Do you wish you had a magic eraser for your face? Those laugh lines and dark spots are proof that you have a lot of stories to tell. But if you’d rather keep your age a secret, try one of the best foundations for aging skin over 60. They will smooth over lines and discoloration to grant you a younger complexion.
To save you time as you shop, we researched the top foundations for aging skin over 60. We hope our reviews help you find the perfect makeup for your needs.
- 2019’s Best Foundations for Mature Skin Over 60
- 1. Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25
- 2. TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation from Mary Kay
- 3. Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation
- 4. Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15
- 5. Givenchy Teint Couture Blurring Foundation Balm SPF 15
- 6. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation
- 7. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Visible Lift Luminous Serum Tint
- 8. Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Filter Foundation
- 9. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup
- 10. Christie Brinkley Authentic Beauty Forever Flawless Professional Finish Foundation SPF 40
- 11. Bella Mari Natural Moisturizing Foundation
- 12. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- 13. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
- 14. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream
- 15. Almay Smart Shade Anti-Aging Skintone Matching Makeup
- 16. Dior Capture Totale Foundation SPF 25
- 17. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation
- 18. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Liquid Makeup
- 19. Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Smooth-Effect Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- 20. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil-Free Photo Edition Foundation
- 21. Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF 15
- 22. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation
- Full coverage or sheer: which is best for mature skin?
2019’s Best Foundations for Mature Skin Over 60
1. Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25
Estée Lauder delights women over 60 with the Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Foundation. Not only does it immediately make your skin more radiant, but it also minimizes fine lines. Just as important, it doesn’t cake or settle into wrinkles. The anti-aging serum inside moisturizes and fights signs of aging. And the satin-finish means that it looks natural, not overdone.
2. TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation from Mary Kay
Mary Kay’s TimeWise Foundation keeps your skin looking young all day long. The matte finish won’t rub off on clothes or melt off in high humidity. In fact, if you struggle with oily skin, this is one of the best foundations to try.
The peptides and vitamin E nourish your face to shrink wrinkles and reduce blemishes. Also, you should be able to find the perfect color among the 23 shades available.
3. Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation
CoverGirl and Olay teamed up to bring you a medium-coverage foundation that also fights signs of aging. Once you apply it, it disguises fine lines and age spots. At the same time, it works to firm your skin and fade discoloration. To this end, it contains both vitamin E and niacinamide plus green tea. And it’s available in 12 shades.
4. Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15
Clarins includes argan oil and Camellia Sinensis leaf extract to moisturize your skin and make it supple. But it also protects against ultraviolet radiation with mineral sunscreen. Of course, it also provides light to medium coverage.
5. Givenchy Teint Couture Blurring Foundation Balm SPF 15
Givenchy’s Blurring Foundation only offers lightweight coverage. But that’s ideal if you don’t want to look like you caked on your makeup. Instead, it contains a diamond powder that reflects light and blurs texture and dark spots. Your skin will look radiant and natural. Meanwhile, the formula helps turn back time with antioxidants and jasmine flower. Customers say that one application in the morning lasts all day.
6. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation
Cover FX is mild and oil-free to protect sensitive skin. It minimizes pores and brightens the complexion with a soft-focus finish. Moreover, it has medium buildable coverage. While you wear it, vitamin C and E fight the free radicals that make skin age.
7. L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Visible Lift Luminous Serum Tint
As you may expect from the name, L’Oreal’s Visible Lift Serum Tint is so lightweight it’s hard to tell that you’re wearing anything. But it boosts moisture in the skin to revitalize its appearance immediately. Users over 60 say that it creates a subtly radiant effect that evens out their skin tone and texture.
8. Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Filter Foundation
Revlon’s Insta-Filter Foundation grants you a flawless complexion. The high-definition shades and buildable medium coverage disguises frown lines, crow’s feet, and dark spots. Therefore, the next time someone snaps a group photo to post online, you can be confident that you look your very best.
Some customers have complained about the way the product dispenses with the built-in application brush. On the other hand, the brush makes application easy. Just be sure to shake the bottle before you begin.
9. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup
Put on the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind makeup, and you’ll see a difference immediately when you look in the mirror. That’s because the formula moisturizes dehydrated skin and fills in texture. Fine lines will disappear. At the same time, you can feel confident outdoors with SPF 18 protection from the sun. Finally, throughout the day the foundation firms your skin with collagen and goji berry.
10. Christie Brinkley Authentic Beauty Forever Flawless Professional Finish Foundation SPF 40
Christie Brinkley’s foundation provides excellent protection against the sun with SPF 40 sunscreen. The light to medium coverage hydrates the skin while it diminishes fine lines and improves skin tone.
11. Bella Mari Natural Moisturizing Foundation
Bella Mari’s Natural Foundation skips all the chemicals and irritants that so many other products have. Instead, it contains a mineral sunscreen with SPF 30. In addition, it feels lightweight on the skin and won’t cake if applied in thin layers.
This cruelty-free makeup lacks all of the following: synthetic fragrances and dyes, propylene glycol, phthalates, talc, parabens, petrolatum, synthetic preservatives, and more. If you are enthusiastic about caring for the environment as well as your skin, try this foundation.
12. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
Customers who use the Too Faced Born This Way foundation love that it stays in place all day even if they perspire. It doesn’t look cakey. Additionally, it contains coconut water and hyaluronic acid to moisturize dry skin and fill out fine lines.
13. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
Vichy’s Dermafinish foundation offers high coverage that lasts for up to 16 hours. It also has a mineral sunscreen with SPF 30 protection. Users say that it gives them a flawless appearance without caking or settling into wrinkles.
Like other products from the same company, this one was tested to be safe for sensitive skin and those who wear contact lenses. It’s free of fragrances and non-comedogenic.
14. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream
It Cosmetics makes sure you don’t need to worry about the details. It’s a color-correcting cream that brightens and nourishes your skin while it protects you from sunburn. It combines foundation, sunscreen, and moisturizer all in one.
First, the deeply hydrating formula contains peptides, vitamins, antioxidants, and hydrolyzed collagen. These components reduce the appearance of wrinkles and pores. Second, the full coverage cream hides dark circles and age spots without creasing into lines. And third, the broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen keeps your skin safe throughout the day.
15. Almay Smart Shade Anti-Aging Skintone Matching Makeup
Almay only offers three shades of this makeup, but the tint automatically adjusts to your skin tone. At the same time, the medium-weight coverage camouflages imperfections without settling into creases. Furthermore, it provides SPF 20 broad-spectrum sunscreen.
16. Dior Capture Totale Foundation SPF 25
Dior’s serum foundation has three effects. First, it evens skin tone to make your face look more youthful. Next, it revitalizes dull skin with a dose of moisture and rebuilds it with the Longoza Cellular Complex. And finally, it offers SPF 25 sunscreen.
17. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation
Perricone MD No Foundation is an exclusive, multi-use formula that lets the natural wellbeing of your skin to shine all the way through. This foundation does not contain any chemical and the SPF 30 provides your skin with protection all day. This also helps in protecting the skin and delivers clear coverage. It also enhances the skin’s moisture during the day.
This foundation absorbs rapidly and the high power ingredients help to improve the firmness of your skin. Due to this your skin will appear soft and naturally glowing. It also helps to soften the appearance of wrinkles. The Perricone MD no foundation comes in 30 ml and provides powerful benefits with noticeable results.
18. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Liquid Makeup
Urban Decay keeps it light with their anti-aging liquid foundation. It literally creates a youthful complexion that’s more than just on the surface. The light-diffusing spheres blur blemishes while green tea and vitamin E slow aging. Then, the proprietary Matrixyl 3000 technology uses peptides to fight wrinkles while lychee fruit moisturizes the skin.
19. Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Smooth-Effect Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Chanel’s Lumiere Makeup is just what you need to manage oily skin and an overly-reactive T-zone. It has a velvety smooth finish and medium coverage. The pigments blur texture and discoloration to make you look flawless without caking.
20. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil-Free Photo Edition Foundation
Laura Mercier’s Silk Crème Foundation lasts up to 12 hours. That’s because it’s packed with high-performance pigment that sets to a satin finish. Moreover, the pigments provide protection against the sun as well as environmental pollution. Customers say that the foundation glides on and looks airbrushed.
21. Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF 15
Shiseido’s Radiant Lifting Foundation is worth every penny to customers who swear by it. They say it makes their skin look unblemished and radiant especially since it never creases or cakes. The creamy formula offers full coverage without feeling sticky or causing breakouts. It’s targeted for users with normal to very dry skin.
Part of Shiseido’s secret is Radiant Reflecting Powder. It blurs lines to make your complexion look younger. But the foundation also has anti-aging ingredients like rose apple leaf extract and hydroxyproline. The latter component supports collagen production to make your skin firmer.
22. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation
Perricone MD understands that sometimes we want to look our best without looking as if we tried at all. Their No Foundation Foundation was developed for celebrity makeup artists who want to enhance the skin’s natural beauty without covering it up.
As a result, users say it minimizes the appearance of imperfections with a satiny finish. But it also improves moisture levels and fights signs of aging with antioxidants and alpha-lipoic acid. Furthermore, it has a mineral sunscreen with SPF 30.
Full coverage or sheer: which is best for mature skin?
Celebrity makeup artists often recommend a compromise between full coverage and sheer foundations. They’ll use light-reflecting formulas with a dewy finish. Unless you have oily skin, a matte finish could make skin look older and drier.
While some products like the CC cream from It Cosmetics cover all the bases with moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation, it doesn’t hurt to moisturize and prime first. Then apply makeup with built-in radiance like Givenchy’s Teint Couture or Shiseido’s Radiant Lifting Foundation.
As we wrap up our reviews of the best foundations for aging skin over 60, we feel hopeful. There are many good choices to suit a variety of needs. Whether your main concern is dryness, wrinkles, or age spots, you can find makeup that minimizes or resolves the problem.