Instead of baking in the sun for ten hours and risking your health to get that burnished glow on your skin, you can simply settle for spray tanning.
All you need is a high-quality, high-performing spray tan machine. Spray tanning can get you the bronzed glow you desire without the damaging effects of prolonged UV exposure, such as skin cancer, premature aging, and sunburns.
But the thing is, the choice of spray tanning machines is huge on the market and not everyone knows what to look for. So, in our top 10 spray tan machines selections, I took into account all the important features you have been looking for.
Norvell Sunless Spray Tan Airbrush Machine is our top pick. This is an HVLP machine; so, you should expect it to produce less overspray and solution wastage. You’ve got adjustable spray patterns for added versatility. Also, the machine comes with three bottles of tanning solutions.
- Here are the Top 10 Spray Tan Machines:
- 1. Norvell Sunless Spray Tan Airbrush Machine — Best Overall Product
- 2. Naked Sun Ion Spray Tanning Machine — Best Handheld Design
- 3. Mobile Sunless Spray Tan Machine
- 4. Aura Allure Spray Tan Machine
- 5. Bronze Tan Professional Spray Tan Machine
- 6. Naked Fascination FX Spray Tanning Machine
- 7. Fuji Mini Tan M Model Spray Tan Machine
- 8. Belloccio Master T95 Spray Tanning Machine
- 9. Sun Laboratories Sunless Spray Tan Machine
- 10. Minetan Body Skin Spray Tanning Machine
- Things to Consider When Looking for Spray Tan Machines
- Special Features to Look For
- Final Thoughts
- Related Articles
Here are the Top 10 Spray Tan Machines:
1. Norvell Sunless Spray Tan Airbrush Machine — Best Overall Product
It’s time for a full-body spray tan to get the bronzed glow you desire without the harmful effects of tanning beds and UV exposure with this great airbrush from Norvell.
- M-1000 HVLP system
- Adjustable spray pattern
- Standard 110V plug
- Shoulder strap included
- Tanning handheld solutions
This is an HVLP mobile spray system, which is great because the high-volume, low-pressure gun is much more efficient than conventional spray guns.
Because the HVLP gun has lower air pressure, it deposits up to sixty-five percent of the finish on your body. The superior transfer efficiency rate means the machine wastes less than half as much finish as a conventional gun.
Along with the HVLP M-Gun, you get a complete spray tan solutions kit. The solutions include cosmo light, Venetian, and dark. The solutions are antioxidant-rich to help you boost your skin’s glow. The formulations are scented with natural essences that are allergen-free.
But the thing is, it is possible to receive a product with clogging issues.
- The HVLP gun is highly efficient
- The machine has a superior transfer efficiency rate
- Has an adjustable spray pattern for added versatility
- Comes with a shoulder strap for ease of use
- Antioxidant-rich tanning solutions are included in the kit
- Some models may be vulnerable to clogging
- You may receive a product with a short straw
You no longer have to pay fifty dollars to get the bronzed glow you desire, if you have this spray tan airbrush machine from Norvell.
Overall Rating: 4.8
2. Naked Sun Ion Spray Tanning Machine — Best Handheld Design
If you are looking for superior micro-atomization in a handheld design, then look no further than the Naked Sun Ion Spray Tanning Machine.
- Lightweight handheld unit
- Cord length of eight feet
- 110-watt power rating
- 65DB noise level
- Horizontal and vertical fan patterns
The machine has a compact and lightweight construction. But it is engineered to deliver the best results that compete with professional machines in reliability, accuracy, and speed. The machine is quieter and lighter than any system on the market.
It runs on a digital vortex dc motor, which is great because it is integrated with high-performing microprocessor chip control for superior performance. The compact motor design allows for an exceptionally high power to weight ratio and incredibly light form factor. You’ve got a power cord that is integrated with an adapter for stepping down the wall current to 24 volts dc.
But the thing is, the compact design may not get the job done faster compared to the bigger models.
- It doesn’t have carbon brushes that wear out quickly
- The digital motor is incredibly quiet
- The spray head is interchangeable for easy cleaning
- The nozzle delivers streak-free tan for flawless performance
- The machine can deliver both vertical and horizontal patterns
- The compact design may take longer to get the job done
- Look out for models with quality control issues
It is small and may even take longer to complete a tanning session, but the results are incredible. So, it is worth the money.
Overall Rating: 4.8
3. Mobile Sunless Spray Tan Machine
The Mobile Sunless Spray Tan Machine from Sun Laboratories comes complete with all the things you need for self-tanning. It’s time you looked good and felt great with this great machine.
- Clog-resistant needle
- Leak-free solution cup
- Heavy-duty turbine
- Durable coiled cable
- Ergonomic handle
This amazing product from Sun Laboratories boasts a high-performing needle, which is great because the needle is clog-resistant and does a great job of preventing overspray. The nozzle of the spray gun is capable of horizontal and vertical spraying patterns for superior versatility. You’ve got a quick-connect fitting to the main unit for easy and quick attachments.
The handle of the gun spray is ergonomically designed for comfort during a long tanning session. The cable is generously long and coiled, allowing you to move the machine around without tangling problems.
What I don’t like; however, about this machine is the poor position of the solution cup on the spray gun.
- The machine is powerful and reliable for self-tanning
- The needle is highly clog-resistant
- The ergonomic handle improves comfort during long sessions
- The coiled cable improves maneuverability
- Comes with all the necessary tanning ingredients
- The solution cup is poorly positioned on the gun
- The kit is slightly expensive for a tight budget
Doctors recommend it, celebrities love it; so, you should definitely want it. The machine comes complete with all the ingredients you need for self-tanning.
Overall Rating: 4.8
4. Aura Allure Spray Tan Machine
This incredible machine is strong on the inside but radiant on the outside. It is small but mighty and will get the job done faster.
- Click-and-turn gun
- Spray tanning turbine unit
- Satin spray nozzle technology
- Heavy-duty hose
- Fine and precise flow control
The Aura Allure Spray Tan Machine comes in three parts, the click-and-turn gun, turbine unit, and a heavy-duty hose.
The click-and-turn gun is made up of a nozzle, a solution cup, a solution flow dial, and the hose attachment. It uses satin spray nozzle technology to ensure there is minimal solution wastage by producing very low overspray. The solution flow dial is equipped with maximum and minimum dial control, which is great because it allows for the best spraying volume. The long hose connects effortlessly to the machine and improves maneuverability.
I truly appreciate the fact that this machine comes with a gold filtration duct that does a great job of collecting any overspray.
What’s disappointing is the fact that you may get a leaking solution cup.
- It offers a smooth spraying experience on the skin
- Minimal solution wastage and very low overspray
- Flow dial control allows you to choose the ideal volume for your application
- The hose is incredibly long for improved maneuverability
- Any overspray is conveniently collected by the gold filtration duct
- Look out for models with a leaking solution cup
- It may take time for some people to learn how to use it
If you are looking for a spray tan machine that provides the finest atomization for a smooth feeling on your skin, superior cover, and low overspray, then look no further than the Aura Allure.
Overall Rating: 4.7
5. Bronze Tan Professional Spray Tan Machine
With this high-quality spray tan machine from Bronze Tan, you can spray tan much easier and faster and get professional results at home.
- Mobile HVLP airbrush
- Ultra-modern design
- Spa quiet operation
- Long and anti-tangling hose
- High-performing nozzle
This heavy-duty machine is divided into two main parts, the turbine, and conversion. The mobile HVLP system uses a turbine compressor to produce large volumes of low-pressure air that is fed to the airbrush. The turbine is engineered so that the input air is consistently below ten psig to deliver an even and smooth tan with every use.
The machine is equipped with a uniquely designed sound suppression system that helps minimize the sound generated by the HVLP turbine. It comes with a long and anti-tangling hose for improved maneuverability and versatility.
But here is the thing ladies, some models tend to have quality control issues.
- It offers easy and flawless operation
- The high-precision system facilitates a perfect spray tanning experience
- Sound suppression ensures spa quiet operation
- The hose is long and anti-tangling
- The HVLP system reduces overspray and tanning solution waste
- It could be much easier to use with a video manual
- Possible quality issues with some model
If you are tired of those aggressively loud conventional spray tan machines, then your next best option is this amazing design from Bronze Tan.
Overall Rating: 4.6
6. Naked Fascination FX Spray Tanning Machine
This uniquely designed spray tan machine represents a new standard in function, beauty, and elegance in a spray tanning system.
- Premium FX-design spray gun
- A .5 mm needle
- Intuitive control panel
- Powerful turbine motor
- Quick-connect fitting
This high-performing spray tan machine looks sleeker than most products and comes with a long hose for convenient application to every part of your body. It is super easy to assemble and operate, making it a good choice for those new to spray tanning.
It comes with an elegant handle that is ergonomically integrated into the machine’s body for ease of use. You’ve got a strong turbine motor that is innovatively tuned to offer reliable airflow for effective spray tanning. I appreciate the sound-dampening enclosure that guarantees quiet operation from start to finish. The machine has a quick-connect fitting for easy and quick hose attachment.
My main concern is replacement parts, they may be quite challenging to acquire.
- Gives perfect atomization and superior solution conservation
- Excellent contouring and highlighting with vertical and horizontal fan patterns
- You only need two ounces or less for efficient tanning
- The fluid control knob conveniently adjusts for wide and fan spray
- The spray gun holder makes transportation easy
- You may get a model with low-quality parts
- Getting replacement parts may not be easy
This beautiful instrument is highly reliable and delivers the most satisfactory spray tanning performance. Just make sure you don’t get a model with quality issues.
Overall Rating: 4.5
7. Fuji Mini Tan M Model Spray Tan Machine
With this machine, you get a great combination of the most powerful and smallest system in the industry, uniquely engineered for mobility and professional performance.
- Quiet turbine technology
- Heat dissipation box
- Adjustable spray pattern
- Fluid control knob
- UL/CSA approved
The machine comes with a durable and sleek applicator, which is fitted with an adjustable pattern control knob. So, fan pattern changing from wide to narrow is incredibly easy.
The machine is integrated with a duck-bill that acts as a one-way valve that prevents the tanning solution from getting into the pressure tube. I truly appreciate the bleeder-style design of the applicator, considering that you can use it for blow-drying. The handle is ergonomically made to keep it from getting hot during use.
It comes with a heat dissipation box, which is great because it allows for cool-running to increase the life of the turbine motor. You should also use this machine stress-free knowing that it comes with a twenty-four-month warranty.
But the thing is, some of the products may be too loud.
- It feels lightweight and looks professional
- Pattern changing is easy with the adjustable control knob
- It is suitable for both small touch-ups and long sessions
- The motor is cool-running and long-lasting
- The handle is ergonomically insulated for added comfort
- You may receive a model that is too loud
- Could perform better if it comes with a .5 mm nozzle
Apart from the .8 mm nozzle, this spray tan system is a good deal for the money. It will give you reliable results that you can be proud of.
Overall Rating: 4.5
8. Belloccio Master T95 Spray Tanning Machine
Have you been looking for a luxurious salon-quality spray tanning performance? Look no further than the Belloccio Master T95.
- HVLP turbine
- Lightweight plastic body
- Ten-foot slim air hose
- Quick-connect fitting
- Detailed user manual
This is a turbine-based high-volume low-pressure machine that produces great spray tanning results for a more natural appearance.
You can conveniently set the spray gun air cap to the vertical position of the gun body. This set-up helps produce a horizontal oval spray pattern that is suitable for a top to bottom spraying. You can spray the whole body by turning the gun body to match each body part as it gets sprayed.
The machine comes with a generously long and slim ten-foot hose for outstanding maneuverability. The quick-connect fitting allows for easy hose attachment.
I don’t like the fact that the kit may come with some missing accessories.
- The plastic body is super lightweight and durable
- Super maneuverability with the ten-foot slim air hose
- The HVLP turbine reduces overspray
- The quick-connect fitting allows for quick and easy set-up
- The user-manual is detailed and precise
- Look out for models that leak
- The kit may not come with some of the accessories
All around, Belloccio Master T95 is a great spray tan machine of the money. Not to mention that it comes complete with solutions and accessories.
Overall Rating: 4.4
9. Sun Laboratories Sunless Spray Tan Machine
This amazing spray tan machine from Sun Laboratories is suitable for self-tanning and produces exceptional instant tint performance.
- Standard 0.5 mm nozzle
- Standard hose length of 4.9 feet
- 350 ml cup capacity
- Unload speed of 32000 rpm
- 650-watt rated power
Sun Laboratories provides you with a heavy-duty, high-performing turbine system that is perfect for home use and professional salon.
The spray gun comes equipped with a 0.5 mm nozzle, a cup capacity of 350 ml, and an ergonomically designed handle and trigger. The 0.5 mm nozzle delivers a streak-free, even tan with no patchiness or going orange. It achieves a super fine mist for less overspray and improved coverage. The nozzle is capable of horizontal, vertical, and round patterns for superior versatility.
The leak-free solution cup ensures no tanning solution goes to waste, while the ergonomically designed plastic handle improves comfort.
But here is the thing, the hose that comes with the unit may be too short for some people.
- The turbine system is high-performing and durable
- Leak-free solution cup prevents wastage
- The handle is creatively designed for superior comfort
- The 0.5 mm nozzle ensures there is less overspray
- It can spray in horizontal, vertical, and round patterns
- The included hose is somewhat short
- Could be a better deal with more than one solution bottles
This machine will give you the results you have been looking for without patchiness or going orange. But it could be more versatile with a longer hose.
Overall Rating: 4.3
10. Minetan Body Skin Spray Tanning Machine
Get professional spray tanning results at home with this high-quality, high-performing spray tanning machine from Minetan Body Skin.
- Micro-whirlwind technology
- Intelligent air smart switch
- High-performing main unit
- Long and tangle-free hose
- Ergonomic handle and trigger design
This lightweight and whisper-running spray tan system use micro-whirlwind technology to generate a continuous flow of smooth air. This technology guarantees a constant flow pattern for a streak-free and more accurate tanning experience.
The main unit is compact and can easily be placed on the floor or mounted on the wall. It is integrated with an intelligent air smart switch for promoting superior airflow. The applicator gun is equipped with stainless steel parts for reduced overspray and improved spray tan control. The hose that comes with the machine is exceptionally long for improved maneuverability.
But the thing is, the machine isn’t provided with any tanning ingredients.
- Micro-whirlwind technology provides a smooth flow of air
- The machine guarantees a streak-free and more accurate tanning
- The intelligent air smart switch promotes enhanced airflow
- Stainless steel parts help reduced overspray
- The hose is long, anti-tangling, and easily maneuverable
- The machine doesn’t come with ingredients
- No additional accessories are provided
This new release is perfect for self-tanning thanks to its innovative design. Not to mention that the applicator gun is ergonomically designed for ease of use.
Overall Rating: 4.3
Things to Consider When Looking for Spray Tan Machines
There are specific things I took into consideration when researching our top 10 spray tan machines, which include:
Self-Tanning or Professional Use
Are you planning to use your machine for self-tanning or a professional salon?
For self-tanning or personal use, I recommend you look for a lightweight, compact spray tan system that you can carry with ease.
There is no need to spend a lot of money on a very expensive design that is best suited for professional use. But, if you are getting into a professional spray tanning business, then you will need a grade-A system that is packed with premium features and performance. The best equipment will come with an extremely powerful compressor, a high-performing applicator gun, a tanning tent, and other important accessories for your clients.
Spray Tan Compressor
This is one of the most important parts of any spray tanning machine. Its main function is to supply air to the applicator gun to deliver different spray patterns.
The most popular spray tan compressors on the market are airbrush, LVLP, and HVLP.
Airbrush Tanning Machine
An airbrush tanning machine uses a compact air pump compressor. It is a great option for both touch-ups and detailed work. But the thing is, it may take the person spray tanning you longer to get the job done. Also, it is possible to experience a high learning curve and messy overspray.
HVLP Spray Tan Machine
The lower transfer efficiency of conventional air spray suggests more tanning solution consumption. If the pressure of compressed air is reduced, the bouncing will be reduced, increasing transfer efficiency. High volume low pressure (HVLP) spray tan machines reduce the air pressure, but a high air volume is needed to atomize the tanning solutions.
Both electric and compressor versions of HVLP spray tan machines can boast very little overspray. Not only will this prevent messy applications, but it also means you are wasting fewer solutions.
LVLP Spray Tan Machine
An LVLP spray tan machine uses a low volume and compressed air at low pressure. The LVLP compensates for the lack of air with a precision air cap. This type of machine; however, doesn’t move tanning solution as fast or with as wide a fan as HVLP machines. With an LVLP machine, you get a gentle mist for spray tanning delicate skin.
Special Features to Look For
Volume of Use
Spray tan machines are rated for the number of tans they can deliver without overheating. So, you need to decide whether you will be doing heavy, medium, intermittent, or light tan and then choose a machine that can deliver.
Whether you are buying a spray tan machine for self-tanning or professional use, you don’t want a machine that will deafen you or your clients.
Most conventional units may be as loud as 92 decibels on average. Medium quality models may have an average decibel level of about 67 dB. Premium quality designs may have an average decibel level of about 52 dB.
This tends to be one of the biggest challenges with most conventional models. But HVLP machines are engineered to save on air pressure, which helps reduce overspray and solution waste by approximately fifty percent.
For the best tanning results whether self-tanning or professional, you need a machine that can make at least two spray patterns (horizontal and vertical). Some advanced models can also make round spraying patterns.
The winner of this roundup is Norvell Sunless Spray Tan Airbrush Machine. This is a great model for professional tanning and self-tanning. This incredible spray tan machine comes in a complete kit that includes a Norvell training program, eight-ounce bottles of dark, Venetian, and cosmo light spray tan solutions.
It is a top-selling HVLP spray tan machine that saves on air pressure to reduce overspray and solution wastage. You’ve got an adjustable spray pattern system that allows you to change between horizontal and vertical patterns for added versatility. The machine has an average decibel level of 75 dB, which is fairly quiet.
Is it your first time to get a spray tan and you’re wondering, “how long does a spray tan last?” Of course, you want to make it last as long as possible, especially if you are about to go on[...]
A sunburn is different from a tan. But, since the rays that give you a sunburn are responsible for a tan, when you treat the inflammation, you're left with skin a shade darker. Remember… Whether your skin will burn or[...]
When you visit a sunless spray tan salon or spa, you’re set to leave with a beautiful tan without the harmful rays of the sun. Great, isn’t it? And if you’re like me, you’ll love that golden tan glow. There[...]