It’s breaking, thinning, and dry as hay. Your luscious locks have become stressed-out tresses. It’s probably time to use the best shampoos and conditioners for damaged hair. You’ll be pleased with how smooth and shiny your hair becomes.
The issue is that most products on the market don’t actually do much for damaged hair. They either don’t work as advertised or make unrealistic claims as to what they can achieve.
Let us help you find what you’re looking for today. We’ve chosen the top shampoos and conditioners that repair damaged hair. The reviews below will speed up your shopping.
- Best Shampoos & Conditioners for Damaged Hair (2020 Update)
- 1. TIGI Bed Head Resurrection Shampoo/Conditioner Level 3
- 2. TIGI Bed Head Urban Anti-dote Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner Duo Damage Level 2
- 3. Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo, for Damaged Hair
- 4. Nexxus Keraphix Conditioner, for Damaged Hair
- 5. Nexxus Emergencee Repair Rebalancing Shampoo and Restoring Conditioner, Marine Collagen Duo Set
- 6. Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair Shampoo
- 7. Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair Conditioner
- 8. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair – Fiber Therapy For Extremely Damaged Hair – Shampoo & Conditioner Set
- 9. Joico K Pak Shampoo for Repair Damage
- 10. Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Sulfate-free Shampoo for Extremely Damaged/Over-Processed Hair
- 11. Ryoe Korean Herbal Anti Hairloss Damaged Hair Shampoo Conditioner
- 12. OGX Damage Remedy + Coconut Miracle Oil Extra Strength Shampoo
- 13. OGX Damage Remedy + Coconut Miracle Oil Extra Strength Conditioner
- 14. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner Set
- 15. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner
- 16. Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo Honey Treasures, For Damaged Hair
- 17. Garnier Hair Care Whole Blends Repairing Conditioner Honey Treasures for Damaged Hair
- 18. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo and Daily Deep Conditioner
- 19. Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Hair Reconstructor Deep Conditioner
- 20. Maple Holistics Sulfate-Free Silk18 Shampoo and Conditioner for Dry Damaged Hair
- 21. Pantene Argan Oil Shampoo and Sulfate-Free Conditioner
- 22. Solimo Soft & Sleek Conditioner with Vitamin H & Silk Protein
- 23. Wella Sp Repair Conditioner for Damaged Hair
- 24. L’Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Conditioner with 5 Essential Oils
- 25. L’Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo
- 26. L’Oreal Total Repair Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner
- Related Articles
- Popular Articles
Best Shampoos & Conditioners for Damaged Hair (2020 Update)
1. TIGI Bed Head Resurrection Shampoo/Conditioner Level 3
TIGI’s Resurrection shampoo and conditioner revive extremely damaged hair. If you bleached, dyed, and heat-styled your strands to death, reach for these bottles. They hydrate and fortify what you have left and protect it from further damage. Of course, they’re safe for color-treated hair. The end result is three times stronger and twelve times smoother so it’s soft and shiny, too.
2. TIGI Bed Head Urban Anti-dote Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner Duo Damage Level 2
If you don’t need to resurrect your hair, but you’re tired of split ends and dry strands, try this TIGI shampoo and conditioner combo. The Urban Antidote duo moisturizes while it prevents color from fading. It also smoothes the cuticle, reduces frizz, and makes hair anti-static.
3. Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo, for Damaged Hair
The NEXXUS Keraphix shampoo makes a positive difference with only one wash. Its secret lies in a potent protein infusion of keratin and black rice. Although it strengthens strands, it doesn’t contain silicone which could make hair heavy and limp.
Why black rice? That’s because tests show that fermented rice water is the reason why a certain women in a Chinese village have extremely long healthy hair. The rice water is rich in an amino acid that’s lost when hair is damaged.
4. Nexxus Keraphix Conditioner, for Damaged Hair
The Keraphix conditioner continues where the shampoo leaves off by adding extra conditioning. Locks feel luxuriously smooth, soft, and weightless. The conditioner makes it easier to detangle strands.
5. Nexxus Emergencee Repair Rebalancing Shampoo and Restoring Conditioner, Marine Collagen Duo Set
Try the Nexxus Emergencee Repair kit with marine collagen to rebuild your hair. The silicone-free formula is packed with elastin protein to strengthen each strand. Customers with extreme damage report that these products help them recover from too much bleaching. It made it possible for them to brush their hair without tearing it out.
6. Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair Shampoo
Schwarzkopf tested their Ultime Omega Repair shampoo and found that it prevents up to 90% of split ends. The inclusion of omega oil adds shine and makes tresses silky. One other benefit is that it adds volume to disguise where hair is thinning.
7. Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair Conditioner
Be sure to use the Ultime Omega Repair conditioner after you shampoo to get maximum results. Schwarzkopf promises that it becomes three times easier to comb your mane. It reduces tangling without making hair limp.
8. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair – Fiber Therapy For Extremely Damaged Hair – Shampoo & Conditioner Set
The Gliss Hair Repair set from Schwarzkopf contains a mega dose of keratin to reinforce the fibers of your hair. Users say that the shampoo makes thick suds and leaves hair very soft. Swimmers appreciate it because it helps them recover from the chlorinated water.
9. Joico K Pak Shampoo for Repair Damage
JOICO’s K Pak is a professional product you’ll find in beauty supply stores. It’s color-safe and gentle enough for curly hair. The formula repairs and rejuvenates dried-out hair with aloe, Vitamin E, and amino acids. With regular use, strands are stronger and better able to bounce back from color treatments and heat styling.
10. Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Sulfate-free Shampoo for Extremely Damaged/Over-Processed Hair
In the early 90s, a woman began crafting skin and hair care products in her New York home. That business grew into Carol’s Daughter. Now their Almond Milk shampoo and conditioner set is a popular choice to care for very dry and over-processed hair.
The nourishing ingredients like almond oil, shea oil, and aloe butter help your mane to bounce back. Since they moisturize and strengthen strands, there’s no need for sulfates, petrolatum, artificial dyes, or mineral oil.
11. Ryoe Korean Herbal Anti Hairloss Damaged Hair Shampoo Conditioner
Ryoe’s herbal shampoo and conditioner set is a popular Korean remedy for stressed-out hair. It has read ginseng and biota seed, exotic ingredients that take care of both scalp and strands. This kit reverses damage and reduces hair loss.
12. OGX Damage Remedy + Coconut Miracle Oil Extra Strength Shampoo
Once you experiment with the OGX Damage Remedy and Coconut Miracle shampoo, you may decide to leave all other brands behind. The delicious tropical scent reveals some of the primary ingredients. Besides coconut oil, there are vanilla bean extract and essence of tiaré, the national flower of Tahiti.
This combination adds volume while it smoothes away frizz. Hair looks soft, shiny, and bouncy. Moreover, there are no sulfates in the bottle.
13. OGX Damage Remedy + Coconut Miracle Oil Extra Strength Conditioner
Apply the OGX extra strength conditioner to ensure maximum protection for your hair while it recovers. Just like the shampoo, it’s color-safe.
14. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner Set
SheaMoisture’s shampoo and conditioner contain certified organic shea butter, one of the best natural moisturizers on the planet. They also have argan oil, sea kelp, and vitamin E. Together these elements restore bounce and shine and strengthen extra dry hair. Customers say the delicious-smelling shampoo alone leaves their hair very manageable.
15. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner
Herbal Essences hydrates and conditions with coconut essence. Users say this set of shampoo and conditioner makes their hair look healthier. The only complaint is that the new formula has a different scent.
16. Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo Honey Treasures, For Damaged Hair
Garnier’s Honey Treasures shampoo is free of parabens but contains sulfates. It makes use of ancient remedies to heal and revitalize hair. The creamy formula has honey, propolis, and Royal Jelly to repair split ends and restore moisture.
17. Garnier Hair Care Whole Blends Repairing Conditioner Honey Treasures for Damaged Hair
Continue the repair process with Garnier’s Honey Treasures conditioner. Like the shampoo, it contains honey, propolis, and Royal Jelly. But it also has argan oil, aloe, and glycerin for deep hydration. It’s free of parabens, too.
18. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo and Daily Deep Conditioner
Neutrogena’s Triple Moisture shampoo and conditioner is clinically proven to soften severely over-processed hair after only one use. Instead of SLS or SLES, it has a mild sulfate that’s less threatening to damaged hair. It also contains meadowfoam seed oil, sweet almond, and olive fruit oil to penetrate and protect each strand. Finally, these products also reduce flaking and itching caused by dandruff.
19. Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Hair Reconstructor Deep Conditioner
Pretty much everyone is familiar with the Aussie 3-Minute Miracle conditioner. It relies on Australian balm mint to repair split ends and smooth hair cuticles. Surfers and swimmers love this product because it revitalizes their hair after exposure to pool and ocean water.
20. Maple Holistics Sulfate-Free Silk18 Shampoo and Conditioner for Dry Damaged Hair
Maple Holistics sells products that are cruelty-free and lack parabens. They offer a money-back guarantee, too. If you prefer natural ingredients to laboratory chemicals, give their Silk18 shampoo and conditioner a try. Both are made with argan oil, green tea, Hibiscus, Sea Buckthorn, organic pomegranate, and jojoba oil. This blend is safe for color-treated hair and nourishing to both your mane and body. The inclusion of silk amino acids makes hair more resilient and adds shine and volume.
21. Pantene Argan Oil Shampoo and Sulfate-Free Conditioner
Pantene’s Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner repair mild damage and protects your tresses from the elements. It makes hair look healthier and easier to untangle.
22. Solimo Soft & Sleek Conditioner with Vitamin H & Silk Protein
You might like the Solimo moisture conditioner if you’ve ever used the TRESemme Smooth and Silky. Users say that this product gives similar results and has a similar fragrance to the name brand version. Some say that it doesn’t provide the same amount of volume and seems to leave a residue. On the other hand, the Solimo conditioner is less expensive.
Whether you prefer the name brand or the knock-off, they both have Vitamin E. In combination with silk proteins, the conditioner repairs and fortifies brittle, dry hair. It also diminishes frizz.
23. Wella Sp Repair Conditioner for Damaged Hair
The Wella Sp conditioner works a miracle in only 30 seconds. Customers say that it’s worth using on long hair even if it’s not damaged. It repairs strands and shields them from environmental damage.
24. L’Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Conditioner with 5 Essential Oils
In two minutes, the Aromachologie conditioner from L’Occitane nourishes and regenerates very dry hair. The intense restoration comes from lavender, geranium, patchouli, Angelica, and Ylang-Ylang essential oils plus sweet almond oil.
25. L’Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo
L’Oreal paris elvive is a five repairing shampoo for damaged hair. This shampoo reduces hair breakage and also repairs the hair. It also helps you to untangle your hair. It helps to fight five signs of damages like split ends, dull, rough, feeble and dry hair.
L’Oreal Paris is enriched with protein plus ceramide elixirs and helps to strengthen every strand of your hair. This new shampoo plus conditioner has the same wonderful formula but comes with a new appearance. It also helps to overcome all types of hair damage. It also helps your hair to recover from severe dryness.
26. L’Oreal Total Repair Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner
L’Oreal’s Total Repair kit pleases customers because just a little goes a long way. The shampoo and conditioner reconstruct damaged hair fibers and protect them against dryness with ceramides. For maximum shine and softness, leave the conditioner on for a few minutes before you rinse.
If you don’t like what you see in the mirror, you can change it. Just because your hair is brittle and thin now doesn’t mean it always has to be that way. Make room in the shower for the best shampoos and conditioners for damaged hair. Some of them promise a visible difference after only a single use. A small investment today will pay off with healthier, shinier hair soon.
Related ArticlesView All Posts
If you have natural African American hair, having the right hairdryer can be important. Natural hair is hair that has not been treated by chemicals or dies. Whatever your type, natural hair can be prone to dryness. It gets heat[...]
For lovers of heat hairstyling, the worst thing to realize is that your hair has become damaged. Suddenly using heat on your hair can feel like a catch 22 — you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.[...]
Stressing out about disturbing your roommates with a hairdryer that sounds like a freight train roaring through the night? Hate having to sneak off to the bathroom to dry your hair when your partner is playing sleeping beauty in bed?[...]
Popular ArticlesView All Posts
How do you know which are the best essential oil brands for your money? After all, this is an industry that isn’t regulated by the FDA. Oil quality can vary based on the distillation process of each company. Does the[...]
If you suffer from dark spots on the skin (hyperpigmentation), sometimes it can feel like everyone is looking at them. Luckily they aren’t dangerous, but they can be a bother in public. Especially when they occur on the face and[...]
You’ve enjoyed your dip powder nails for a few weeks now, but the time has come to remove them. Lucky for you, you don’t have to visit a salon to take off your manicure. You can remove SNS nails at[...]
Fine hair refers to the thickness of your individual hair strands. If you have fine hair, I'm sure you go through ups and downs with it. On some days you probably rejoice in the fact that it is easy and[...]
Blackheads. Pesky little black-tipped spots that lurk in the pores of your nose. However rigorous your daily cleansing routine, blackheads can start feeling like that annoying friend that just keeps hanging around. Unfortunately, blackheads are one of the most common[...]
Do you wish you had a magic eraser for your face? Those laugh lines and dark spots are proof that you have a lot of stories to tell. But if you’d rather keep your age a secret, then a foundation[...]
Acne-prone skin deserves tender loving care. It needs to be hydrated just like the rest of your body. While creamy, thick oils are out of the question, there are still plenty of moisture-boosting options. The best night creams for acne-prone[...]
Battling with bad skin and breakouts? Does greasy skin leave you pimple-prone? If so, salicylic acid might just be your new best friend. And your spot's worst enemy. Many people struggle with spots, pocks, and persistent skin trouble. These can[...]
If you get an oily scalp like me, you will probably marvel at those people that can wait five days between hair washes. While, let’s face it, us oily-scalpers are every-other-day-hairwash people at best. And an oily scalp often means[...]