Last Updated on
Some of us don’t like hair down there, and prefer our pubic area to be smooth. Now I’m not talking just a short back and sides, but full on brazilian-style smooth. If that sounds like you, then you have probably tried any number of hair removal methods. Shaving, waxing, hair removal cream, you name it. And let me guess? You have found that they all have some pretty big drawbacks. Which might be why you are considering an epilator.
When shaving your downstairs, you risk cuts in delicate areas, as well as a grow-back time of about 2 days. Waxing lasts longer but it’s an expensive habit performed by a total stranger, and creams, don’t even get me started on the stinging. So, you might be wondering about investing in an epilator. Epilating is a long-lasting hair removal method that is relatively inexpensive as you only have the initial up-front cost. It uses tweezers to grab multiple hairs at a time from the root, similar to waxing, results lasting up to 4 weeks. The device itself can last for years and epilation can be done from the privacy of your own home.
Epilation is a fairly common hair removal technique for different areas of the body, but it is quite a painful one. Therefore not everybody dares use it for the full brazilian. It is safe to do so, but you need to be very careful to keep the skin taut around the labia, so the rotating head doesn’t pinch the skin. Also, as expected, there might be some hard to reach areas, and I can’t lie, it’s going to hurt. If you have been for a wax before though, the pain isn’t so different, so the discomfort is something you can get used to. And will get better every time you use it.
So, if you want to give it a try, how do you find the best epilator for brazilian? Well we have scoured the market and compiled a list of the 10 best epilators to get the effect of a brazilian wax. Check out the top products below linking to amazon.com, to make your hair removal journey as smooth as possible.
- Best Epilator for Brazilian
- Braun Silk-epil 7 7-880 Wet & Dry, Cordless Epilator and 7 extras
- Hizek 2 in 1 Cordless Epilator Including Lady Shaver with Led Light
- Philips Satinelle Essential Compact Epilator for Legs, HP6401/50
- Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 – Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator and 7 extras
- Hizek 4 in 1 Cordless Wet & Dry Electronic Epilator with Lady Shaver, Body Exfoliation Brush and Body Massager
- Keda Cordless Women’s Epilator USB Rechargeable
- ElectriBrite Cordless Epilator, Mini Rechargeable Travel
- Braun Epilator Silk-epil 5 5-890, Shaver Wet & Dry, Cordless and 5 extras
- Kibiy 3 IN 1 Cordless Electric Epilator, Shaver, Razor, Rechargeable Callus Remover
- Watolt 4 in 1 Rechargeable Epilator, Includes Four Heads for Complete Hair Removal
- Which epilator to buy?
- Which is the best epilator to buy?
- How to use an epilator on pubic hair
- Is epilator good for sensitive skin
Best Epilator for Brazilian
Braun Silk-epil 7 7-880 Wet & Dry, Cordless Epilator and 7 extras
This epilator has to go at number one on the list due to its SensoSmart technology that makes it, as Braun has branded it, a smart epilator. It uses special pressure sensors to let you know when you are pressing too hard, prompting you to adjust your handling. It makes this one of the best devices for sensitive areas and perfect for a brazilian.
It is 100% waterproof so you can use this in the bath or shower, some people find wet epilation more gentle. This product has a pivoting head which means it moves with your skin’s contours and won’t miss a hair! It also comes with various detachable shaver heads and control caps for sensitive areas.
- Cordless design
- 2 hour charge time for 40 minutes operation
- 7 different attachments and trimmer caps
- SensoSmart technology stops you pressing too hard
- Can be used in the bath or shower
- Gentle epilator for long-lasting effects
- Pricier than some epilators on the market
- Can cause redness and bumps right after use
Hizek 2 in 1 Cordless Epilator Including Lady Shaver with Led Light
The LED light combined with special cap for sensitive areas makes this one the best models for a brazilian. The light allows for precision hair removal, lighting up hard-to-reach areas as well as short, unruly hairs. There are also 2 speeds, the slower speed being especially suited for more delicate areas.
The epilator is cordless and rechargeable. This along with its compact size means it is great for home or travel. Results can last up to 4 weeks and this epilator can grab hairs as short as 2mm. You will be looking smooth in no time!
- Cordless, rechargeable
- 2 speed settings
- Shaver attachment and different caps for various uses
- Built-in light for better more precise removal of hair
- Budget friendly
- Good for travel
- Some epilators can remove shorter hairs
- No corded option
Philips Satinelle Essential Compact Epilator for Legs, HP6401/50
If you don’t plan on taking your epilator on any travels, you might be interested in a corded device. That means you don’t need to worry about charging the device, and will always have full, uninterrupted power. And what better-corded epilator than the Philips Satinelle HP6401/50? It is one of the most highly regarded models and comes at a reasonable price. It removes hairs as short as 0.5mm, although the ideal length for removal is 3 to 4mm.
The Philips Satinelle has two speeds and comes with an efficiency cap for use on sensitive areas. This makes it one of the best choices for a brazilian as you get long-lasting results, and can avoid the irritation from daily shaving.
- Corded device for dry use
- 2 speed settings
- Removable and washable head
- Efficiency head for better contact with skin
- Ergonomic handle for easy manoeuvring
- Washable head for easy up-keep
- No wireless option
- Use on dry skin only
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 – Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator and 7 extras
Braun has made this model with the latest and best technology, making this the best epilator, 2018 release, for a brazilian. The head is some 40% wider than past models meaning it can grab more hairs at once. It also has longer and deeper tweezers that remove hairs up to 4 x shorter than a wax. This means you will obtain better, more long-lasting, results.
A great thing about this device is that it’s waterproof and so can be used in the bath or shower. Many people prefer epilating wet skin as it can create a smoother, less painful experience. This is ideal for a brazilian which is in a particularly sensitive area.
This epilator comes with 7 different attachments including a shaver head, trimmer cap, massage head and even facial brush. These can help regulate hair length for epilating, help comfort, and keep your whole body trimmed and hair free.
- 7-in-1 epilator with shaver, efficiency caps and facial brush
- Cordless design
- Wet and dry use
- Pivoting head allows closer hair removal
- Active vibrations add comfort, best epilator for brazilian
- Smart light provide a means of precise removal
- High price tag
- Using an epilator for brazilian can be painful and leave red bumpy skin after use
Hizek 4 in 1 Cordless Wet & Dry Electronic Epilator with Lady Shaver, Body Exfoliation Brush and Body Massager
For an epilator that doubles up as a multi-functioning beauty kit, try the Hizek wet and dry epilator with 4 different functions in 1. The epilator head has an extra wide design to grab more hairs at once and irritate the skin less. It also has a curved form to follow the contours of your body and obtain better results.
It is totally waterproof and can be used in the bath or shower, which can be more comfortable for a brazilian. It is also recommended you pull the skin taut when you epilate as it gives a more comfortable experience. Hold the epilator at 90 degrees to use, pulling against the direction of the hair growth. As well as an epilator head, you get a shaver, skin brush and massager too, the perfect pamper kit!
- Extra wide epilator with 3 other attachments – shaver, massager, facial brush
- Cordless design
- Grabs hair from 2 to 4mm
- Waterproof, wet and dry use ok
- Easy to use
- 4 different heads
- Some people complained of the battery life
- Some people found it was not very good removing long hairs
Keda Cordless Women’s Epilator USB Rechargeable
This cheap and cheerful 18-tweezer epilator, removes hair efficiently without the price tag. It has 2 speed settings, the lower of which can be good for a more gentle experience. There is an in-built LED light on the product allowing you to remove hair without missing a single one.
Designed to be used in the dry, the device is not waterproof. It is one of the best epilators to be used on dry skin, so not a problem if you prefer dry epilation. The head is washable though so you can keep the device clean and in good condition. It also comes with a dry cleaning brush to keep the tweezer heads clear.
- USB-rechargeable epilator
- 2 speed settings
- Washable head and cleaning brush
- Compact size and rechargeable means it’s good when travelling
- Budget friendly
- LED light built in
- Long charge time of 8 hours which gives 40 minutes of use. Just make sure you are prepared and charge it up overnight.
- This epilator can be painful in sensitive areas
ElectriBrite Cordless Epilator, Mini Rechargeable Travel
If you prefer a super slim epilator to easily attend to smaller, hard-to-reach areas, the ElectriBrite mini epilator could be the best epilator for you. It is especially designed with only 9 tweezers in the head to allow you to remove hair in a super precise way. This makes it great for a brazilian, but it is also well suited for the facial area and other parts of the body. Although, the small size means it may take longer for larger surface areas.
This model comes with a built-in light which reveals any stray or super-fine hairs, leaving you with top results, like a brazilian wax. As it is lightweight and portable, this model is good for travel and comes with charger cable and even a cute pink carry pouch.
- Slim epilator for precision hair removal
- Cordless device, battery life around 30 minutes
- Dry use only
- Mini size for hard to reach places when doing a brazilian
- Smart light to light up super fine hair
- Low price
- The size can be a negative if you want to use this for bigger surface areas like legs
- Can only be used in the dry
- Short battery life
Braun Epilator Silk-epil 5 5-890, Shaver Wet & Dry, Cordless and 5 extras
You might be worried about using an epilator down there for a brazilian, as people have reported it is possible to pinch loose skin around the labia, which can even be sucked into the roller mechanism. And let’s face it, no-one wants that. So, if you are hesitant, why not check out the Braun 5 5-890? It is one of the only models out there with SensoSmart technology that guides epilation, making it a gentle experience, and easy to use, even for beginners. A red light signals when you are pressing too hard.
The massage rollers help reduce the pain of epilating and there are several different caps to fit the curves of your body better. There is also a shaver head and trimmer head that come with the epilator as an added bonus. The battery life and charge time aren’t bad either, a 2 hour charge lasting around 50 minutes of use.
- Cordless epilator
- A shaver and trimmer head, skin contact cap and carry pouch
- For wet and dry use
- SensoSmart technology allows for an easy, more gentle experience
- Can catch hairs from 0.5 mm
- Decent battery life
- Higher price range for epilators
- On some review sites some people did leave a reply that the cleaning and use
- instructions were hard to understand
Kibiy 3 IN 1 Cordless Electric Epilator, Shaver, Razor, Rechargeable Callus Remover
The pivoting head of the Kibiy 3 in 1 device, makes this a great choice in terms of best epilator for brazilian. The head moves to fit the contours of the body as you move it, meaning it’s the epilator best for getting into nooks and crannies. It also comes with a shaver which has hypoallergenic, stainless steel blades which is great for avoiding any infections around your private parts.
The design is easy to use, just pull the epilator against the hair growth to remove hairs for up to 4 weeks. It has a simple release button to change over the heads. The foot file comes with rotating heads and helps to get rid of dry skin and remove calluses. It is a very reasonably priced, cordless design, although the charge time is quite long, at a whopping 8 hours.
- Epilator with 30-tweezer head
- Interchangeable shaver and foot-buffer head for calluses
- 2 speed settings
- Built-in light
- On the lower price end for an epilator
- Pivoting head to provide a means to follow contours of pubic area for a brazilian
- 8-hour charge time
- For dry use only
Watolt 4 in 1 Rechargeable Epilator, Includes Four Heads for Complete Hair Removal
For another of the best affordable devices that include several tools in one, check out the Watolt 4 in 1 epilator. The powerful epilator head pulls out hairs from the root without irritating the skin, meaning it can be used for a brazilian. It comes with a shaver head and razor head meaning you can trim any areas you don’t want to epilate, or use the heads to trim the hair to the optimum length for epilation. This will reap optimum results! All heads are also hypoallergenic so you can feel safe using them for hair removal in delicate areas. It also claims to be extra gentle in sensitive areas, including the face, making it one of the best choices for a brazilian.
Cordless and rechargeable, this epilator is easy to handle and move around. It has a compact and lightweight design meaning it can be used either at home or on the move!
- Epilator with shaver and razor head for hair removal and foot file for callous removal
- Hypoallergenic heads
- Cordless and rechargeable
- Great for sensitive areas
- Results up to 4 weeks
- Hypoallergenic attachments
- In reviews some people did leave a reply that materials were not very high quality
- Some people found the motor to be loud
Which epilator to buy?
Choosing an epilator to purchase depends on various factors. It is worth thinking about how much you want to spend, this will likely be between around $20 and $100. Do you want the tool to come with other functions such as a razor or massager? Do you mind a corded device or would you like to be able to move it around freely and recharge it? Check out things like pivoting head, the shortest hair the device can catch, and the caps for sensitive areas. These factors will help you choose which epilator to buy.
Which is the best epilator to buy?
Once you define the factors you want in an epilator (see above question), check out which tool in our list above, linking to amazon.com, best suits your needs. We have scoured the market and amazon services llc associates for the best epilator out there, and you will find a whole range of choice in the list. Something will surely suit your needs.
How to use an epilator on pubic hair
An epilator should be used on pubic hair with caution, but it is possible and safe to do so. Make sure to pull skin taut, especially around the labia, to avoid skin getting caught in the rollers. The pubic area is very sensitive so the process can be painful, although you will get more used to it with time. Due to the discomfort, some people prefer not to epilate any more than the line around your panties and use a shaver for the rest. However if you proceed carefully you can epilate this area and it can give long-lasting results for the same length of time as a wax, or even more!
Is epilator good for sensitive skin
Yes, epilating is in fact good for sensitive skin. This is because it uses tweezers which pull hairs out from the root without agitating the skin. Waxing, for example, also removes hair from the root, but the sticky wax strips pull up skin cells along with them, leaving skin tender and damaged. That said, epilating can be painful and leave skin looking red and bumpy for a day or so after use.
So, it is time to start your journey into epilation for a brazilian and I hope you found some great products from the ones listed above by amazon services llc associates. Although it can seem scary to operate motorised machinery down there, if you proceed with caution, you can end up saving a lot of time and money in the future. Not to mention the fact that the longer you practice regular epilation, the slower and finer your hairs will grow back. So it is worth getting started!