Last Updated on
Having dry and wrinkled skin on your face can make you look older. In order to have a youthful appearance, you need to use a quality face moisturizer. Your skin will absorb whatever you put on it, whether it is a lotion, oil, or cream. If these products do not work well with your skin, your face will feel dry and it may develop rashes along with irritation. Therefore, you need a 100% natural moisturizer with anti-aging ingredients that can replace the hydration lacking in your skin cells. People have now become aware of the ingredients used in their beauty products. That is why most brands have started producing cruelty-free vegan face moisturizers that are suitable for most skin types.
Vegan moisturizers are usually organic products, consisting of natural ingredients that are readily absorbed by your skin cells, as opposed to the artificially produced chemicals. These face moisturizers are also relatively safer to use because they do not have as many ingredients as non-vegan products, minimizing the chances of breakouts. Dermatologists also believe that vegan face moisturizers do not have the animal hormones typically seen in animal-derived products, and are thus suitable for sensitive skin.
Natural ingredients such as coconut oil and shea butter, with their anti-inflammatory properties, help nourish your skin and leave it radiant throughout the day. There are hundreds of vegan face moisturizer brands, which you can find at the local pharmacy or online stores. Here, we have compiled ten vegan face moisturizers that can be used on every skin type for obtaining a naturally glowing skin.
- Best Vegan Face Moisturizer
- 1. Gold Mountain Beauty Rose Moisturizer
- 2. Gold Mountain Beauty Skin Lightening Cream with Collagen
- 3. Arvesa Retinol Skin Moisturizing Cream
- 4. Jivi Face Moisturizer with SPF 12
- 5. KARYNG Restructuring Night Cream
- 6. Andalou Naturals CannaCell Happy Day Cream
- 7. LILY SADO Green Tea and Vitamin C Face Moisturizer Cream
- 8. Ursa Major Golden Hour Recovery Cream
- 9. Era Organics Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream
- 10. Awake Human Organic Facial Moisturizer
- What to Consider When Buying Vegan Face Moisturizer
Best Vegan Face Moisturizer
1. Gold Mountain Beauty Rose Moisturizer
This vegan face moisturizer from Gold Mountain Beauty, with diamond dust and hyaluronic acid as its active ingredients, is an ideal choice if you are looking for a natural anti-aging formula in a moisturizing cream. By adding hyaluronic acid, you give your skin the chance to replenish the moisture content that gradually diminishes with age. Moreover, it has natural aloe vera and glycerin for moisturizing your skin, while coconut oil with its vitamin A and E help increase your skin’s collagen production and elasticity. It also consists of antioxidant-rich green tea, which can lessen cell damage caused by exposure to UV rays.
The Rose Moisturizer, featuring a light-rose aroma with a silky smooth feel, blends quickly and sinks deep into your skin cells. Made from diamond dust, the moisturizer gently exfoliates your skin and adds a glow to your face. It soothes and hydrates your skin, helping in reducing redness and brightening your skin tone.
- Hydrating hyaluronic acid relieves dry skin
- Has a cooling formula
- Adds firmness to your skin while hydrating it
- Diamond dust content for exfoliation
- An effective blend of hyaluronic acid and natural ingredients
- Easy-to-use product
- The scent may not be suitable for allergic people
2. Gold Mountain Beauty Skin Lightening Cream with Collagen
Although uneven pigmentation is considered harmless, no one likes dark patches on their skin. While there are plenty of creams on the market today, most of them have artificial ingredients. Thanks to Gold Mountain Beauty, you have a vegan skin lightening cream with collagen that not just helps in reducing dark spots but also gives you a glowing, fairer tone. This cruelty-free product, being packed with collagen, purified water, glycerin, and corn oil, nourishes your skin and increases its elasticity while lightening your skin tone. It has vitamin A, B6, C, D, E, and K, which along with other natural ingredients, help soothe and moisturize your skin, thereby giving it a more radiant and fairer look.
If you have a fair skin tone, you are perhaps familiar with dullness, patchiness, and redness. The unevenness can be an issue when you try to apply foundation. The Collagen Skin Lightening Cream from Gold Mountain Beauty does not have any harsh chemicals, and its hydrating formula helps in having an even skin tone.
- Fades dark spots in just eight weeks
- Features a soft, creamy texture
- 100% cruelty-free, vegan skin lightening cream
- Does not contain harsh ingredients
- Minimizes all kinds of pigments, including sun spots, liver spots, or tans
- Easy-to-use product
- Feels greasy a few minutes after applying it
3. Arvesa Retinol Skin Moisturizing Cream
While most retinol lotions and creams are animal-derived products, this face moisturizer from Arvesa is 100 percent vegan. Whether you want to reduce your wrinkles, remove acne, tighten your skin, and hydrate your face, this Retinol Moisturizing Cream is a one-stop solution for all your skin problems. Its natural ingredients, including aloe vera, green tea, propolis, and vitamin E, along with retinol work on both men and women, helping in brightening their skin tone. Moreover, it has hyaluronic acid, a powerful component that promotes the regeneration of skin cells and reduces fine lines. This moisturizing cream, formulated with soothing jojoba oil and skin-softening vitamin E, keeps your skin hydrated, thereby lessening the chances of rashes, inflammation, and acne breakouts.
Since green tea is a potent antioxidant and antibacterial agent, this retinol cream can effectively unclog pores and help in getting rid of whiteheads, blackheads, and acne. It can be used at night as part of your regular skincare routine.
- Has powerful anti-aging ingredients
- Rejuvenates and tightens skin
- Increases skin firmness and elasticity
- Is a vegan product
- Helps reduce acne
- Tightens up skin with regular use
- Easily available
- May require sunscreen after each application
4. Jivi Face Moisturizer with SPF 12
One of the most favored vegan face moisturizers sold online, this product from Jivi comes with a decent sun protection formula that protects your skin from sunburns and tans. Aside from hydrating your skin, this face moisturizer gives you a super cooling sensation that reduces any irritation or redness. It has a hundred percent natural ingredients like cucumber peel, shea butter, and aloe vera juice that keeps your skin nourished and glowing throughout the day. Its matte finish makes it suitable for use under your makeup. Since it is not greasy, you can easily put it on during the summer and stay protected from the sun’s rays.
The moisturizer uses jojoba and olive oils, which are both non-comedogenic, meaning they do not allow your hair follicles to get clogged. It can be easily applied by gently massaging into your face. You can also add some cream to your shoulders, arms, and other places that will be exposed to the sun when you go out.
- SPF 12 sunscreen protects your skin from the sun
- Can be applied before makeup
- Comes with a light, non-greasy hydrating formula
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- Cools down red spots or irritation
- Sold at an affordable price
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
5. KARYNG Restructuring Night Cream
As far as vegan face moisturizers are concerned, this Restructuring Night Cream from KARYNG is one of the best. This super hydrating night cream contains powerful antioxidants that help rejuvenate and revitalize your skin. It works by restoring the moisture barrier of your skin to its healthy equilibrium, thereby reducing the signs of aging. It visibly reduces wrinkles and helps your skin feel supple and firm. Prepared from natural ingredients like Indian gentian leaves, licorice, and purple coneflower using the patented Pro-Verte Technology, this moisturizing cream has anti-inflammatory properties that help visibly repair your skin.
It increases the production of collagen, reducing dark circles, wrinkles, spots, and fine lines. Moreover, its regular use helps even out skin tone within a few weeks. It does not cause irritation or breakouts and can be applied to any skin types. The cream helps repair your skin overnight even in the winter months when your skin particularly dry.
- Visibly reduces wrinkles within a few weeks
- Uses the finest natural ingredients
- Has an incredibly hydrating formula
- Works overnight and rejuvenates skin
- Does not have artificial additives
- Available on different online stores
- Costlier than other vegan moisturizers
6. Andalou Naturals CannaCell Happy Day Cream
The CannaCell Happy Day Cream from Andalou Naturals, containing hemp stem cells, essential oils, and hemp seed oil, is an effective vegan moisturizer that is gentle on all skin types. Because of its antioxidant properties, the moisturizing cream prevents cell damage caused by UV exposure and pollution, and it keeps your skin hydrated all through the day. This day cream has a naturally soothing effect, and it helps in strengthening your skin’s barrier function. Aside from hemp seed oil, the cream contains aloe vera that is useful for uplifting the protective moisture barrier of your skin. It also includes vitamin C that vitalizes your skin and brightens its tone.
It is lightweight and has a great aroma, which makes it suitable for people with allergies. It has also been reported that this vegan moisturizer may lessen skin problems like eczema. The day cream, when applied regularly to cleansed face, helps in improving your skin’s natural defense.
- A nourishing day cream that is effective for both oily and dry skin
- Strengthens your skin barrier function
- Contains hemp, which has healing properties
- Protects your skin against pollution and ultraviolet rays
- Available at an affordable price
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan product
- Does not help in eradicating breakouts caused by acne
7. LILY SADO Green Tea and Vitamin C Face Moisturizer Cream
Looking for an effective face moisturizer with skin brightening and anti-aging formula? Then, LILY SADO’s face moisturizer is for you. It contains green tea and vitamin C that help deliver antioxidants for fighting free radicals and toxins, along with improving collagen production for a more firm and supple skin. Its jojoba oil and aloe vera contents are moisturizing and soothing, whereas the licorice root has anti-aging properties that help in preventing age spots and dark circles. The moisturizing cream also contains vitamin B5 and vitamin E that increases your skin’s elasticity and softness, along with reducing skin problems like itchiness and redness.
If you are suffering from acne and aging skin, then this moisturizer cream is all you need. It not just fights the different signs of aging but also helps combat acne and blemishes, along with brightening your skin. You can use it both day and night as part of your skincare routine.
- Soothes and nourishes skin while reducing redness and inflammation
- Regulates oil production and combats age spots
- All-natural ingredients, free of harsh chemicals
- Lightweight, not greasy
- Pleasant scent
- Good for wrinkles
- May not be useful in some cases, can dry out the skin
8. Ursa Major Golden Hour Recovery Cream
Rated as one of the best face moisturizers in the market, the Ursa Major Golden Hour Recovery Cream comes with a fast-absorbing, hydrating formula. It can be applied as an anti-wrinkle cream at any time of the day. With this vegan moisturizer, you can expect a reduction in blemishes, as well as visible fine lines, along with a soothed, replenished skin within a few weeks. It contains some of the finest natural ingredients, including calendula, sunflower, and sea buckthorn, together with plenty of vitamins, antioxidants, omegas, and essential fatty acids. Sea buckthorn, being a super fruit with a lot of antioxidants, protects your skin from cell damage.
Calendula and sunflower act as moisturizers and are effective in treating skin problems. Calendula, known for its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, helps soothe your skin. Sunflower oil, on the other hand, is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants. It is usually applied on clean, dry skin and then gently massaged until absorbed.
- Has anti-aging properties
- Hydrates your skin without heaviness
- Works well on all types of skin
- Soothes and replenishes your skin
- Fast-absorbing texture
- Natural ingredients, without any harsh chemicals
- A little pricey
9. Era Organics Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream
Specially formulated for fighting against visible signs of aging, this Face Moisturizer Cream from Era Organics is packed with natural ingredients, along with vitamins, amino acids, and essential minerals. It works as an effective treatment against fine lines, wrinkles, dull complexion, dark circles, as well as crow’s feet. It helps promote collagen production and gives your skin a more toned and youthful appearance. The kiwi extract in this vegan face moisturizer contains E, C, K, and A, all of which have an ocean of benefits, including repairing damaged tissue, increasing collagen production, and working as an anti-bacterial agent.
Another key component, the green tea, increases your skin’s ability to retain moisture and elasticity. When it comes to lessening the signs of aging, hyaluronic acid is an ingredient that plays a crucial role. It facilitates skin regeneration and allows your skin to retain moisture. Some other hydrating ingredients that you will get in this amazing moisturizer are moringa seed, coconut, and argan oil.
- An anti-aging cream that can be used on sensitive skin
- Not just moisturizes and nourishes the skin but also repairs and protects it from pollution
- Can be used as a day-and-night cream
- Has the finest anti-aging ingredients
- The texture is not greasy
- Little fragrance
- May take time to work in some cases
10. Awake Human Organic Facial Moisturizer
This face moisturizer from Awake Human is a fragrance-free, vegan product containing all-natural ingredients, including organic jojoba oil, aloe vera, safflower oil, sweet almond, and extracts of green tea. The other essential constituents are organic shea butter and honeysuckle flower extract. Being a non-comedogenic product, it does not clog the pores caused by acne and is suitable for oily and sensitive skin. It gives a unique matte feel so that your skin remains hydrated and moisturized without being too greasy after application. The moisturizer’s pH is also adjusted to 5.5, meaning it matches with your skin’s pH.
Aside from the unscented version, Awake Human produces a scented variety for those who desire a light scent. This scented version combines the aroma of ylang-ylang flowers and anise that quickly fades after you put it on skin. If you want to apply it on your face, use a half pump. For both, the face and neck, use a full pump.
- Gives your skin a unique matte feel
- Safe for use on sensitive skin
- Does not have harsh ingredients
- Requires a small amount
- Suitable for oily, acne-prone skin
- Not greasy
- May feel too light and not absorb well
What to Consider When Buying Vegan Face Moisturizer
Choosing the best face moisturizer for your skin is a difficult job because a moisturizer that works for a person may not be effective for others. When buying your vegan moisturizer, you should consider the following factors.
If your skin is oily and blemish-prone, you should look for a matte lotion that absorbs quickly into the skin. It should not be extra greasy and without lots of oil content. For dry skin, you need an extra hydrating product with ingredients such as coconut and jojoba oil and shea butter. Those with sensitive skin need an unscented moisturizer that is free of irritants.
Climate Where You Live
You will need a hydrating moisturizer if you live in a dry climate at high altitudes. But in humid weather, you will need a moisturizer that can absorb oil.
Make sure that the product you choose is free of harsh chemicals so that you can use it knowing toxic ingredients are not entering your body. Another thing to consider is to see that it contains anti-aging ingredients, such as matcha green tea, hyaluronic acid, and licorice root.
No matter what your philosophy is, implementing a lifestyle change in your life can be really hard. For the increasing number of vegans today, finding an all-natural, vegan face moisturizer in a world where most skincare products are ‘animal-derived’ is a daunting task. Therefore, the top 10 vegan face moisturizer brands that we have listed above will surely help you in your legwork and research. Add any of these products to your daily skincare routine and make your skin look more radiant.