Last Updated on
If you break out easily, you could have a tough choice. Either you wear enough makeup to disguise blemishes, or you wear less makeup in hopes of having fewer pimples. Lucky for you, there’s a solution to your dilemma. Try one of the best BB creams for acne-prone skin.
- Best BB Creams for Acne-Prone Skin That Actually Work in 2020
- 1. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur with SPF 20
- 2. Clinique Acne Solutions BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40
- 3. Elite MD BB Cream SPF 50+
- 4. Olay CC Cream, Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen
- 5. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream
- 6. SKIN79 Super+ BB Triple Function Hot Pink SPF25/PA++
- 7. The Face Shop Miracle Finish CC Intense Cover Cushion SPF50+ PA+++
- 8. Marcelle BB Cream Matte
- 9. Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream
- 10. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin BB Beauty Balm Cream
- 11. Dr. Jart Dis-a-Pore SPF 30 Beauty Balm
- 12. Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
- 13. MISSHA M Signature Real Complete BB Cream SPF25 PA++
- 14. Beauty Shot Face Blur 35g SPF33 PA++ KPop Korean Cosmetics by Etude House
- 15. EverGlam K Beauty Skin Perfector – BB Cream SPF 30
- 16. Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40
- 17. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer
- 18. Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream
- 19. Hawaiian Aloe Vera Moisturizing Skin Cream
- 20. CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream
- 21. Skinfood Aloe Sunscreen BB Cream SPF20 PA++
Best BB Creams for Acne-Prone Skin That Actually Work in 2020
1. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur with SPF 20
The Effaclar BB Blur from La Roche-Posay is lightweight and not greasy. It has mineral pigment that disguises pores and blemishes while it protects you from sunburn. Moreover, it absorbs oil to keep your face fresh, not shiny. If you want extra acne-fighting power, wear this BB cream after applying Effaclar acne treatment cream.
2. Clinique Acne Solutions BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40
Clinique has decades of experience in taking care of acne-prone skin. Their Acne Solutions BB cream is lightweight but still manages to camouflage blemishes. Just as importantly, it mattifies skin for up to 12 hours of wear. There are several shades, and each one has broad-spectrum sunscreen.
3. Elite MD BB Cream SPF 50+
Elite MD’s BB cream offers maximum UV protection with a mineral sunscreen along with other benefits. For example, the sheer tint matches skin tone automatically and maintains a matte finish. Therefore you can wear it as a primer, or by itself. It also contains antioxidants that fight signs of aging. Finally, there are no artificial fragrances, oils, or parabens in the formula.
4. Olay CC Cream, Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen
Olay’s CC cream will make your face more radiant. That’s because it corrects color while it hides blemishes. But it also has niacinamide to absorb extra oil and boost collagen production. That means while you wear it, you’ll be firming up your skin. Additionally, it has a sunscreen with SPF 15 protection.
5. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream
Maybelline’s Dream Pure BB Cream automatically matches your skin tone after you apply it. As you wear it, it camouflages imperfections and moisturizes your face. Furthermore, it has 2% salicylic acid that exfoliates dead skin and clears clogged pores. This prevents pimples. Of course, it contains a lightweight SPF 15 sunscreen, too.
6. SKIN79 Super+ BB Triple Function Hot Pink SPF25/PA++
Skin79 is a Korean company that caters for every skincare concern. The Hot Pink BB cream is just right for managing your acne prone skin. It has a natural astringent that shrinks pores and reduces oiliness. Also, it brightens the skin with vitamin C derived from Acerola. Finally, the lightweight formula keeps your face powdery fresh for hours.
7. The Face Shop Miracle Finish CC Intense Cover Cushion SPF50+ PA+++
The Face Shop is another Korean manufacturer of popular skin care items. Their Miracle Finish isn’t a cream, but a powder. They call it a “cushion”. It’s not chalky, but moist with Microfoam. This ingredient keeps your skin fresh. Moreover, it reduces shine and camouflages blemishes.
8. Marcelle BB Cream Matte
Marcelle’s BB Cream comes in more than one version, so be sure to select Matte if you have acne prone skin. This high-quality makeup won’t crease into lines or make your face look cakey or powdery. The self-adjusting pigments even out your skin tone while the moisturizers soften your skin for up to 24 hours. Unfortunately, there is no sunscreen.
9. Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream
Physicians Formula includes everything you need to look great in their Super Beauty Balm Cream. They list ten benefits including moisturizing, firming, priming, and smoothing. You can wear it by itself or underneath a foundation. It provides mineral sunscreen as well as medium coverage.
The optical diffusers in the tint blur imperfections while antioxidants and moisturizers reverse signs of aging. Additionally, this hypoallergenic formula is free of artificial fragrances and parabens.
10. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin BB Beauty Balm Cream
If you prefer natural options, try this beauty balm from Physicians Formula. It has 70% certified organic ingredients starting with a Coconut Cocktail. This blend of coconut water and botanical extracts has a pleasant tropical scent, and it deeply hydrates your skin without making it moist.
One of the easiest ways to keep your face happy is to moisturize it. Therefore, you may find that this BB cream is exactly what you need to slow down oil production and reduce redness. It also has willow bark extract that diminishes inflammation and helps keep pores clear.
11. Dr. Jart Dis-a-Pore SPF 30 Beauty Balm
Dr. Jart’s Dis-a-Pore Beauty Balm offers mineral and chemical sunscreen, moisturizer, and a lightweight tint to disguise blemishes. This popular product contains unusual components like snow lotus that brightens skin tone and vitamin tree fruit to fight wrinkles. There are also lavender, rosemary, and chamomile that calm irritation.
12. Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
The anti-aging formula shrinks pores and perfects your complexion. Of course, it has a lightweight sunscreen and moisturizer, too. Feel free to wear it by itself or as a primer underneath other makeup.
13. MISSHA M Signature Real Complete BB Cream SPF25 PA++
The Korean company MISSHA makes the fashionable Signature Real Complete cream. First, it’s a product that lacks drying alcohols, parabens, and even GMOs. Next, it moisturizes while it slows down sebum production. At the same time, it uses lipids and amino acids to make the skin supple. And finally, the coverage lasts up to 12 hours.
14. Beauty Shot Face Blur 35g SPF33 PA++ KPop Korean Cosmetics by Etude House
Etude House is a Korean company that makes the Beauty Shot Face Blur. This BB cream treats your face like an Instagram filter. That’s because it smoothes fine lines, brightens tone, and shrinks pores. It also moisturizes and protects against sunburn. But if you have acne prone skin, you’ll get better results if you set it with powder.
15. EverGlam K Beauty Skin Perfector – BB Cream SPF 30
The K Beauty Skin Perfector from EverGlam reduces redness and camouflages imperfections. It has an anti-aging serum that improves skin texture and coloration. The paraben-free formula also contains moisturizing and nourishing ingredients like algae and purslane.
16. Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40
Supergoop’s Daily Correct CC Cream has mica that diffuses light to blur blemishes and disguise fine lines. But it also has a potent mineral sunscreen plus other benefits. These benefits include apple extract and omega oils that fade hyperpigmentation with regular use. The formula feels lightweight, won’t transfer to clothes, lasts all day, and lacks harmful chemicals.
17. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer
Juice Beauty may call it a tinted mineral moisturizer, but it’s basically a BB cream. It has sunscreen and mineral pigments, plus age-fighting ingredients like hyaluronic acid, organic plant oils, and fruit extracts. Although it doesn’t specifically aim to treat acne-prone skin, the mild formula gives your face a healthy boost.
18. Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream
Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream has various uses. This oil-free cream can be used as a foundation, concealer, and coverage. As a concealer and foundation, it covers scars, lines, and wrinkles. It also has great coverage and people close to you will hardly notice that you have done makeup.
Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream offers different shades to suit your skin. This is a water-based foundation and is oil-free. This means your pores are not clogged and keeps your skin hydrated the whole day. The result is a shine-free skin with an even skin tone.
19. Hawaiian Aloe Vera Moisturizing Skin Cream
Hawaiian Aloe Vera Moisturizing skin cream helps to keep skin hydrated. Its formula consists mainly of natural origin ingredients with moisturizing properties, such as aloe vera, cocoa butter, rich herbs, and moisturizing shea. This cream includes antioxidant properties since it has natural beeswax. The skin gets hydrated due to vitamin complex.
This cream contains a hydration formula which helps to increase the level of skin hydration. This leaves the skin soft and smooth. Aloe butter helps to moisturize the skin. It also helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. This cream is safe to use anywhere on the body.
20. CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream
The Clean Matte BB Cream from CoverGirl keeps your face smooth but not shiny throughout the day. Although a single layer looks sheer, you can build the coverage to hide pores and acne scars. Fortunately, the non-comedogenic formula is safe even for sensitive skin.
21. Skinfood Aloe Sunscreen BB Cream SPF20 PA++
The Aloe BB Cream from Skinfood reduces shine, brightens skin tone, and contains sunscreen. But it’s also waterproof, which makes it a good companion for outdoor activities.
One of the best BB creams for acne-prone skin will solve multiple problems at once. Not only do they manage oil and camouflage blemishes, but they also nourish, protect, and hydrate your skin. Some will have similar effects as the best skin lightening creams for hyperpigmentation will. We hope you discovered a new one to try among our reviews today.