Last Updated on
When it comes to innovative formulations and high-quality ingredients, K-beauty products dominate the market. Korea puts a lot of effort into their beauty products, which are usually gentle on skin, effective and don’t break the bank. K-beauty products often use specialized ingredients, from tea extracts and red wine to snail mucus.
And these innovative ingredients have certainly caused a stir internationally, with many people not only testing them out but singing their praises. To top it off, the packaging designs are often fun and cute, which is always an added bonus!
So, let’s talk specifically about eye creams. The skin around your eyes is something that needs special care and attention. As well as being very delicate, it is also very susceptible to wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles. That means you may need an eye cream, specially designed to hydrate and combat aging while being gentle on skin. And this is something Korean beauty brands do best.
As choosing the right eye cream can be an overwhelming task, with an overflow of products on the market, we have reviewed 10 of the best Korean eye creams out there to make things a little easier for you. Check out the list below!
- 10 Best Korean Eye Creams – 2020 Reviews
- Kleem Organics NEW Anti Aging Eye Cream for Dark Circles and Puffiness, 0.51 fl.oz
- Innisfree Orchid Eye Cream, 30ml
- ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream, 2.53 Fl Oz
- Mizon Eye Cream Moisturizer with 80% Snail Extract, 0.84 Oz
- AHC Anti-Aging, Essential Eye Cream, Korean Skincare, 1.01 oz
- Innisfree, Green Tea Seed Cream, 50ml
- Saturday Skin Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream
- AHC Ultimate Real Eye Treatment Cream, 12ml
- Nature Republic Snail Solution Emulsion, 120 Grams
- Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream, 25ml
- What is the Best Korean Eye Cream?
- Is Innisfree eye cream good?
- How do Koreans get rid of dark circles?
- Is Eye Cream necessary?
10 Best Korean Eye Creams – 2020 Reviews
Kleem Organics NEW Anti Aging Eye Cream for Dark Circles and Puffiness, 0.51 fl.oz
Tired of looking tired? If you need fast action for your dark circles, lines and wrinkles check out this firming eye cream from Kleem Organics. It uses natural and organic ingredients to tackle puffiness and signs of aging. Hyaluronic Acid, Caffeine, Plant Stem Cells, and Green Tea are just some of the ingredients that plump up skin, making it look younger and smoother. The formulation is specifically designed to be gentle on the sensitive skin around the eyes and hydrate to help you look and feel fresh and awake.
The consistency of the product is lightweight and smooth, absorbing quickly into the skin without leaving it greasy. It dries matte and goes well under makeup. The product is highly targeted and is applied with an applicator. You just need to gently dab a pea-sized amount into the skin along the orbital bone (or eye contour). It can be applied morning and evening to hydrate the eye area and improve skin elasticity. Get ready for brighter eyes in no time.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Plant Stem Cells
- Vitamin E
- Matrixil 3000
- Green Tea
- Amino Acids
- Organic Jojoba Oil
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Argan Oil
- Specially designed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- No toxic or irritating ingredients as well as being cruelty free
- Comedogenic, paraben and alcohol free makes it great for sensitive skin
- Some people found a little irritation around the eyes
- Some people had problems with the pump working
Innisfree Orchid Eye Cream, 30ml
Jeju orchids are the key ingredient in this eye cream. They contain an active ingredient that helps to inject hydration straight to the skin, permeating it with rich antioxidants. At the same time, it smooths and tones the delicate, dry skin around the eye area. This cream helps to firm and rejuvenate skin helping to combat fine lines and other signs of aging.
The formulation is smooth and absorbs easily into the skin. For best results simply use your finger to apply a small amount around the eyes. Gently pat the cream so the cream can sink in without irritating the delicate eye skin. It can be used daily and works to reduce eye bags and refresh under your eye.
- Jeju Orchids
- Active ingredients to hydrate dry skin and revive under eyes
- Smooth formula
- Easy to apply
- Some people found the consistency too thick
- Some people preferred a less scented product
ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream, 2.53 Fl Oz
For one of the best super plumping eye creams, look no further than the ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen moisturizer. It contains 605,773ppm of Super Collagen Water particles that provide long-lasting hydration as well as improving skin elasticity. It leaves skin feeling plump and dewy and effects last up to 100 hours.
This cream has a light texture, with super fast absorption into the skin, and comes in a cute apricot colour. This provides rapid hydration without feeling heavy and sticky and can be worn easily in conjunction with sunscreen or makeup. It can be used all over the face but is particularly well-suited to the eye area due to the gentle, anti-aging formula.
The product is clinically tested and is free of Mineral Oil, Polyacrylamide, Silicone Oil, Tar colour, Imidazolidinyl, urea and Triethanolamine meaning it won’t irritate sensitive skin. This product is suitable for all skin types including oily skin.
- Super Collagen Water Particles
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Butylene Glycol
- Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract
- Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil
- Plumping Collagen reduces eye bags and puffy skin
- Anti-aging effects
- Absorbs quickly
- Some people found the perfume too strong
- Some people said this wasn’t ideal for people with extremely dry skin
Mizon Eye Cream Moisturizer with 80% Snail Extract, 0.84 Oz
Have you ever wanted to test out the regenerative effects of snail slime? Well now you can, with the 80% Snail Mucin formula in this Korean eye cream. Snail Mucin is a thick fluid produced by snails to protect themselves.
Ok, so it might not sound like something you want to put on your face, but perhaps I can convince you with the long list of benefits it can bring to the skin. Ultra-hydrating and softening, Snail Mucin is a natural way to slow the signs of aging, improve the look of wrinkles, and even scars. This makes the Mizon eye cream the best eye cream for dark circles and fine lines!
Use your finger or spatula to dab the product around the eyes and then tap it into the skin until absorbed. This helps leave your eyes looking brighter and fresher. The formulation is smooth and hydrating and the product is suitable for all skin types.
- Snail Secretion Filtrate
- Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil
- Super-hydrating formula to tackle lines and wrinkles
- Innovative use of Snail Mucim to repair skin
- Multi-function formula
- If you have very sensitive skin you may feel mild irritation
- Some people found the texture too loose and liquidy
AHC Anti-Aging, Essential Eye Cream, Korean Skincare, 1.01 oz
If you are after the best Korean eye creams, make sure to check out the Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics (AHC) Essential Eye Cream. It uses special ultra-fine micro emulsion technology to allow for elevated hydration of the skin and super quick and effective absorption into the skin. This Korean eye cream contains a unique blend of vitamins and peptides that work to brighten under the eyes and reduce puffiness. It is particularly effective at reducing signs of aging and hydrating and smoothing the skin’s texture.
This eye cream has a rich and creamy texture that penetrates deep in to the skin to nourish deep down. This is designed for use around the eyes although it can be used on the whole face. In fact, the brand reveals a Korean beauty secret, that using eye cream on the entire face does wonders for the skin.
- Vitamin – peptide formula
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract
- Avena Sativa (Oat)
- Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
- Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract
- Specialised formula to reduce dark circles and skin around the eyes
- Unique blend of vitamins and peptides for intense hydration
- Absorbs effectively
- More expensive than some other eye creams
- Some people with very sensitive skin could get mild irritation
Innisfree, Green Tea Seed Cream, 50ml
Looking for an eye cream that leaves your skin refreshed and dewy, without leaving it feeling sticky? Why not consider the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream? It is well-suited to the whole face but particularly the under-eye area. It hydrates and nourishes the skin while infusing it with antioxidant effects. It contains a double-squeezed green tea seed from the Jeju island. This is organic and works to clear and purify the skin.
If you have dry or very dry skin this cream is perfect for you, as the product has a creamy formula. It may be less well-suited to oily skin, although it is effective on any skin type. The cream is still lightweight so it’s great for use day or night. Just simply take a pea-sized amount and dot it over your eye area using your fingers. Then dab it in gently avoiding rubbing too hard to as not to damage the skin. This can be used twice daily and for best results apply overnight for ultimate hydration.
- Camellia Sinensis leaf extract
- Camellia Sinensis seed oil
- Opuntia Coccinellifera fruit extract
- Citrus Unshiu peel extract
- Camellia Japonica leaf extract
- Orchid extract
- Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (bergamot) fruit extract
- Citrus Paradisi (grapefruit) fruit extract,
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) fruit
- Versatile and lightweight
- Great for dry skin
- Some people thought it could sometimes leave a little bit of a shine
- Some people felt it had too much of a perfume
Saturday Skin Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream
This lightweight, brightening eye cream by Korean skin care brand, Saturday Skin, offers an instant lift for the eyes and dark circles. It contains natural ingredients like date seed extract that penetrates the skin to lift and illuminate. It also contains no parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance or colour, meaning the formula is gentle, non-drying and suitable for sensitive skin.
Fine lines be gone with the hydrating formula. Throw some Saturday Skin cream on in the mornings to reduce puffiness and wake up your eye area before heading out for the day. In fact, it is perfect to disguise your hungover eyes the day after a night out! Another thing I love about this product is the packaging which has a super-cool design in pretty pastel colours.
- Date Seed extract
- Anti-aging effects and hydration to reduce puffy eyes
- Lightweight formula for daily use
- No parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance or synthetic colour
- Some people prefer a more heavy-duty formula
- More expensive than many creams
AHC Ultimate Real Eye Treatment Cream, 12ml
For a powerful, highly targeted Korean eye cream, check out this AHC Eye Treatment. It uses the natural power of Ginseng root along with peptides to fight fine lines and reduce signs of aging. The patented ingredient ‘Aqua Peptide’ boosts skin elasticity. It has whitening properties which give dark under-eye circles a lift. Exclusive technology also allows the ingredients to absorb deep into your skin.
It is a small size, but a mighty product. The tapered head allows for easy grip and precise application. You can use it twice daily in the morning and evening. Apply it gently onto cleansed skin and pat it around the eye area. Be gentle while applying it and make sure it sinks deep into skin properly.
- Ginseng Root
- Aqua Peptide (Heptasodium Hexacarboxymethyl Dipeptide-12)
- Powerful peptides formula to reduce wrinkles
- Small, precise application
- Human testing for anti-aging
- Small size means product is used up faster
- Can sting in contact with eyes
Nature Republic Snail Solution Emulsion, 120 Grams
This multi-use hydrating emulsion from Nature Republic is perfect for reducing dark circles under the eyes, anti-aging and even reducing the appearance of acne scars. With 80% high quality Snail Mucin, reap all the natural benefits of the intensely moisturising ingredient. Snail Mucin encourages the skin’s production of Collagen and Elastin, plumping the skin and encouraging skin regeneration.
This eye cream also reduces redness, irritation and puffiness, soothing the eye area and making it look brighter. Get ready for soft, smooth skin. The emulsion has a light, watery texture that can be spread easily over the skin. It absorbs quickly and can be used with other products although some people prefer a thicker texture. This cream evens out your skin tone and smooths it, as well as lightening dark spots and combating aging. The formula is light, moisturising and easy to use. It is simple to apply with just your fingers to around the eye area, simply patting the cream into the skin.
- Snail Mucin which contains:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Glycoprotein enzymes
- Antimicrobial and copper peptides
- High concentration of Snail Mucin for hydration
- Anti-aging and skin-plumping properties
- Smooth formula that doesn’t leave skin feeling sticky
- Some people didn’t like that it was heavily perfumed
- Not as well suited for very sensitive skin
Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream, 25ml
If you are looking around for the best Korean eye creams that are effective on all skin types, look no further than the Mizon Collagen Power firming eye cream. With 42% Marine Collagen in the formulation, this eye cream has intense anti-aging powers to tighten and firm skin. It is specially designed for the delicate skin around the eyes meaning it is both gentle on the skin, while being effective at tackling lines.
The eye cream is free from benzophenone, ethanol, parabens, artificial scent and colour, making it hypoallergenic and well-suited to delicate and sensitive skin. It is also dermatologically tested. Simply use your fingertips to apply a small amount around the eyes and tap it in until absorbed. The collagen will then infiltrate deep into the skin, improving the elasticity of the skin, brightening dark circles, and targeting wrinkles. It can be applied twice a day, morning and evening after cleansing.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) seed oil
- Argania Spinosa kernel oil
- Honey extract
- High collagen percentage in the eye cream helps reduce signs of aging and promote skin regeneration
- Hypoallergenic, gentle formula
- Absorbs well
- Affordable price tag
- Some people found they used it quite quickly due to the small size
- Some people did not like the smell of the product
What is the Best Korean Eye Cream?
There are many great Korean skin care products out there designed especially for the eyes. The best one for you will depend on your skin type, what kind of problem areas you have, your needs and budget.
If you are looking for an eye cream that is anti-aging, try products with innovative hydrating and plumping ingredients, like Snail Mucim and Hyaluronic Acid. If you have oily skin perhaps go for a more lightweight formula, and for very dry skin, try a thicker, richer cream. In the list above you will see 10 awesome eye creams to make the decision easier for you. Just take a read through to find your perfect match.
Is Innisfree eye cream good?
Innisfree is a Korean skincare brand that creates high quality Korean eye creams and other products. Innisfree usually uses some natural products to infiltrate the skin and repair damaged or wrinkled skin. It is also very hydrating so is a great choice when looking to moisturise and rejuvenate the eye area. Check out the two Innisfree products in our list to see if they make your list of top Korean eye creams!
How do Koreans get rid of dark circles?
With the huge rise of Korean cosmetics and products, people often look to Korean beauty methods to solve their skin care issues. So are there any Korean tricks of the trade when it comes to removing eye bags? One tip is to use hydrating Korean eye creams.
These tend to be super moisturising and hydrating which helps to brighten your under-eye. In fact they often include active natural ingredients especially for this. During application, one tip is to make sure you apply the Korean eye creams to your eye area very gently.
Simply dab the cream on with your fingertips and lightly press into the skin instead of massaging vigorously. This protects the skin from extra damage. It is also good practice to put a thick layer of eye cream on overnight and wake up feeling and looking refreshed with reduced dark circles.
Is Eye Cream necessary?
You don’t need a separate cream for your eyes, but as the area is particularly delicate and tends to wrinkle easily, it is recommended to use a cream that is specially equipped to give it extra hydration, be very gentle on it and keep it looking as youthful as possible.
So there you have it. 10 different eye creams from Korea, that will all rejuvenate, refresh and brighten your eyes. Will you prefer trying some exciting new ingredients, choosing a hypoallergenic cream, an intensely moisturizing or a lightweight one? The diverse range of Korean eye creams has it all, which one do you love?