A beauty balm, or BB cream, is the most versatile makeup you could own. Not only does it act as a lightweight foundation, but it’s also a moisturizer and sometimes a sunscreen. Some formulas correct uneven skin tone and others fight signs of aging. There are even BB creams that control acne.
- Best BB Creams for Dry Skin
- 1. Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer
- 2. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
- 3. L’Oréal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream, Anti-Fatigue
- 4. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer
- 5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, Natural Radiance
- 6. Beauty by Earth Tinted Facial Sunscreen – DD Cream for Face SPF 20
- 7. MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23 Natural Beige SPF42 PA+++ (Best Korean BB Cream)
- 8. Olay CC Cream, Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen
- 9. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30
- 10. theBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18
- 11. Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisturizer
- 12. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
- 13. Borghese Summer Glow Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
- 14. NYX beauty BB beauty balm
- 15. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Tinted Moisturizer
- 16. Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream
- 17. Burt’s Bees BB Cream with SPF 15
- 18. Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream SPF 30
- 19. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur with SPF 20
- 20. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow
- 21. Jolie Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer
- Related Articles
Best BB Creams for Dry Skin
The best BB creams for dry skin will hydrate your face without making it moist. They also protect against environmental damage and prevent wrinkles. Let’s look at good products that will rejuvenate your appearance by restoring moisture and disguising blemishes.
1. Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer
Garnier’s SkinActive BB cream battles signs of aging and dryness by locking hydration into the skin with Pro-Xylane. It contains antioxidants that neutralize damage from free radicals in the environment. And it protects against ultraviolet radiation with SPF15. The tinted mineral pigments even skin tone, too.
Studies done by Garnier reveal that 94% of women that used this BB cream saw a healthier glow. Plus, within four weeks, 86% saw visibly smoother skin with fewer wrinkles.
2. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
L’Oreal’s Magic’s Skin Beautifier Cream does not contain sunscreen. But it does hydrate dry skin while it nourishes it with vitamins C and E. Moreover, it contains microscopic beautifying beads with pigments that automatically match and perfect your skin tone.
3. L’Oréal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream, Anti-Fatigue
L’Oreal also makes an anti-fatigue version of their Skin Beautifier BB cream. While it moisturizes dry skin, it alsoit also hides dark circles and other signs of tiredness. Of course, the tiny pigment beads will adjust to your skin tone.
4. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer
Juice Beauty takes care of four problems at once with their tinted mineral moisturizer. First, it protects against sunburn with SPF 30. Next, the tinted minerals provide smooth, even coverage to disguise blemishes. Along with that, the formula contains antioxidants like aloe, grape, and pomegranate juices. These antioxidants work to protect against sun damage and dry skin.
Finally, it moisturizes with natural ingredients like vegetable hyaluronic acid. But it also has organic plant oils like jojoba, sunflower, and coconut to make skin supple.
Also importantly, this moisturizer contains no artificial dyes. Therefore, there are only four mineral shades ranging from sheer to ivory to sand to tan.
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, Natural Radiance
Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer makes your skin look dewy fresh all day long. It’s especially good if you have very dry skin. Plus, the coverage is buildable to make sure that every blemish is hidden.
6. Beauty by Earth Tinted Facial Sunscreen – DD Cream for Face SPF 20
The Beauty by Earth tinted sunscreen is a DD cream– an extension of the original BB creams. It provides full-spectrum protection against ultraviolet radiation with zinc oxide. There are no chemical sunscreens in the formula.
Fans of this cream love that it’s made with organic aloe and organic oils and vegetable extracts. In fact, it’s vegan and cruelty-free.
Also, this tinted moisturizer is safe for everyone in the family, even children. Moreover, it’s water-resistant for up to 80 minutes.
7. MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23 Natural Beige SPF42 PA+++ (Best Korean BB Cream)
MISSHA is one of the original Korean manufacturers of BB creams. You might be aware that BB creams are big business in Asia. Their Perfect Cover cream provides full-spectrum sunscreen protection as well as other benefits.
For example, this Korean BB cream moisturizes with hyaluronic acid and locks in the moisture with ceramides. The ceramides protect the skin’s natural barrier against dryness. Furthermore, extracts of chamomile and rosemary soothe away irritation.
8. Olay CC Cream, Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen
Olay’s CC cream offers a spectrum of features to keep your face looking young and healthy. First, it moisturizes deeply and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Second, it protects against the sun with SPF15. Third, it brightens and evens out skin tone and hides dark spots. Finally, you can wear it alone or underneath a foundation, too.
9. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30
The bareMinerals Complexion Rescue tinted cream protects against sunburn all day long with SPF 30. Being a mineral-based cream, it uses titanium dioxide to block UV rays and provide pigmentation. The lightweight gel penetrates deeply to add moisture and protect against dryness. Additionally, it provides sheer to medium coverage to perfect your appearance.
10. theBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18
TheBalm understands that time is short. They have a philosophy of “beauty in five minutes.” So if you’re often on the run but still want to look your best, try their BalmShelter tinted moisturizer with SPF 18. It’s a handy all-in-one product that includes moisturizer, sunscreen, and a lightweight foundation. In addition, it lacks parabens and was never tested on animals.
11. Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisturizer
Jane Iredale’s Dream Tint Moisturizer is perfect when you want to slap on a little sunscreen and moisturizer before a run outdoors. It has SPF 15 protection that’s water-resistant up to 40 minutes. Plus, it’s reef-safe.
The soft-focus effect of the mineral pigments hides pores and fine lines without creasing. Plus the formula calms the skin.
12. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
The Anthelios tinted mineral sunscreen from La Roche-Posay is a good fit if you have dry skin. It has a high level of sunscreen due to the mineral zinc oxide. Zinc oxide provides broad-spectrum protection against ultraviolet rays, and it’s unlikely to irritate the skin. Moreover, the formula has Senna Alata, which is an antioxidant complex that keeps the skin from aging.
13. Borghese Summer Glow Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
If all you want is lightweight coverage, the Summer Glow Tinted Moisturizer from Borghese will make your skin look radiant. The sheer coverage keeps your face looking fresh. Plus, the mineral-based formula provides SPF 20 protection against the sun.
14. NYX beauty BB beauty balm
NYX makes a 100% natural, 70% organic BB cream. It relies on botanical extracts and natural ingredients to rejuvenate your skin. Also, it contains enriched minerals and glycerin that helps to rejuvenate your skin. As you can imagine, this deliciously-scented cream will make your face feel fresh and look younger.
15. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Tinted Moisturizer
You might be wondering what the difference is between the tinted moisturizer and the BB cream made by Physicians Formula. The key distinction is that the tinted moisturizer contains SPF 15 sunscreen. Additionally, it’s available in two shades. But it has a similarly moisturizing base of organic fruit water plus jojoba, sunflower seed, and avocado oils.
16. Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream
Physicians Formula also makes a Super BB cream with ten beauty benefits. These benefits include firming, filling, protecting against sunburn, moisturizing, smoothing texture, and serving as a primer underneath other makeup.
The hypoallergenic cream is also free of parabens, artificial fragrances, and gluten. It won’t clog pores and doesn’t feel greasy. Instead, the all-in-one moisturizer refines and revitalizes your face.
17. Burt’s Bees BB Cream with SPF 15
Burt’s Bees BB Cream with SPF 15 contains lightweight foundation and hydrating lotion. This trademark ingredient evens skin tone and texture to diminish the appearance of brown spots and blotchiness. Then the light-reflecting minerals brighten your face to make it radiant. And the oil-free formula is hypoallergenic and provides broad-spectrum protection against the sun.
18. Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream SPF 30
How can you get the coverage of a foundation with the benefits of a moisturizer and a sunscreen? It’s easy if you have the Physicians Formula Super CC Cream. The color-correcting pigments disguise dark circles, blemishes, scars, uneven skin tone, fine lines, and other signs of fatigue.
Moreover, while the built-in sunscreen protects against ultraviolet rays, the anti-aging ingredients reverse previous environmental damage.
19. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur with SPF 20
The Effaclar BB cream from La Roche-Posay absorbs oil and reduces the appearance of large pores. It also hides other forms of uneven skin tone and blemishes. Plus, the broad-spectrum sunscreen keeps ultraviolet rays at bay.
Like other products from the same company, this one is free of parabens and hypoallergenic. It’s also moisturizing due to the humectant glycerin which draws hydration into the skin.
20. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow
Marcelle’s Golden Glow BB Cream comes in only one shade that adjusts to fair and medium skin tones. Although it doesn’t have a sunscreen, it prevents premature aging with antioxidants. Besides that, it rejuvenates with chamomile and aloe to hydrate and soothe the skin. And the formula is free from parabens, artificial fragrances, and pore-clogging oils.
21. Jolie Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer
If you prefer to look like you’re not even wearing makeup, try the Jolie Mineral Sheer Tint Moisturizer. It enhances the appearance of your skin and protects it from sun damage. Meanwhile, antioxidants like ginseng, and vitamins A&E, and ginkgo biloba prevent signs of aging. Furthermore, it’s not hard to find a color match since it’s available in seven shades.
As you’ve seen, you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to the best BB creams for dry skin. There is a wide variety of tinted moisturizers and color-correcting creams that will help you look your best. We hope you discovered a new one to try today.
Nowadays, there are lots of crazy contouring tutorials out there, however, for most women marking up their face like an art project doesn't really appeal to them. If you are one of those women, don't dismay, because you can still[...]
So we've all probably been here before, in a moment of passion, we get carried away with our partners and just wake up with a round purplish or blue bruise better known as a hickey. A hickey is basically a[...]
Everyone wants to have brows that are perfect for them. Why wouldn’t they? Eyebrows frame the face and have the ability to dictate your entire look. To some, eyebrows are even meant to make a statement and they use it[...]