sulfate-free shampoo also feeds essential nutrients to the hair follicles so that strands grow strong and long. Finally, the natural scent appeals to both men and women, and the formula is mild enough for all hair types.
15. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow & Restore Shampoo and Conditioner
Jamaican black castor oil stimulates hair growth. That’s why Shea Moisture includes it in their shampoo that repairs and moisturizes damaged, dry hair. This is the product to pick if you’re tired of frizz and want your curls to be manageable.
While you work it through your locks, the gentle tingle or wakes up the scalp with peppermint and soothes it with coconut oil. At the same time, certified organic shea butter hydrates and smoothes the cuticle. Finish up by applying the conditioner for super shiny luscious curls.
16. Therapro Mediceuticals Womens Folligen Shampoo for Hair Loss
Therapro fights premature hair loss with science. The technical terms they use include Triaminocoptinol compound technology. Their sulfate-free formula reduces thinning and protects brittle hair. Although it adds shine, it prevents color fading.
17. TOPPIK Hair Building Shampoo
TOPPIK’s shampoo has made headlines in beauty magazines because it makes hair look and feel thicker. It uses keratin to repair strands like magic. Additionally, it’s free of both parabens and sulfates.
18. TOPPIK Hair Building Conditioner
Remember to use the TOPPIK Hair Building Conditioner to maximize results from the shampoo. The conditioner has meadowfoam seed oil and aloe for deep conditioning.
19. Molton Brown Indian Cress Purifying Shampoo
Molton Brown’s purifying shampoo has a unique ingredient. Indian cress, or Tropaeolum majus, is a flower that grows in South America. Its leaves and flowers are good for teas and treating wounds or the flu and UTIs. When Indian Cress is applied to the skin, it stimulates hair growth.
The shampoo also has amino acids to add shine. There are also jasmine, sandalwood, and honeysuckle that create an enticing fragrance. Users report that the shampoo leaves their mane squeaky clean and shiny, especially when enjoyed with the conditioner below.
20. Molton Brown Indian Cress Purifying Conditioner
Get the best from the Indian Cress shampoo by following up with the accompanying conditioner.
21. Baxter of California Daily Protein Shampoo
The Baxter of California Daily Protein Shampoo states that it removes DHT to keep hair follicles healthy and working normally. It contains Coenzyme Q10, panthenol, aloe, tea tree oil, and nettle to protect the scalp and remove residue from styling products, too. Unfortunately though, the formula lists sulfates and parabens.
22. Baxter of California Daily Fortifying Conditioner
Conditioner is essential for keeping the hair moisturized and free of tangles. This one features a minty tingle as well as wheat protein plus coconut to go the extra mile for your locks.
23. Rene Furterer Forticea Energizing Shampoo
Rene furterer forticea is a revitalizing shampoo and is enriched with natural gurana and important oils. This shampoo strengthens the scalp and hair. It can be used daily and efficiently cleanses the hair. It has the nutrients which are required for beautiful, strong, and healthy hair.
Rene Furterer is designed to style the hair easily. It also leaves the hair soft and strong. This everyday use shampoo strengthens the hair from root to end. The essential oils present in the shampoo promote a healthy scalp and strong hair.
24. Rene Furterer Forticea Stimulating Shampoo
Rene Furterer is one of the best-known brands sold in European pharmacies. Their Forticea shampoo has a fresh citrus scent because it contains essential oils of rosemary, lavender, and orange. While the rosemary combats hair loss, the lavender and orange awaken hair follicles and revitalize the scalp. The shampoo also has dissolving microbeads for extra stimulation. Users say that they lose less hair when they wash with this product.
You can help your hair to grow strong and long with optimum body and shine. Switch to one of the best shampoos and conditioners for hair growth. In time, you should have a healthier, more manageable mane. Let us know what you tried and how it worked for you.